Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2020, 08:58 AM

19,778 posts, read 18,073,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Im in Houston but I always had my Covid tests done through Houston Methodist. I did pay a copay each time but it was worth it since they always came back one day later. Im sure the Dallas hospitals may have a similar arrangement.

I got Covid two weeks ago. I got lucky. I was sick for 3 days and then it was over. The only thing left is that I still cant taste anything.
Good luck in your recovery and I glad you case seems/seemed mild. FWIIW my daughter's sense of taste didn't fully return for several weeks.

Old 11-16-2020, 09:16 AM

8,337 posts, read 5,492,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Good luck in your recovery and I glad you case seems/seemed mild. FWIIW my daughter's sense of taste didn't fully return for several weeks.
My case was very mild. It came very suddenly and disappeared suddenly. I was doing long distance runs within only 5 days of the beginning of symptoms. Was really only sick for 3. I just cant seem to get my taste back.

Old 11-16-2020, 11:42 AM

578 posts, read 478,920 times
15 DAYS TO SLOW THE SPREAD! We are almost there.

Old 11-16-2020, 02:16 PM

588 posts, read 486,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Im in Houston but I always had my Covid tests done through Houston Methodist. I did pay a copay each time but it was worth it since they always came back one day later. Im sure the Dallas hospitals may have a similar arrangement.

I got Covid two weeks ago. I got lucky. I was sick for 3 days and then it was over. The only thing left is that I still cant taste anything.
You are indeed very lucky, wish similar mild outcome to everyone who encounters it but that’s not how it works. This virus has taken too many lives already and disrupted even more. What I don’t get is people’s naive denial for this “hoax” while medical community in every country is struggling to cope with it and begging for people to play safe.

Old 11-16-2020, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Hope20 View Post
You are indeed very lucky, wish similar mild outcome to everyone who encounters it but that’s not how it works. This virus has taken too many lives already and disrupted even more. What I don’t get is people’s naive denial for this “hoax” while medical community in every country is struggling to cope with it and begging for people to play safe.
Its a combo of luck, not having conditions that make you more vulnerable (diabetes, being overweight, having breathing problems, etc.) and taking care of yourself. One frustration Ive had with the way this has been handled is that there is no emphasis on what people can do to keep themselves heathy enough to be able to fight it off. For some factors, like age or factors from birth, there isnt anything. However, other factors (like diet and exercise) should have been encouraged along with masks and social distancing.

Of course this isnt a hoax and of course I got off easy and of course many people have it so much worse, but its not luck alone. Im a long distance runner, I work out, I eat well, and Im not overweight. Does that mean others in my place could have had back luck and it been much worse? Of course, but those things do keep the risk of Covid complications lower.

Old 11-16-2020, 02:24 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:

You're talking about people for whom this is just another item on their list of government conspiracy theories. These are the same people who think the earth is actually flat and the Apollo moon landings never happened.

Old 11-17-2020, 05:20 PM

577 posts, read 457,093 times
Quote:
Why do you consider it to be 'lucky' to have mild symptoms? Aren't the majority of cases mild?

Old 11-17-2020, 07:17 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPatel304 View Post
Why do you consider it to be 'lucky' to have mild symptoms? Aren't the majority of cases mild?

The majority of chambers in a revolver used in Russian Roulette are empty.

Old 11-20-2020, 07:05 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,238,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPatel304 View Post

Uh, because you don't want to be put on a respirator, that's why.

It's been 8 months and I am still not back to my health level I had before I got it. I'm beginning to think I'll never be.

Old 11-20-2020, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
Uh, because you don't want to be put on a respirator, that's why.

It's been 8 months and I am still not back to my health level I had before I got it. I'm beginning to think I'll never be.
Im very sorry to hear that. Were you on a respirator? Covid for me came and went really fast. It was an intense 3 days going from no symptoms to a 102 fever in a few hours, but then it left really fast too. I still cant taste or smell but thats not a big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas