Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2021, 06:50 PM

34 posts, read 74,069 times

Advertisements

I’m going to wear an aluminum foil hat too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2021, 05:41 AM

13,056 posts, read 18,116,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Science smiance all one needs to look at is the NY Yankees. 9 staff members inc coaches and a player all fully vax’d have tested positive. Most suffered no symptoms and one was mild.
Perhaps, I should further explain that because all had been vaccinated, there was little impact to any of them despite testing positive.

Old 05-18-2021, 06:25 AM

829 posts, read 629,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachliz View Post
I know quite a few who aren't getting vaccinated. None are 65+. Everyone I know 65+ is vaccinated--family, friends, neighbors, etc.

Most people in my area are vaccinated though.

I know the mask mandate is being lifted this week, but my husband and I are choosing to double mask when indoors for awhile longer.
I'm just not comfortable with going maskless indoors just yet - I think it's a little too soon considering the current vaccination rate - and the fact that many of us live in an area that gets much more crowded during the summer season. My concession to the mask mandate lifting is to go from double masking to a single mask with a good filter. After having worn a double mask for a few months, I hardly notice it.

We were in downtown Rehoboth on Sunday and I was surprised at how many people were masked, as that was not our experience when it was similarly busy during the pandemic. My thought was that people are so perverse that they will wear a mask when they no longer have to. LOL

As we walked down the street, a group exited one of the restaurants with a bar (it was about 11:30A) and one of the very drunk group stumbled badly and nearly knocked over my husband, who was able to quickly step aside so the man fell onto the hood of the parked vehicle instead of him. My husband figured they were going to get aggressive toward him, but one of them yelled sorry to him. No masks on any of them and they were all less than 6 feet from my husband, especially the guy who fell against him - they were almost face to face. I tell you this only because when you're in public - whether inside or outside - you can't predict what other people are going to do, particularly in a crowded area. I just don't trust the unvaccinated to wear a mask - if they don't think they need a vaccine, they probably don't think they need a mask either, at least in some cases.

Also, I subscribe to the New York Times electronically and there were some good articles about the lifting of the mask recommendations. One was about people who will continue to wear masks, some of whom were expecting to be heckled. There were 2471 comments at the time I read the article and I started to read them, expecting them to be people making fun of the more cautious. I only read about 50, but every single one was someone agreeing with them and saying they planned to do the same.

Old 05-18-2021, 06:43 AM

9,724 posts, read 14,264,687 times
The gas shortage news has now been replaced by 'no masks'.

Old 05-18-2021, 08:23 AM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndyb View Post
I'm just not comfortable with going maskless indoors just yet - I think it's a little too soon considering the current vaccination rate - and the fact that many of us live in an area that gets much more crowded during the summer season. My concession to the mask mandate lifting is to go from double masking to a single mask with a good filter. After having worn a double mask for a few months, I hardly notice it.

I'm not willing to spend more time than necessary breathing what everyone else in the room has recently exhaled. I haven't read or heard anything about businesses improving their HVAC systems.

Old 05-18-2021, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
The gas shortage news has now been replaced by 'no masks'.
I think the media must be very disappointed the "gas shortage" didn't last any longer.

Old 05-18-2021, 03:29 PM

Today's numbers over/under
=57
NCC 63,374
KENT 17,865 + 9
SUSSEX 25,716+ 20

Hospitalized 77 -3
Critical 9 +2

No lives were lost yesterday.

Old 05-18-2021, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
=57
NCC 63,374
KENT 17,865 + 9
SUSSEX 25,716+ 20

Hospitalized 77 -3
Critical 9 +2

No lives were lost yesterday.
Two days in a row!! This is a good trend for sure!!

We were among 14 other states that had no Covid deaths on Monday: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...hs-Monday.html

Old 05-19-2021, 02:01 PM

NCC 63,953 See explanation below. My comment : HUH??
KENT 17,997
SUSSEX 25,756

Hospitalized 73 - 4

Critical 11 +2

We lost one person yesterday.

*The cumulative number of positive cases today is significantly larger than the most recent cases reported yesterday (May 18,2021), due to a technical issue that caused a delay in reporting by some laboratories. Historical cases that have been incorporated into Delaware's case statistics should not impact the most recent case trends. Please see the graph below titled "New Positive Cases" for the most current cases reported by date.

The above referenced "new positive cases" said 101. Not sure how it breaks out, but if I go with yesterdays numbers I posted,
given the jump in the numbers for each county it would be NCC +579 KENT +133 SUSSEX +40

SORRY I am at a loss.

Old 05-19-2021, 05:07 PM

9,724 posts, read 14,264,687 times
Don't even try to figure it out, Nuts!
I think the people providing that data are all NUTS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware