Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2017, 04:34 PM

22,184 posts, read 14,821,393 times

Advertisements

I hope Lulu is well TFW!

Old 01-19-2017, 05:08 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrainman View Post
I hope Lulu is well TFW!

You're so sweet, dear Bob. Right now she's a little zonked because my area has had storms, day and night, for the past 3 days. Thunder makes her crazy so I've been giving her the xanax that her vet prescribed. But, other than that, she's doing fine.

In fact, she's doing better than fine. I wasnt going to say anything about this for a couple more weeks, but something started happening two weeks ago. Either the radiologist and the vet were both wrong about the masses being cancerous or a miracle is happening. The tumors in her mammary glands are getting much smaller. The largest one, which was the size of a big fist, is now 1/5 of its original size – in fact, it’s almost gone. Had I not known where it was, I’d have a hard time finding it now. And the other masses have disappeared.

I’m going to wait until the large mass is totally gone before taking her back to the vet.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:21 PM

22,184 posts, read 14,821,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
You're so sweet, dear Bob. Right now she's a little zonked because my area has had storms, day and night, for the past 3 days. Thunder makes her crazy so I've been giving her the xanax that her vet prescribed. But, other than that, she's doing fine.

In fact, she's doing better than fine. I wasnt going to say anything about this for a couple more weeks, but something started happening two weeks ago. Either the radiologist and the vet were both wrong about the masses being cancerous or a miracle is happening. The tumors in her mammary glands are getting much smaller. The largest one, which was the size of a big fist, is now 1/5 of its original size – in fact, it’s almost gone. Had I not known where it was, I’d have a hard time finding it now. And the other masses have disappeared.

I’m going to wait until the large mass is totally gone before taking her back to the vet.
She was touched by an angel!

Old 01-22-2017, 08:35 PM

Sorry the Steelers didnt win tonight, Flamingo.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrainman View Post
She was touched by an angel!

LOL. Either that or she's too ornery for cancer.

I did a stupid thing last week. I bought a new silk pillowcase -- made in China (of course) but supposedly high-quality. The instructions said not to machine wash/dry and I wasnt in the mood the hand-wash and hand-dry at the time so I just used it without washing it first. (Yes, I know -- ugh)

After 2 nights, my face started breaking out in lesions all over. Then it spread to my neck and hands. On my hands they look like ant bites. I stopped using the pillowcase right away but the lesions are still spreading. Ugly, but at least they dont itch.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:23 AM

15,145 posts, read 27,795,746 times
Thanks TFW - bummer but the way they played there was no way to win (late hubby's Packers lost too....)

I've been thinking about you all - just trying to now get the house together, that'll be a never-ending project - starting Feb. 6 I can park in my driveway!! Yay (concrete has to "cure"). I'm trying to go through all the "stuff" packed up to make sure I really want it, etc. - need to have a huge yard sale.

Anyway, it's a rainy, windy and gloomy day here - fighting the urge to crawl back into bed. Hoping to get more done today.

Take care all and I'll try to be better about catching up w/you all - I've been hitting the sack early.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:25 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,330,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
LOL. Either that or she's too ornery for cancer.

I did a stupid thing last week. I bought a new silk pillowcase -- made in China (of course) but supposedly high-quality. The instructions said not to machine wash/dry and I wasnt in the mood the hand-wash and hand-dry at the time so I just used it without washing it first. (Yes, I know -- ugh)

After 2 nights, my face started breaking out in lesions all over. Then it spread to my neck and hands. On my hands they look like ant bites. I stopped using the pillowcase right away but the lesions are still spreading. Ugly, but at least they dont itch.

Yikes, TFW! Got any aloe around the house? Maybe in one of those beautiful pots of yours?
I hope these lesions clear up PDQ. If not, I will drive down there and take you to the doctor if you won't go on your own. Then we can go out and partEE at the dog park with Lulu.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:55 PM

You're so sweet, Ketabcha. My daughter suggested aloe too but I just cant bring myself to use it. I've been cleaning my face with rubbing alcohol for the past 40 years and am depending on rubbing alcohol to get me through this too. I think I may be through the worst of it. The lesions appear to have stopped spreading and the rubbing alcohol has stopped burning. I have a dermatologist and, if it doesnt get better in a week, I'll make an appointment with him.

Old 01-26-2017, 05:04 PM

15,145 posts, read 27,795,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Try doing it all yourself Flamingo!!

Hubby and I built our home, stick by stick, nail by nail while living in it, with a one year old, as soon as we had the walls up and the roof on.Lol. Talk about a mess.

It will be over soon and you'll love how it turns out. I hope.

Glad your foots doing better!!!!
I apologize for not responding to this sooner - I did read it but was "out of it" LOL - I can't imagine what you went through. It just seemed like lots of things happening at once: too many people I knew passed away within a short period of time (one being my closest friend in this area), the foot surgery, all the screw ups w/the work being/not being done, insurance changing, health issues, a food chain trying to open a place w/a drive-thru open until 3 AM! at the entrance to our nice quiet neighborhood, health issues.... ACK.... When it rains it sure pours!! I'm hoping for Ed McMahon to rise from the dead and give me Publisher's Clearinghouse award - LMAO

I don't think it needs to be said that I will NOT recommend this contractor EVER - They still have a couple things to address, one being in the Spring the deck and porch need stained and the screening needs to be installed on the porch. Hoping that my foot will get better (it's not liking the cold and/or rain at all) - from what I've read and been told by the Dr. - it really takes 6 mos. to a yr. - Yikes!! I wasn't told that part and I'm not a patient person (like that's a big surprise).

Anyway - hoping all is well w/everyone and that 2017 won't be as scary as I'm afraid it will be.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:04 PM

I didnt have the same foot surgery that you did, Flamingo -- I had all the joints in my mid-foot (5 of them) fused -- but I was non-weight-bearing for almost 6 months. I was very obedient and didnt touch that foot to the floor even once -- such a boring 6 months, as I had bought a wheelchair to get around the house and couldnt go outside onto the patio or even to the mailbox at the curb because of the steps. I'm not patient either but it was necessary for complete healing. And I pray for complete healing for you too.

So sorry that the contractor has been a disappointment. From what I've seen, it's very difficult to find a good one at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff