Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2016, 07:37 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times

Advertisements

Khalil Gibran was one of my favorite poets 1964-1965. Thanks, Ketabcha.

Old 12-04-2016, 09:38 AM

3 posts, read 1,724 times
camper you will live dont worry

Old 12-04-2016, 03:00 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
What??

Old 12-04-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
What??

I agree, Flamingo. Camper hasnt posted anything that would elicit that response.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:02 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Ouch...

Merry Christmas ChadThunder.

Old 12-08-2016, 04:01 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
Sorry I haven't been good at updating - hoping you all - and your furry "kids" are doing well!

Yesterday was 4 weeks since my surgery - good in that I was able to drive this week, the yucky "stuff" along the incision has come off for the most part. Still having a good amount of swelling, foot is a lovely purple/dusky color and the skin in peeling (from the swelling according to Dr.) and still pain but not the tear bringing pain that I had! Yay - Follow-up appt. yesterday I brought up things I'd read online from folks that had P.T. - exercises, etc. - she told me to try them and demonstrated and had me try some.

The on-going work here is both good and bad - there have been "issues" w/quality of work, etc. but now it's getting down to the wire for the contract end date so contractor is finally going all-out w/having more workers, days of work, etc.

Timing was really bad to have to go thru surgery during this but I had to for insurance purposes. The having to move/relocate/store things, constant going up and down steps (Cape Cod so 2 regular floors plus basement) is taking it's toll. I now have to sleep upstairs in my regular bedroom (but there is some kind of smell they can't figure out), but only working bathroom is downstairs... Sigh, I'll live but I sure am pooped! Have had sleep issues for yrs. but I can't stay up much (if at all) past 8 p.m. - them my usual: sleep for a bit, awake for hrs., sleep for a bit - then have to get up early for workers showing up at "possibly" 7 a.m.

I can't decorate for Christmas either and I am bummed about that - just hoping it will all be worth it in the end. Won't be a "model home" because it's not in the $$ cards to do all that needs done but I figure it's gotta be better, LOL

Otherwise! Got a sample of a body wash to try from a reward program - hoping I'll like it. It's a shame that the freebies aren't like they used to be, now most just want a FB post/bump, little paper thing w/a scent, etc. - like we want to buy something because of that.

Stay warm and safe

Old 12-08-2016, 06:11 PM

So glad you're healing so well, Flamingo.

Re the remodeling...seems like there are always some issues with quality. At least your workers are arriving at 7:00 AM -- when I remodeled, I was lucky if my workers arrived at noon, usually later. I was still working then so I wanted them out of the house when I got home at 5:00 PM. That was one reason it took 3 times as long as promised for my work to get done.

But it was worth the frustration for me in the end and it will be worth it for you too.

Sorry you wont be able to decorate for Christmas. Maybe you could just do a little decorating, like a room or two. Or do what I do -- decorate in your head.

Old 12-09-2016, 08:19 AM

Flamingo, so glad to read that your doing better!!! Day by day friend, day by day.

As for your remolding, even when you do it yourself there are issues with quality. Believe me, no one will notice most of it. You are there living it, seeing every little detail.

It's going to be great.

Old 12-09-2016, 08:30 AM

I have a new collection started!! Someone gave me a beautiful camper music box a few years back that plays Christmas music and I cherish it dearly. Well, while in Fredricksburg for our Camping club Christmas party I started finding some of the cutest Camper ornaments!! I'll soon have my own Christmas campground!

I have been so busy the past few months that I haven't been on here much but I wanted to let each of you know that you guys are always in my thoughts. I wish each of you a very Merry Christmas. Remember to tell you family each day that you love them and hug them every chance you get.

Old 12-09-2016, 10:02 AM

What a nice collection, Camper!

I love collecting things. I used to collect bookmarks. Now I collect Roseville pottery, although my house is so small and I have so much Roseville stuff that I havent bought anything on eBay in ages.

I'll have some news about Lulu next week. In the meantime, keep praying or sending good vibes. I've been praying to St Anthony, patron saint of animals. And, since Ketabcha told me about the patron saint of gambling, I may pray to him too, as I took a gamble on Lulu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff