Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 11:43 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,709,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
I noticed that, too. He specifically asked me for links and when I provide them he conveniently IGNORES them.

Newt Gingrich is a One World Government Trojan Horse, and a threat to this entire nation!!
This is very true once you scratch the surface of the Newt. Frankly though, Newt is the best thing to happen to the Democratic party in two and a half years. Newt has garnered the tea party supporters and fractured the republican party better than any Democrat could have ever done. Just as in 2008, once the conservatives don't get their man as candidate, many will just stay home on election night in disgust and Obama will get another four years. With Hillary as VP they'll probably get 12 years without a fight.

Irony is that Newt may singlehandedly bring down the republican party for the forseeable future by derailing the conservative tea party to a dead end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 12:11 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,312,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
That is one of the most asinine and unreasoned assessments of what happened in S. Carolina.

He didn't "fool" anybody.

What you people seem to miss is this:
Newt, unlike the others, has been consistently articulating views that resonate with a large majority of the population. Not only in S. Carolina, but across the U.S.

We (conservative Americans, and that means roughly 60% of the voting population — and if you don't believe that, you can look it up) have been aching for someone to stand up to the liberal B.S. that has been permeating much of what is printed, and what is heard on most of the news channels and airwaves for the last several decades.

Finally, we hear someone clearly and forcefully rebut the arguments about what's wrong with this country that we hear from Barack Hussein Obama.

It isn't as much Newt, as it is the message. But if Newt is the only one who can (or is willing to) make the arguments, then Newt is the man!

McCain lost, because he refused to engage Obama on his Marxist beliefs, and Obama's assertions that it is our arrogance that make us the target of terrorism.

John King's first question (considering this is a Presidential debate, not a bid for position of an associate pastor or elder of a church) was not only stupid, it was irrelevant. And therefore it was a complete waste of valuable time.

The liberals that have been moderating most of these debates have asked some of the most inconsequential and duplicitous questions for the purpose of painting the Republican candidates in a way that suits their cause, the re-election of Barack Obama.

When a man like Newt responds to this garbage, as he should, with a fiery retort, I applaud! It's about time.
I stand by what I said. Gingrich turned King's question into an "anti-media" diatribe and fooled those TPers into thinking it was the media's fault that poor Newtie was being criticized. If only they could think critically, they'd realize you "don't kill the messenger". Newt does not respect the sanctity of marriage.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:18 PM

791 posts, read 463,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I stand by what I said. Gingrich turned King's question into an "anti-media" diatribe and fooled those TPers into thinking it was the media's fault that poor Newtie was being criticized. If only they could think critically, they'd realize you "don't kill the messenger". Newt does not respect the sanctity of marriage.
Newt respects Newt.... and Alvin Toffler....

Old 01-28-2012, 12:18 PM

68,414 posts, read 54,749,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
Still on Bush?

Against him in 2000 was Al Gore.
Against him in 2004 was John Kerry.

Maybe if democrats had voted better people in to take on Bush, he wouldn't have won.
Something all the baseless Obama bashers should keep in mind.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:20 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,312,054 times
Quote:
Newt did not respect either of his first two wives.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Something all the baseless Obama bashers should keep in mind.
I can't stand the 'establishment' GOP, but I don't see anything 'baseless' in bashing O'bummer, either...

Old 01-28-2012, 12:25 PM

68,414 posts, read 54,749,293 times
Quote:
I can't stand the 'establishment' GOP, but I don't see anything 'baseless' in bashing O'bummer, either...
Like the number of a good opthamologist?

Old 01-28-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Like the number of a good opthamologist?
No thanks, I paid cash for Lasik awhile back, I've got 20/20...

Old 01-28-2012, 04:32 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,410,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Your take on this is totally wrong! The media had it coming, and Newt let'em have it! Good for him.

I want more of that. I don't give a damn if it's from Newt or someone else!

But, my God ... we have got to engage these ass holes!!!

We simply MUST go on the OFFENSE!

Old 01-28-2012, 04:39 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,410,162 times
Quote:
Be careful ... now you are starting to sound like a conspiracy therorist, just at the point when you had me looking into your arguments.

We already have too many conspiracy theorists, and most of them should be locked up. My mothers husband is one. I love him, but yipes! He is totally looney sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections