Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2020, 10:07 AM

3,835 posts, read 4,440,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Thank you serger. Kiddo is on the treadmill right now and feeling pretty good....she's semi-quarantined in our house actually she took over my man-cave.
So glad to hear she's doing better. My younger brother thinks he probably got it back in March. Sickest he ever felt in his life. But since he hadnt been to China he was turned away for testing so we'll never know. He's better now and I know your kid will bounce back as well.

Old 07-30-2020, 10:57 AM

19,777 posts, read 18,069,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
So glad to hear she's doing better. My younger brother thinks he probably got it back in March. Sickest he ever felt in his life. But since he hadnt been to China he was turned away for testing so we'll never know. He's better now and I know your kid will bounce back as well.
As someone noted above symptoms from person to person are so variable. My brother has a good friend in NJ. This guy thought he had the flu as in he was pretty sick for about 5 days. He got better and then cratered to the point he was about to go to the ER and then it just passed. He's felt fine since and only found out for sure he had CV-19 after an antibody test weeks later.

If your brother is the blood donating type the can get an antibody test as part of the deal. My daughter's medical school is already leaning on her to become a plasma donor for convalescent plasma therapies.

I'm glad your brother is better now.

Old 07-30-2020, 11:09 AM

Related to another post and CV-19.

If you are in a blood donating cadre and want to do something that will help.........contact Carter Blood Care.

1. Those who haven't had CV-19 can give blood.

2. Those who have had CV-19 are especially needed. Local docs. and hospitals need CV-19 survivor's blood plasma for convalescent therapies.

Right now we are bringing in plasma from New York and other places.

Related info. on the front page.

https://www.carterbloodcare.org/

Old 07-30-2020, 11:46 AM

227 posts, read 223,049 times
A friend of mine in NY city was recently diagnosed with some heart inflammation issues. He had been inside since the lockdown. Upon checking they said it was due to some infection which had happened roughly about 6-7 months back. Back in November , he had a real bout of flu and was real sick and had to take some antibiotics. Now he is thinking that it might have been covid ...who knows how long it has been there....

Even after 6 months , since the Chinese told the world, it has not been determined accurately how this all started...

Bat eating.... Crazy Lab experiments... or something shipped form abroad...

Old 07-30-2020, 01:42 PM

451 posts, read 320,147 times
Understood. However, I expected the death numbers to spike along with a corresponding spike in hospitalizations. Hospitalizations went high as 74% this month, but kept below 70% for the past 1 week, it reached 66% yesterday. Generally, the spikes in deaths have been associated with hospitals reaching capacity. It is not the case with Dallas county. Hence it is puzzling. The only explanation is that the deaths are not being reported real-time and may be being reported inconsistently, that is, in some cases real time and in some cases not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Deaths lag infections.

Old 07-30-2020, 01:44 PM

It's sad. Hopefully, it does not remain there and comes back down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordata View Post
I seem to remember someone saying we would never have 25 deaths a day in Dallas county.

Old 07-30-2020, 01:47 PM

Do they do the virus test and the anti-body test? Wouldn't we first need to get tested, wait for results, and then dontate blood?

Quote:
Related to another post and CV-19.

If you are in a blood donating cadre and want to do something that will help.........contact Carter Blood Care.

1. Those who haven't had CV-19 can give blood.

2. Those who have had CV-19 are especially needed. Local docs. and hospitals need CV-19 survivor's blood plasma for convalescent therapies.

Right now we are bringing in plasma from New York and other places.

Related info. on the front page.

https://www.carterbloodcare.org/

Old 07-30-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDContribuitor View Post
Do they do the virus test and the anti-body test? Wouldn't we first need to get tested, wait for results, and then dontate blood?
I think but won't know until next week that there is a screening process....temp check, questionnaire etc. to give blood.

Also, I just read that there is no free antibody test response for donated plasma only blood.

All blood products donated are then screen per FDA, and probably other, guidelines.

Old 07-30-2020, 02:49 PM

8,134 posts, read 3,669,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDContribuitor View Post
Understood. However, I expected the death numbers to spike along with a corresponding spike in hospitalizations. Hospitalizations went high as 74% this month, but kept below 70% for the past 1 week, it reached 66% yesterday. Generally, the spikes in deaths have been associated with hospitals reaching capacity. It is not the case with Dallas county. Hence it is puzzling. The only explanation is that the deaths are not being reported real-time and may be being reported inconsistently, that is, in some cases real time and in some cases not?
Well, spikes can occur due to inconsistent reporting so it's better to look at the 7-day running average. That has been on increase pretty much constantly in the last 4 weeks or so (just a couple of tiny decreases in this time period).
And again, deaths lag hospitalizations too.

Sorry, I keep talking about TX counts as a whole.

Old 07-30-2020, 04:18 PM

468 posts, read 475,447 times
Quote:
Staying with South Korea it's not only that Koreans trust and follow their government's advice but that to a degree unthinkable in The US they simply must. Korean authorities have, in the short term anyway, near unbridled power to arrest, quarantine, "house arrest" and hospitalize anyone sick or suspected of being sick. Further, they have exceptional contact tracing powers. As with Taiwan mentioned up thread comparing The US to other countries is difficult.
It's not just the government. Korea still has a sense of corporal punishment. Not too long ago if kids did something disrespectful in public there would be people lining up to slap em upside the head. And those teachers in public schools were very good at discipline too. If your kids were troublemakers you better have some envelopes ready or else.

Probably not anywhere like that anymore. Korea been americanized now. Just look at kpop, soft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas