Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2017, 10:54 PM

400 posts, read 497,940 times

Advertisements

Sadly It won't come to that. Even my mom just tolerates me. But without them life goes on and im better off on my own.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:41 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,420,754 times
That just breaks my heart, Christina. Eventually they'll regret their actions. It may take years but it will happen.

Old 04-22-2017, 11:38 PM

400 posts, read 497,940 times
Please help and spread the word

https://www.gofundme.com/3ont4c0

Old 05-03-2017, 06:29 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,765,913 times
Mom got her coupon for the Nestea (I haven't yet - update on my on-going house saga: contractor of course waited until the deadline, he's now in the penalty phase. Silly me thought he'd really hustle to get the remaining work done... NOT. A worker today that is (as far as I know) the "carpenter person" - took care of some issues and we talked about the whole scheduling thing (it's entirely on the owner, he schedules more jobs than he can complete, has the workers running around like chickens w/heads cut off, etc.) - the carpenter mentioned that I seem to know what I'm talking about as far as work so far (as well as things I have here that they've had to use). My dad was in construction and a master carpenter (he built the house I grew up in). I took wood shop/mechanical drawing/metal shop while in high school as I was always interested. Have to wonder about folks that had work done from him that maybe didn't understand as much or weren't as detail-oriented.

Anyway, wish me luck!!! Hope you all are doing well. Some serious weather happening around the country.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:32 PM

Good luck, Flamingo! So sorry you're still dealing with contractor issues.

Old 05-05-2017, 11:41 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,995,149 times
Good luck Flamingo!!

I can't believe how much time has gone by since I posted last. Time is flying by faster and faster. I can't believe my kiddo is graduating with her masters degree on the 19th!! She wants to walk the stage in Lubbock so off we will go. Pack the motor home and nake an adventure out of it!!

I'm so ready for some good river time!!!

Hope this fines all well. Just becasue I don't post doesnt mean I don't think about each and everyone of you guys.

Old 05-05-2017, 01:24 PM

Always good to hear from you, Camper! I think of you so often. Congrats to your daughter. Gosh, I remember when she moved into her apartment -- how long ago was that!! Have a fun trip to Lubbock! Hope it isnt too warm up there but I'm sure the cold margaritas will cool you off.

Old 05-05-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Good luck, Flamingo! So sorry you're still dealing with contractor issues.
Thanks! - They did stain the front porch (but reapplied another coat after an hr. when the instruction - of course they DO NOT read instructions - says wait 72 hrs. between coats (I'd be okay w/waiting 24 hrs. but not 1) - it still remained tacky the next day - another worker came that removed the stain that had gotten on the PVC rails, etc. as well as do another coat as there were lots of spaces that were missed.. sigh.

They have repaired or replaced the lattice that was put on backwards and spent Thurs. sanding the back deck/porch area, stained some of the lattice sections. No work today because it was really raining heavily.

Contractor send an email to all involved saying "if another coat is needed, work won't be completed until first of next week as staining needs done before screening is attached, we are exceeding manufacturer recommendations". DUH, NO true as I said (plus what does "if another coat is needed"? there isn't one coat yet on most.

Anyway - wish me luck tomorrow - it's our community yard sale - my living room has tons of stuff to be taken out in the a.m. - I'm on my own though, nobody will come help except a neighbor (she's pretty small also) said she'd come help me get the tables and stuff out in the morning. Hoping to make some $$$ since I had to pay for mom's car repairs ($719!).

As always, hoping you all are well and happy!

No Nestea coupon here yet for me.

Old 05-11-2017, 04:07 PM

I had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day yesterday. I had a doctor appointment right after lunch and, 40 minutes after the appt time, I asked where the doctor was. The staff then told me that he was delayed getting back from lunch and it might be another hour or so. I was really upset – I can understand running late but I didnt understand why no one told me until I asked. So I told them I had another appt and left.

Then I tried to get gas and my gas card couldnt be read.

Then I came home and promptly spilled a full mug of iced tea all over my computer desk. It did something to my phone wires and my phone didnt work for over 6 hours.

My New Year’s resolution was to say, out loud every night, 3 things for which I was thankful that day. It helps me focus on the positive things in my life, even if I have to stretch to find 3 things some days.

But, when I went to bed last night – after such a terrible, horrible day -- I was able to find 3 things for which to be thankful:

The doctor’s nurse let me know that I had lost 5 pounds.

When I pulled up to the gas station, there were two suspicious young (early 20s) black men with droopy drawers just standing by the pumps. There was a robbery at that gas station (a few blocks down from me) in the middle of the day last week. I almost didnt stop there yesterday, but I needed gas. So it may have been a blessing that my gas card didnt work because I left immediately and may have avoided an unpleasant confrontation.

And the phone did start working after 6 hours or so. I had made an appt for a Comcast tech to come out today and was able to cancel it.

I really enjoy being thankful for 3 things every night, even if I have to really hunt for them some days.

Old 05-11-2017, 04:31 PM

I'm sorry you had such a bad day - seems like things add up sometimes.

Do try to think of the good things!

My positive: I got my free Nestea coupon!

My negative: I had won 4 free tickets for the Nationals pre-game event and game tonight but: friends that were going to go w/me called this morning (they live in MD, I'm in VA, game is in DC) - to say weather was too yucky - I agreed, it's been raining all day until just recently but it's pretty chilly (51 right now) and damp - so we aren't going

Positive: it was so gloomy that I was able to actually nap this afternoon (I so desperately need sleep that is a BIG plus)

Positive: (mostly) Dr. office called w/blood test results - most were good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff