Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2016, 08:42 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,247,380 times

Advertisements

I can't remember the percentage but apparently some very high percentage of NPP voters did not know they had to request Democratic ballot to vote for president. I think the results are going to remain unknown because that type of factor - early voters vs. those who vote on election day, NPP voters who want to vote for Bernie but don't know they have to ask for the right ballot. It's not easy to poll on these kinds of factors.

What seems clear to me is that it's not going to be a landslide on either side, and as much as Bernie will want to crow if he wins even by a handful of points, it doesn't change anything. And a second place finish doesn't give him the right to demand concessions let alone the nomination.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:22 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,979,959 times
New poll

California (ARG) : Clinton +1
New Jersey (ARG) : Clinton +23
New Mexico (BWD Global) : Clinton +25

Last edited by Daywalk; 06-03-2016 at 10:31 AM..

Old 06-03-2016, 11:12 AM

I think the Bernie supporters talking about election fraud based on Initial exit polls are really stupid....

Look at the first exit poll number in Iowa

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BUQEmkdBpXU
@ 1:13:25
It was Clinton 50, Sanders 44, O'Malley 3

Result was Clinton +0.2 only
See sanders performed way better than initial exit polls

Sanders supporters just cherrypick information and spin about them!

Old 06-03-2016, 05:36 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,957,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I can't remember the percentage but apparently some very high percentage of NPP voters did not know they had to request Democratic ballot to vote for president.
Why? It's been all over the news since before early voting began.
Quote:
I think the results are going to remain unknown because that type of factor - early voters vs. those who vote on election day, NPP voters who want to vote for Bernie but don't know they have to ask for the right ballot. It's not easy to poll on these kinds of factors.
I agree and, although it's possible that rule might have an effect on the outcome in Calif, it's very different from voter fraud or suppression. IMO it is up to every candidate and his or her campaign staff to do the groundwork to get out the vote. I've seen numerous websites with all the information anyone needs.

Even if a voter is confused, there are many resources in every community. I recently moved to a new state and had no idea how/where to get my driver's license, vote, etc., but I found out very quickly. Every state has a website with instructions on how to register and vote and I've moved a lot (too much) over the past 20 years. I just feel someone who is old enough to drive a 2 ton vehicle and buy a shotgun should be able to figure out how to vote. I would write the same thing no matter whom I supported.

Old 06-03-2016, 06:15 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,957,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post

Sanders supporters just cherrypick information and spin about them!
I just read this article and even Nate Silver can't figure out who is going to win California by the polls. Guess the results in Michigan really spooked him!

"So while the polls could be off by enough for Sanders to win California — I like his odds better than our polling model does — they could also be off in the other direction, meaning that Clinton could win by 15 to 20 percentage points."

[url=http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/hispanic-voters-will-decide-bernie-sanderss-fate-in-california/]Hispanic Voters Will Decide Bernie Sanders’s Fate in California | FiveThirtyEight[/url]

This article has to be the most non-committal one I've read on a site that reports polling forecasts. It does point out, however, that Clinton far outperformed the Calif polls in 2008 over Obama.

There are 6 states voting on June 7. So I just hope that the media waits until all the polls have closed before announcing she's won the nomination. I realize it might not make any difference mathematically, but it could affect voter turnout. Now the only thing we can do is wait.

Old 06-03-2016, 06:59 PM

39,096 posts, read 51,295,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I just read this article and even Nate Silver can't figure out who is going to win California by the polls. Guess the results in Michigan really spooked him!

"So while the polls could be off by enough for Sanders to win California — I like his odds better than our polling model does — they could also be off in the other direction, meaning that Clinton could win by 15 to 20 percentage points."

Hispanic Voters Will Decide Bernie Sanders’s Fate in California | FiveThirtyEight

This article has to be the most non-committal one I've read on a site that reports polling forecasts. It does point out, however, that Clinton far outperformed the Calif polls in 2008 over Obama.

There are 6 states voting on June 7. So I just hope that the media waits until all the polls have closed before announcing she's won the nomination. I realize it might not make any difference mathematically, but it could affect voter turnout. Now the only thing we can do is wait.
I doubt that is going to happen. California is always slow with the count. It'll be Wednesday if they wait.

Old 06-03-2016, 07:17 PM

New poll

Puerto Rico (Pasquines) : Clinton +34

Old 06-04-2016, 08:33 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,720,481 times
NBC Poll

Poll on NBC for who you vote for in November if the three left. Sanders is in the lead by a lot.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:55 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,247,380 times
"Nbcpolitics.org" is not "nbcnews.com"

They fact that Hillary Clinton's name is misspelled should be a dead give away, not to mention that there is no validity to a poll with 2 primary opponents against the nominee of another party.

Old 06-05-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
"Nbcpolitics.org" is not "nbcnews.com"

They fact that Hillary Clinton's name is misspelled should be a dead give away, not to mention that there is no validity to a poll with 2 primary opponents against the nominee of another party.
If he has at least some background in statistics, he wouldn't have posted here. That poll is clearly not scientific and is therefore meaningless in estimating how a population will vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.