Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 09:13 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,863 times

Advertisements

Well I wasn't able to find an official Notre Dame team thread so I decided to start it. Congrats on the team for a huge victory over the Canes. 41-3! Golson looked great, and our running game is borderline unstoppable. We haven't trailed all season, we haven't given up a running touchdown, we haven't given up a touchdown in 3 games, and we've only allowed opponents in our red zone 12 times so far. It's starting to look like Notre Dame is back!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 09:33 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,872,773 times
Beating Miami is hardly something to brag about. It is like beating up a kid in a wheelchair.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:42 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,799,060 times
Notre Dame has not won a legitimate bowl game since 1994. They were blown out by Oregon State and LSU in 2 of their 3 BCS bowl game appearances. Ohio State outplayed them by a good margin in the other loss.

The team looks good, but until they win a good bowl game, then you could say they are back. They still have big road games against Oklahoma and USC to come.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Notre Dame has not won a legitimate bowl game since 1994. They were blown out by Oregon State and LSU in 2 of their 3 BCS bowl game appearances. Ohio State outplayed them by a good margin in the other loss.

The team looks good, but until they win a good bowl game, then you could say they are back. They still have big road games against Oklahoma and USC to come.
Quote:
It's starting to look like Notre Dame is back!

Old 10-06-2012, 09:56 PM

Also our defense only gives up an average of 7.6 points a game which is only slightly above Alabama which gives up 7.0. I mean I know Miami's not very good but they were 4-1 and averaging almost 36 points a game. We rolled up almost 600 yards of offense, we doubled them in TOP, and only allowed them to get 13 first downs. Like I said, it's begging to look like we're back but if we fall apart towards the end of the year it won't matter. But right now I think Irish eyes are smiling.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:34 PM

56 posts, read 125,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Also our defense only gives up an average of 7.6 points a game which is only slightly above Alabama which gives up 7.0. I mean I know Miami's not very good but they were 4-1 and averaging almost 36 points a game. We rolled up almost 600 yards of offense, we doubled them in TOP, and only allowed them to get 13 first downs. Like I said, it's begging to look like we're back but if we fall apart towards the end of the year it won't matter. But right now I think Irish eyes are smiling.
I don't know why Irish eyes would be smiling over yet another illegitimate win, which more than likely will result in a forfeit at the end of the season, unless Notre Dame manages to pay off the NCAA again.

Let's face it, Miami should have easily beat Notre Dame, but yet again, for some reason the officials did not see any of the numerous penalties committed by Notre Dame. It is quite obvious that crooked Notre Dame pays the officials to allow them to get away with murder. A Notre Dame player could walk onto the field with a handgun and kill a Miami player with it and the referees would penalize Miami for being in the way of the bullet.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicemiller View Post
I don't know why Irish eyes would be smiling over yet another illegitimate win, which more than likely will result in a forfeit at the end of the season, unless Notre Dame manages to pay off the NCAA again.

Let's face it, Miami should have easily beat Notre Dame, but yet again, for some reason the officials did not see any of the numerous penalties committed by Notre Dame. It is quite obvious that crooked Notre Dame pays the officials to allow them to get away with murder. A Notre Dame player could walk onto the field with a handgun and kill a Miami player with it and the referees would penalize Miami for being in the way of the bullet.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:17 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,265,730 times
Wow. Create a Notre Dame thread and all that show up are haters.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Wow. Create a Notre Dame thread and all that show up are haters.
I know. I'm not even sure what drives some of these people to hate ND so much. They must be bitter about some time we smoked their team two decades ago or something. Or they're fans of Michigan, Miami, Michigan St., or Purdue.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:30 AM

That's for all the haters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football