Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2020, 12:43 PM

451 posts, read 320,077 times

Advertisements

Seems like there is a change in the rules for reporting of deaths. However, it is not reflecting in the graph below for Fatality trend, since the numbers in the graph below seem to be showing less than 50 new deaths per day for last 7 days. Well, we will see if the data used for the graph is corrected in the next few days.
https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/...01e8b9cafc8b83

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
From what I can tell, corrections have already been done (so 300+ numbers do apply for the last two days). The above mentioned 675 was briefly listed for July 27 or worldometers but then it was changed to much lower (so they distributed into the cumulative total).

Old 08-02-2020, 06:44 AM

6,345 posts, read 8,116,258 times
State Rep Tony Tinderholt, 49-year old Arlington Republican, was hospitalized for COVID-19, last week. He is doing much better.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07...s-coronavirus/
Quote:
State Rep. Tony Tinderholt was hospitalized last week after testing positive for the novel coronavirus, the lawmaker confirmed Friday to The Texas Tribune, marking the first known case involving a member of the Texas Legislature.

"I truly thought last Friday was gonna be my last," Tinderholt, an Arlington Republican, said in a text message to the Tribune. Tinderholt said his wife and two of his children also tested positive for the virus, though their symptoms were less severe.

Tinderholt said he is recovering after receiving medical treatment from a North Texas doctor. He said he spent several hours in the hospital and received an IV and medication there. He and his family wore masks every time they went out in public because they felt it was the right thing to do, he said.

Last edited by move4ward; 08-02-2020 at 06:57 AM..

Old 08-02-2020, 07:55 AM

121 posts, read 81,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter5457 View Post
It's not just the government. Korea still has a sense of corporal punishment. Not too long ago if kids did something disrespectful in public there would be people lining up to slap em upside the head. And those teachers in public schools were very good at discipline too. If your kids were troublemakers you better have some envelopes ready or else.

Probably not anywhere like that anymore. Korea been americanized now. Just look at kpop, soft.
So you are saying because Korean's don't hit their kids they are soft and Americanized now? There would actually be a line of people taking turns hitting the kids lol? How is this anyway related to Covid19?

My takeaway from EDS's post is that American's don't listen to their government and Korean's do...

Old 08-02-2020, 09:22 AM

468 posts, read 475,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjyum View Post
So you are saying because Korean's don't hit their kids they are soft and Americanized now? There would actually be a line of people taking turns hitting the kids lol? How is this anyway related to Covid19?

My takeaway from EDS's post is that American's don't listen to their government and Korean's do...
I don't think korean govt had mask mandate for koreans to voluntarily start wearing masks everywhere. Maybe recently they issued one for riding public transit . Koreans do listen to authority but are more concerned about family and social network.

During the 80's it was every college student right of passage to "Demo". Protesting every day instead of go to class, complete with molotovs and tear gas, etc. They had their BLM moment against the govt too. Discrimination and brutal crackdown against the poor southern province people.

mod cut

Last edited by Acntx; 08-02-2020 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: inappropriate/unnecessary

Old 08-06-2020, 06:06 AM

46-year-old Texas school superintendent passed away from COVID-19. According to the Meal Train, he had been in ICU since July 20th for COVID-19.

Article on his death
https://www.kwtx.com/2020/08/05/texa...covid-19-dies/

Meal Train for Dr. David Freeman Family
https://www.mealtrain.com/trains/4l7qg7/updates/494dl2
Quote:
We will love him always ❤️
Posted 08/05/2020 by Lori Cowan

Dear Friends, Family, Colleagues, Classmates, Teammates, Students, and Players....

David left this earth today at 5:57am.

He leaves behind a beautiful wife and children, and a big family who loves him dearly.

On behalf of all of us, I express our sincere gratitude for your outpouring of prayers and love.

I know David is loved by many and I pray for all of your comfort. We have all lost someone so precious.

Love, Sister ❤️

Old 08-06-2020, 11:09 AM

121 posts, read 81,746 times
1,673 new cases in Tarrant County which breaks every north Texas record according to this article. The article does mention delayed results from the lab but still a really high number.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/tarran...h-texas-record

Old 08-06-2020, 09:07 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,067,374 times
We are still on the mailing list for KISD. I thought this latest development was really weird:

Parents can choose to have their child distance learn, yet still attend an athletic class or fine arts class in person.. So chemistry class, no need to be there...but for soccer or drawing or band, you can show up in person.

Seems to me, if it’s bad enough to preclude your kid going in person for math or science, it’s bad enough to preclude your kid from going for art or athletics.

This makes absolutely no sense.

Old 08-06-2020, 10:07 PM

2,511 posts, read 2,212,817 times
My son is in band and I don't exactly feel very comfortable with him playing his clarinet in band class.

Old 08-07-2020, 09:24 AM

36 posts, read 73,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter5457 View Post
It's not just the government. Korea still has a sense of corporal punishment. Not too long ago if kids did something disrespectful in public there would be people lining up to slap em upside the head. And those teachers in public schools were very good at discipline too. If your kids were troublemakers you better have some envelopes ready or else.

Probably not anywhere like that anymore. Korea been americanized now. Just look at kpop, soft.
My Dad says otherwise and he didn't get this memo.

I went to go see my Dad and he "slapped me upside the head" when I told him I can't wait till cousin Rona goes away so that I can start licking striper poles again. Mind you, I am a forty five year old man and he's still trying to set me straight.

Old 08-07-2020, 06:06 PM

Hundreds of people showed up at a vigil for the Rockwall School Resource officer that passed away from COVID-19. He was admitted to the hospital on July 11. He passed away on August 3rd. He leaves behind a wife and two sons.

He did not catch the virus at the school, but at a family gathering.

Love And Respect Shared At Vigil For Popular Rockwall School Resource Officer Tracy Gaines
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/he...3-4ebe70de04cc
Quote:
Officer Tracy Gaines’ youngest son, 13-year-old Greyson, spoke at his dad’s candlelight vigil Thursday night.

“Not just a man, a role model, a friend, a father, a hero,” said Greyson.

Officer Gaines was hired as a Rockwall Police Officer in September of 2005 and most recently served as a School Resource Officer at Rockwall High School.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas