Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2014, 01:41 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,440,025 times

Advertisements

Honestly, I don't even consider Cleveland other than a place that holds the world together. Never been there, have no desire to ever go there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 10:48 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
And of course you also knew that "The Avengers 2012" was shot here, as well as "Draft Day," "Captain America...The Winter Solider"... "Jackass's Bad Grampa" also was partially filmed here. All recent movies. "To Kill An Irish Man" while most of it was shot in Detroit, was also set in Cleveland and based on a true story about Danny Greene the infamous Irish mobster, during a time when the Mafia was in their prime. And... more films to come. It looks as though the new "Ghostbusters 3" will be shot here.

World famous chef Michael Symon also hails from this city.
Never heard of him.

Every city in the country has at least one "world famous chef." Some have two. A few have three.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:23 PM

3,412 posts, read 5,121,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Never heard of him.

Every city in the country has at least one "world famous chef." Some have two. A few have three.
Savannah has Paula Deen. Lucky you (or is it Lucky ya'll?).

Last edited by Cleverfield; 07-14-2014 at 11:35 PM..

Old 07-15-2014, 06:32 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,268,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Not who have had multiple TV shows and currently appears daily on one of the major networks.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:48 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reretarff View Post
As you've probably heard, Cleveland is to host the 2016 RNC Convention. As a Clevelander, I along with all of Northeast Ohio have been sitting on the edge of our seats and have been waiting for the announcement, and were excited when they announced it today. I have always lived in Cleveland and have seen Cleveland's worse times, but today is an example that Cleveland is going to be a great city in the near future.

As of today, Cleveland is a great city as it is. Now, there are some run down areas in Cleveland that no one would want to step foot in. These neighborhoods are run down with abandoned houses and buildings, crime, gangs, guns, violence, and in some areas prostitutes. These areas are in some areas about 4-5 miles east of downtown. Fortunately, there have been extensive projects started by groups such as Cleveland 2019 (A group that is fixing Cleveland to be the best by 2019) along with the city of Cleveland and private investors, that have been fixing up these run down areas by flipping houses and building new houses and opening restaurants. [/b]

The rest of Cleveland is mostly a great place to go. Cleveland is a city that has big neighborhoods within the city limits, and suburb surrounding the city. There are places in Cleveland like South Broadway and Cleveland Heights and Beachwood that attract a lot of people because of how many bars and restaurants there are there. Cleveland also has the world famous Rockefeller Park, which attracts thousands of people each year to it's lush trees and it's amazing cultural gardens.

To get to the point, I was wondering. What do people from other cities think about Cleveland?
Until last night I never realized Cleveland was run down.....
Friend of mine who's live all over the country was telling me that it's comparable to Detroit.
Or at least when he lived there (and yes, he has lived in Detroit as well.)

Old 07-15-2014, 08:56 AM

This thread makes me want to

Old 07-15-2014, 08:58 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Until last night I never realized Cleveland was run down.....
Friend of mine who's live all over the country was telling me that it's comparable to Detroit.
Or at least when he lived there (and yes, he has lived in Detroit as well.)

It depends on what parts. All major cities have their crappy areas that extend into some of their inner-ring suburbs. Downtown Cleveland is actually bustling right now, growing in population and is rather safe. There are also some very nice suburbs surrounding Cleveland.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:20 PM

I'm glad these ignorant people on this thread don't know how great Cleveland is. We don't need them here anyway.

Old 07-15-2014, 04:42 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,967,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reretarff View Post
No it's not. The only place that goes by the cities population is New York. Everywhere else is usually the metro population. What you're saying is like saying that suburbs are a city of their own and are 100% separate from the major city that they surround. You're completely leaping over the metro and combined statistical populations.
Omg....you are dense. I will try to make this as clear to you as possible.

The greater metropolitan population of a city is the best indicator of the city's OVERALL true size. Indianapolis has a population of 830,000 which sets it higher than cities like Boston, Miami, and Atlanta...yet really, that's just the city population because it has over 370 square miles of land. The metro population is a better indicator, because metro Indianapolis is only 1.9 million, where all those other cities are over 4 million in the metro. Do you see what I am getting at now?

The person who said that Fresno is larger than Cleveland is naive. Fresno has a larger city population, but only because Cleveland does not have as much land. Metropolitan Cleveland is MUCH larger than metropolitan Fresno.

Old 07-15-2014, 04:44 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,967,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
I'm glad these ignorant people on this thread don't know how great Cleveland is. We don't need them here anyway.
If it's so great why are people leaving it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events