Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2014, 08:34 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,269,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
I have heard of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and would think that would be the signature attraction for most visitors to the city. It would be nice to combine the R & R Hall of Fame with the NFL Hall of Fame in Canton on a trip some day. They are only an hour apart if I am not mistaken.

Last October, my wife and I went to those two places on consecutive days. We had been to the R&R Hall before, but wanted to see the 50 years of The Rolling Stones exhibit. Very cool. The NFL Hall was great, too. Plenty of mention of the Baltimore Colts, and very cool that the "Road to the SuperBowl" movie was about the Ravens' victory.

I was surprised that there were no blimp-related attractions in Akron, other than just driving by the hangar, although on our way to Cleveland we did see the blimp airborne on its way to its summer base in Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 08:57 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,002,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
Last October, my wife and I went to those two places on consecutive days. We had been to the R&R Hall before, but wanted to see the 50 years of The Rolling Stones exhibit. Very cool. The NFL Hall was great, too. Plenty of mention of the Baltimore Colts, and very cool that the "Road to the SuperBowl" movie was about the Ravens' victory.

I was surprised that there were no blimp-related attractions in Akron, other than just driving by the hangar, although on our way to Cleveland we did see the blimp airborne on its way to its summer base in Florida.

In the summer driving home from work in the evening we used to see the blimp heading toward Cleveland for the Indians games. Seen it for Browns games too.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:06 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,126,785 times
I live in Fort Lauderdale and have been to Cleveland many times throughout my life.

It is a boring white-bread city.

You asked.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:30 AM

779 posts, read 1,012,079 times
I just don't think that anyone ever hears anything about Cleveland. There's no real exposure for the city. Hopefully the RNC will help with that. I just don't know anything about it.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:32 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,902,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reretarff View Post
The young and ambitious are actually moving to Cleveland these days. Businessmen who worked in Manhattan are starting to move to downtown Cleveland and enjoy it a lot better because it costs like 3X less and there isn't as much traffic, but there's more things to do. Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights, University Heights, University Circle, Tremont, Ohio City, Waterloo and North/South Collinwood are starting to attract younger people too.
Key to cities; especially those trying to revitalize rundown areas...avoid areas that include the word Heights.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:37 AM

29,755 posts, read 34,439,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Key to cities; especially those trying to revitalize rundown areas...avoid areas that include the word Heights.
YOu've never seen Shaker Heights, have you? It's about as far from rundown as you can get.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:27 AM

506 posts, read 327,079 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

Old 07-11-2014, 10:32 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,936,225 times
Rejoice Clevelanders rejoice.... Johnny Football is not the biggest sports star anymore.... your boy is BACK!

LeBron James announces return to Cleveland Cavaliers - NBA - SI.com

Old 07-11-2014, 10:34 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,541,405 times
I think of that show, Hot in Cleveland, and then I have to go do something to lower my blood pressure. Maybe someday I'll actually visit and then that problem will end.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:01 AM

8,982 posts, read 21,184,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psurangers11 View Post
Rejoice Clevelanders rejoice.... Johnny Football is not the biggest sports star anymore.... your boy is BACK!

LeBron James announces return to Cleveland Cavaliers - NBA - SI.com
YES! Congratulations to Cleveland and Northeast Ohio! This Sixers fan will have more of an incentive to dislike playing you but I'm glad that LeBron did the right thing this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events