Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 08:11 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,037,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Wow, Camper! I googled it and, OMG, it's beautiful! Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Z6YJzomUg
Thanks everyone!! We love it but it is crazy big! Still just 35 foot ( which is what we now have) . Really is meant to be lived in or for long time travel. Got lots of years ahead of us before that can happen. . It's one of those deals that just falls into your lap and you have to take it. It only has 19,000 miles on it to boot!! Ours has the dark wood plus the booth instead of the table and chaor. Also not the leather couch. I much prefer the cloth. Softer I think.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:54 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,477,599 times
Thinking of Flamingo and hoping all went well with her surgery today.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Thinking of Flamingo and hoping all went well with her surgery today.
Yeah, me too.

Old 11-10-2016, 01:10 PM

15,154 posts, read 27,850,526 times
Hi all, a quick check-in When I first got home yesterday, I felt fine (prob. still had the nerve block, anesthesia and percocet in me) - after a couple hrs. though, yi yi yi.. pain, bleeding through all the bandaging.. I slept alot, lost my balance or got dizzy on the crutches and had to catch myself w/my foot - ouchie. Now I'm wheeling myself around on my rolling office chair which is wearing me out because the carpet is so thick so I doesn't exactly roll... I called neighbors this morning to ask them to help w/a couple things here: get down my peanut butter, granola bars, tea bags, cereal bowls, etc. - some of those I stand on tiptoe to reach anyway so out of limits when sitting, LOL - he also refilled some ice cube trays for me.

I slept a good bit this afternoon too and thinking/hoping that my foot isn't hurting quite so bad. Maybe the first 24 hrs. or so is the hardest.

Appreciate you all thinking of me, I'll check in again at some point. Hope you all are well and congrats on the trailer/camper

Old 11-10-2016, 01:26 PM

Thanks SO much for the update, Flamingo! I bought one of those long grabbers before my foot surgery -- wish I had thought about telling you about them. I still use mine to get stuff off the top shelves.

Please keep us updated as often as you can.

Old 11-11-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Hi all, a quick check-in When I first got home yesterday, I felt fine (prob. still had the nerve block, anesthesia and percocet in me) - after a couple hrs. though, yi yi yi.. pain, bleeding through all the bandaging.. I slept alot, lost my balance or got dizzy on the crutches and had to catch myself w/my foot - ouchie. Now I'm wheeling myself around on my rolling office chair which is wearing me out because the carpet is so thick so I doesn't exactly roll... I called neighbors this morning to ask them to help w/a couple things here: get down my peanut butter, granola bars, tea bags, cereal bowls, etc. - some of those I stand on tiptoe to reach anyway so out of limits when sitting, LOL - he also refilled some ice cube trays for me.

I slept a good bit this afternoon too and thinking/hoping that my foot isn't hurting quite so bad. Maybe the first 24 hrs. or so is the hardest.

Appreciate you all thinking of me, I'll check in again at some point. Hope you all are well and congrats on the trailer/camper
Hey!!! Since you post is over 2 hours old I am hoping this finds you much better!!

I'm 5'8' and still use those grabby tools!!

Old 11-11-2016, 03:15 PM

- I'm 5' if I stand up really straight (I posted that yesterday Camper). Doing better today, haven't taken a pain pill since 11:30 a.m. - for some reason it started hurting and throbbing last night again, maybe things get worse at night? I'll probably take a pill again tonight (although "night" is relative as I've been asleep pretty early). I bought a carry-out pizza Tues. for dinner thinking I'd be able to have something easy to heat up, except I stupidly put the leftover in the fridge in the basement, LOL. I have w/in reach: bread, peanut butter and jelly, cereal and a couple cans of soup (and of course snacks - I eat a ton of junk food early in the day) - debating what I want for dinner, maybe a pb&j.

I managed to wash myself today (how I'd love a shower or a bath) in the bathroom sink and washed my hair at the kitchen sink. Foot still hurts to hang down so I'm still using my rolling (kind of) chair - great upper body exercise

Old 11-11-2016, 03:27 PM

Thanks for another update, Flamingo. Be sure to keep that foot elevated when you lie down. And I lost a lot of weight after my foot-fusion surgery because of the limited amount of food to which I had access.

Old 11-12-2016, 08:02 AM

LOL, an "enforced diet plan" - hoping that doesn't happen although if muscles would magically tone I'd be happy, I have to buy girls' clothes now and it's hard enough finding w/o glitter, sequins, etc.

I thought I was on the upswing but boy was I in pain last night and throughout the night. The hospital called @ 8:30 to check on me, see if I had questions, etc. - she told me I could take another pain pill if one wasn't cutting it. I had taken one @ 6:30 and still nothing at 8:30 so I did take another - woke then at midnight in pain and took another that lasted and let me sleep a bit until 6 or so this morning. She also apologized that nobody had me practice walking w/the crutches and that they were supposed to have given me a booklet on the use of them. I tried them a little this morning and did better.

I decided to try to scoot down the basement steps on my rear and get some more cans of soup (I keep a grocery store down there, LOL) - it wasn't too bad but getting back up the steps was some work and then getting upright from being on the floor was tricky.

Appreciate you thinking of me.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:58 AM

OMG, it's not safe for you to be scooting down, and back up, the stairs, Flamingo. Please ask your friend to get the soup cans, and whatever else you need, from the basement.

I so wish you had a wheelchair instead of crutches. I tried crutches ahead of my surgery but just couldnt get used to them. There are places that rent out wheelchairs and other medical equipment. I bought a wheelchair pretty cheap from Amazon because I know that I'll need the foot fusion surgery on my other foot. (In fact, I should have had it done after Queenie died but I was so distraught that I couldnt think straight back then -- and then I got Lulu only five weeks later.)

What pain pills are you taking? And maybe you've already answered this question, although I looked back and didnt see it addressed, but is your friend getting your mail regularly?

I'm still praying and sending positive vibes to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff