Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2020, 08:25 AM

6,345 posts, read 8,118,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Agreed and over half of all adults in Sweden live alone, that's the highest number in the EU.
I am confused about all the people pushing through Sweden's model of govt funded universal healthcare and lethal injection for the elderly. They want Medicare for all, including death panels. The were in

Wall Street Journal:
Coronavirus Is Taking a High Toll on Sweden’s Elderly. Families Blame the Government.
Discontent is growing over official triage guidelines critics say too often deny elderly patients vital care
https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronav...nt-11592479430
Quote:
When 81-year-old Jan Andersson fell ill with Covid-19 at a nursing home in the Swedish town of Märsta, a doctor consulted by phone ordered palliative care, including morphine, instead of trying to help him fend off the infection.

Mr. Andersson’s son, Thomas Andersson, says he was told his father was too frail for other treatment. The younger man disagreed and, after arguing with the physician, summoned journalists and insisted his father be given lifesaving care. Mr. Andersson has since recovered.
Sweden is 42nd of all European countries in lowest Coronavirus deaths per 1 million population. Greece and Iceland did great.

Last edited by move4ward; 09-13-2020 at 09:12 AM..

Old 09-13-2020, 10:07 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
I am confused about all the people pushing through Sweden's model of govt funded universal healthcare and lethal injection for the elderly. They want Medicare for all, including death panels. The were in
Wall Street Journal:
Coronavirus Is Taking a High Toll on Sweden’s Elderly. Families Blame the Government.
Discontent is growing over official triage guidelines critics say too often deny elderly patients vital care
https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronav...nt-11592479430
Sweden is 42nd of all European countries in lowest Coronavirus deaths per 1 million population. Greece and Iceland did great.
This isn't the right thread to argue about medicare for all. I have family in Sweden, they were appalled when they found out about the elderly being euthanized and said it has nothing to do with their healthcare which is provided by regional government but offers the option of procuring private healthcare as well.

Old 09-17-2020, 12:05 PM

578 posts, read 478,920 times
Nashville officials concealed low coronavirus numbers coming from bars and restaurants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz8r-05km8w
Quote:
On June 30th, contact tracing was giving a small view of coronavirus clusters. Construction and nursing homes causing problems more than a thousand cases traced to each category, but bars and restaurants reported just 22 cases.
Leslie Waller from the health department asks “This isn’t going to be publicly released, right? Just info for Mayor’s Office?"
“Correct, not for public consumption.” Writes senior advisor Benjamin Eagles. -WZTV
I believe the $10 million contact tracing project in Dallas County has gone radio silent for the same reason.

Old 09-17-2020, 12:37 PM

1,637 posts, read 4,105,295 times
Moderator Note: Please keep the discussion locally-focused.

Old 09-17-2020, 07:10 PM

Good news. The state hit COVID-19 metrics for looser restrictions. Abbott increased capacity to 75% for retail stores, restaurants, and gyms. As long as people don't get careless, we should be back to 100% by the holidays.

Texas bars must remain closed as most restaurants reopen to 75%, Gov. Abbott says
Bars are nationally recognized as COVID-19 spreading locations, the governor said.
https://www.kens5.com/article/news/h...1-2b8b39c76e59
Quote:
AUSTIN, Texas — Most Texas retail stores, restaurants and gyms will soon be able to reopen at 75% capacity, but bars will still need to remain shut, Gov. Greg Abbott announced on Sept. 17.

On June 26, bar establishments were ordered to abruptly close due to a rise in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations across Texas.

"Because bars are nationally recognized as coronavirus spreading location, they are not able to open at this time," the governor said.

However, he added he's working on finding ways to get them open.

The first step is to see COVID-19 numbers continue to be contained and then he will work with bars on "effective strategies that will ensure that when they do open, the possibility to spread coronavirus is contained."

Old 09-20-2020, 08:38 AM

The number of new cases is up 5% from 14 days ago. Texas may have hit bottom, at a very high level compared to the states hit in the first wave: NY, NJ, MA, and MI. It does not look like under 1000 cases and 10 deaths is possible this year.

Texas 14-day changehttps://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rus-cases.html

Old 11-15-2020, 01:46 PM

577 posts, read 457,263 times
Is there an updated list of all places where I can get a test which includes the price for said test and how long it takes to get your results back?

Old 11-15-2020, 02:56 PM

588 posts, read 486,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPatel304 View Post
Is there an updated list of all places where I can get a test which includes the price for said test and how long it takes to get your results back?

If you have health insurance then check your insurance provider’s website or call customer service number on your insurance card.

If not then this list may help.

https://www.collincountytx.gov/healt...ng%20Sites.pdf

Wherever you go, call ahead to ask about cost and standard procedure for getting the test so you won’t face any issues.

Old 11-16-2020, 07:13 AM

104 posts, read 61,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPatel304 View Post
If you have insurance more likely you don't have to pay anything your insurance will bill the government under CARES Act Provide Relief Fund.

https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/care...nts/index.html

Check you local Urgent Care, CVS etc. for 15 minutes Rapid Response Testing.

Old 11-16-2020, 07:25 AM

8,338 posts, read 5,492,671 times
Im in Houston but I always had my Covid tests done through Houston Methodist. I did pay a copay each time but it was worth it since they always came back one day later. Im sure the Dallas hospitals may have a similar arrangement.

I got Covid two weeks ago. I got lucky. I was sick for 3 days and then it was over. The only thing left is that I still cant taste anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas