Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 05:27 PM

791 posts, read 460,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And President Clinton surely disrespected his wife when he was playing with a young intern, under a desk while married also. For gosh sakes he was our Presdient, no morals at all he had.

Guess you can say like the rest of us humans, no one is perfect, imagine that. We just seem to want our elected officials, to be of good character, i agree, but then again, i know that humans are not perfect.
I can see that Newt has changed from years ago. Do i like him, that is not the question, can i forgive him, and not judge him, yes i can.
I don't judge Newt based on the fact that he is a serial adulterer, I judge him based on his ringing endorsement of Alvin Toffler's book 'The Third Wave'. In this book Toffler makes the case for the destruction of the US Constitution and our national sovereignty, replaced by a supra-national authority like the UN.

SCARY STUFF!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 06:40 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Your take on this is totally wrong! The media had it coming, and Newt let'em have it! Good for him.

I want more of that. I don't give a damn if it's from Newt or someone else!

But, my God ... we have got to engage these ass holes!!!

We simply MUST go on the OFFENSE!
Jeez, calm down!

Quote:
Why can't you seperate personal from business. No one cared when we had a sitting President playing more then footisies under a desk with a certain intern. Did you care about that. Where in the hell were morals, Clinton was a President, and had bad character flaws.

Who does that sh-- with a young intern, while being Presdient of this Country. I found it offensive. But people because he was Clinton, let it go. If i remember they seperated his affairs from Presidential duties.
It seems like a lot of people cared about it. I cared about it. I did not defend Clinton.

Quote:
And President Clinton surely disrespected his wife when he was playing with a young intern, under a desk while married also. For gosh sakes he was our Presdient, no morals at all he had.

Guess you can say like the rest of us humans, no one is perfect, imagine that. We just seem to want our elected officials, to be of good character, i agree, but then again, i know that humans are not perfect.
I can see that Newt has changed from years ago. Do i like him, that is not the question, can i forgive him, and not judge him, yes i can.
Yes, Clinton did disrespect his wife. This thread is not about Clinton.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:44 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
You really think people won't vote for him? Don't forget. This country voted for Bush not only once but twice. People will vote for him despite his ugly history. We should be concerned.
The only ones who should be worried about Gingrich getting the GOP nomination are Republicans. If you like Barack Obama you should be crying hardily for Newt to get the nomination. This is a guy who people flat out hate. Rick Santorum getting the nomination would be the next best scenario for Obama.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:47 PM

135 posts, read 310,744 times
I miss the days of Bill Clinton. Too bad he can't come back for a third term. Not looking forward to all the negative political campaign ads in the coming months. Yuck!

Old 01-28-2012, 06:55 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,484,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasleb View Post
I miss the days of Bill Clinton. Too bad he can't come back for a third term. Not looking forward to all the negative political campaign ads in the coming months. Yuck!
Me too. I couldn't stand him at the time, and still didn't like his sexcapades, but at least he was a decent manager. After the debacle that was the last decade, the 90s suddenly seem so much better...of course that's because the 90s WERE better.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:11 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
You really think people won't vote for him? Don't forget. This country voted for Bush not only once but twice. People will vote for him despite his ugly history. We should be concerned.
But, you forget what the alternatives were, do you not?

And, thank God people did vote for Bush the first time, as we now know what a complete lunatic Al Gore really is.

As for the second time, while John Kerry isn't quite the lunatic Al Gore is, he is guilty of treason, is a liar, a coward, and if it were not for his rich wife (who donates millions to the money laundering 'Tides Foundation', and other leftist groups), he would probably be a nobody.

Thank God voters are not as dumb as you think.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Obama is leading Newt nationally 55% to 38%. As a Democrat I'm worried about Newt, and what I mean is that I'm worried he might not win the nomination.
Considering that most polls over sample Democrats, and considering what Obama has done to this country and our economy, and that almost every American has felt the effects of what he has done, I'm confident that any Republican running will beat Obama in a landslide not seen since Ronald Reagan won the election in 1980.

I am confident that most Americans are not so stupid as to give the usurper-in-chief a second term to let him finish his destruction of our country.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Careful, we need to feign some "real" fear of a Newt nominee.
Wise up. It is Obama we need to fear, and if you haven't yet figured that out, you must live in a cave.

Any Republican would be better for this country than another four years of Obama the usurper, and hater of America.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Why can't you seperate personal from business. No one cared when we had a sitting President playing more then footisies under a desk with a certain intern. Did you care about that. Where in the hell were morals, Clinton was a President, and had bad character flaws.

Who does that sh-- with a young intern, while being Presdient of this Country. I found it offensive. But people because he was Clinton, let it go. If i remember they seperated his affairs from Presidential duties.
Exactly right.

This election is about saving America from the destruction (purposeful, and methodical) by a man who has no love for our Constitution, our founders, our history, or who we are as a people. He has only disdain for America.

Obama has always associated with communists, Marxists, and other radicals who believe America has become rich through the exploitation and oppression of others. He blames America for what he perceives to be the worlds ills.

What Obama believes about the role of government in the lives of humans would be anathema to the founders.

We presently have running for the Republican Presidential nomination four good men. None are without flaws. No man is without flaws. Each has his strengths and weaknesses. And some are more conservative than others.

All, would be a great improvement over four more years of Barack Obama.

Newt's past marital infidelities are not of concern to me under these circumstances. This isn't the church. Newt isn't a candidate for a position as a pastor or an elder. He is a candidate for President of the United States.

Considering the dangerous position that Obama has put this country in, I am more interested in a candidates political views of where he would take America. Would he repeal ObamaCare (this is a MUST)? Would he roll back the volumes of new regulations and reduce the numerous government agencies that have been created or expanded under Obama (a MUST)?

These are the issues, and there are many more. A man's marital history, under the circumstances we are in, is of no concern to me. I want the man that recognizes the danger we are in, and knows how to steer this ship back on course. I want a man who loves freedom and liberty, and believes in the America our founders created.

That man is NOT Barack Hussein Obama.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:54 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Exactly right.

This election is about saving America from the destruction (purposeful, and methodical) by a man who has no love for our Constitution, our founders, our history, or who we are as a people. He has only disdain for America.

Obama has always associated with communists, Marxists, and other radicals who believe America has become rich through the exploitation and oppression of others. He blames America for what he perceives to be the worlds ills.

What Obama believes about the role of government in the lives of humans would be anathema to the founders.

We presently have running for the Republican Presidential nomination four good men. None are without flaws. No man is without flaws. Each has his strengths and weaknesses. And some are more conservative than others.

All, would be a great improvement over four more years of Barack Obama.

Newt's past marital infidelities are not of concern to me under these circumstances. This isn't the church. Newt isn't a candidate for a position as a pastor or an elder. He is a candidate for President of the United States.

Considering the dangerous position that Obama has put this country in, I am more interested in a candidates political views of where he would take America. Would he repeal ObamaCare (this is a MUST)? Would he roll back the volumes of new regulations and reduce the numerous government agencies that have been created or expanded under Obama (a MUST)?

These are the issues, and there are many more. A man's marital history, under the circumstances we are in, is of no concern to me. I want the man that recognizes the danger we are in, and knows how to steer this ship back on course. I want a man who loves freedom and liberty, and believes in the America our founders created.

That man is NOT Barack Hussein Obama.

Ah yes! We neeeeed the Speaker of the Moonies! Go Nuttster! Get on top of that ticket! You got my backing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections