Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2012, 06:15 AM

11,298 posts, read 18,892,517 times

Advertisements

Based on the map this morning, I'm pretty sure the "snowless streak" in Bridgeport ended today. Though technically not the scope of this forum, not as sure about Central Park, though a much smaller band was right next to it on the map.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 06:33 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Based on the map this morning, I'm pretty sure the "snowless streak" in Bridgeport ended today. Though technically not the scope of this forum, not as sure about Central Park, though a much smaller band was right next to it on the map.
How things change...last year at this time you guys were measuring in feet. Now you are trying to figure out if a trace fell somewhere.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:49 AM

83,520 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
How things change...last year at this time you guys were measuring in feet. Now you are trying to figure out if a trace fell somewhere.
ROFLMAO. I know right... We're trying to find traces of flurries instead of feet of snow. lol Crazy flip.

Apparently it's lightly snowing in Hartford. dbz showing around 18 there at the time so I assume the strong 35dbz radar return this morning in Trumbull was heavy snow for a couple minutes.

Here's Hartford observations and the radar. National Weather Service : Observed Weather for past 3 Days : Windsor Locks, Bradley International Airport

Old 01-03-2012, 06:57 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,902,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Can anyone confirm anything reaching the ground? It would help better understand radar returns.
We had flurries with a trace of snow left on the ground in upper FFC this morning, but it has already melted.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:21 AM

754 posts, read 1,018,155 times
Cambium... anything coming up?? Im seriously questioning wether we get snow this year!

Old 01-03-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
We had flurries with a trace of snow left on the ground in upper FFC this morning, but it has already melted.
Thanks! I noticed some specs of snow on the median of the Merrit near Easton(probably from that Burst this morning)but nothing was accumulated anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixum View Post
Cambium... anything coming up?? Im seriously questioning wether we get snow this year!
Notice my new Status under my user name. LOL
The Pattern is slowly changing and I do believe we'll see snow this month. NAO finally going to go negative which increases chances.

Looking at around the 9th and 13th right now. Anything before that would be flurries, drizzle or very light stuff if anything.

After having the wettest or 2nd wettest year on record the amount of moisture that fell over us had to stop for a while. Patterns dont last that long. So we been in an average period Since October.

I'm guessing we go into a below average for temps and below average for precip until March now. But keep in mind an inch liquid is considered below average for a month and that would equate to a foot of snow. So it can still happen with my thinking of below average precip. I feel it more for end of January.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:18 PM

Default Wind Chill Advisory 1-3-12

Wind Chill Advisory For Litchfield County. Tomm morning will be the peak of this blast but will stay coold Wednesday too.

Quote:
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ALBANY HAS ISSUED A WIND CHILL
ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 9 AM EST
WEDNESDAY.

* LOCATIONS...EASTERN CATSKILLS...BERKSHIRES AND NORTHERN
LITCHFIELD HILLS.

* HAZARD TYPES...WIND CHILL PRODUCED BY THE COMBINATION OF WIND AND VERY COLD TEMPERATURES.

* WIND CHILL READINGS...RANGING BETWEEN 15 AND 24 BELOW ZERO.

* TIMING...DANGEROUS WIND CHILL READINGS WILL COMMENCE THIS
EVENING AND CONTINUE THROUGH EARLY WEDNESDAY MORNING.

* IMPACTS...DANGER TO EXPOSED FLESH.

* WINDS...NORTHWEST 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:10 PM

11,298 posts, read 18,892,517 times
Cambium, take down your status, Bridgeport reported a trace (none of the other official NWS stations in the tri-state area did though), LOL!

Old 01-03-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Cambium, take down your status, Bridgeport reported a trace (none of the other official NWS stations in the tri-state area did though), LOL!
LOL!! Holy smokes they did! I guess that burst did it. Well thats no fun. lol
National Weather Service Text Product Display

Side note: If anyone is interested in how impressive this cold air is I started a thread on it in the weather forum since it deals with outside CT. https://www.city-data.com/forum/weath...ry-2012-a.html

Old 01-04-2012, 05:37 AM

Current Temps for the state. Winds died down otherwise it would have been worse. Warm up coming after today. Friday-Saturday back to 40s. Another Arctic blast mid month. 2 storms to watch (9th and 13th)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut