Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 07:40 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,575,206 times

Advertisements

I think it is. They have very high academic standards and strict rules. Not to mention they are located in South Bend, Indiana. It isn't exactly Ann Arbor. Does anyone else believe Notre Dame is forever going to be an also-ran due to the fact that your average recruit doesn't want to have to abide by so many rules? Let's be honest. We know many college football programs let their kids get away with taking "History of Nipplegate; How Justin Timberlake Affected the Media" and "Algebra for Toddlers". Notre Dame doesn't. Oh, and it snows 4 feet a week in the winter. Hmm, sunny Miami or Indiana....Any other thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 10:00 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,643,285 times
They haven't won a bowl game since January 1993, so, if this is "the end," it has been going on for a long time.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:36 AM

1,251 posts, read 2,578,868 times
IF ND wants to survive they need to join a conference

Old 10-18-2007, 09:17 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,421,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I think it is. They have very high academic standards and strict rules. Not to mention they are located in South Bend, Indiana. It isn't exactly Ann Arbor. Does anyone else believe Notre Dame is forever going to be an also-ran due to the fact that your average recruit doesn't want to have to abide by so many rules? Let's be honest. We know many college football programs let their kids get away with taking "History of Nipplegate; How Justin Timberlake Affected the Media" and "Algebra for Toddlers". Notre Dame doesn't. Oh, and it snows 4 feet a week in the winter. Hmm, sunny Miami or Indiana....Any other thoughts?
WTF?!?

Go to sunny Miami, soak up the humidity and hurricanes, and party it up with the brain-dead masses at the nasty Spring Break parties. Oh, and good luck communicating with Miami's masses who dont know and refuse to speak English, all the while sheltering yourself from Miami's massive crime rate.

And since when does it snow 4 ft a week in winter? Its not the top of the Rockies, duuuude. Thats the biggest overexaggeration Ive heard in a long time.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:38 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,575,206 times
Steve-o, my point exactly. If you were some poor inner-city kid what would you rather do. Go to Notre Dame and take hard classes or go to Miami and party it up with the brain dead masses?

Old 10-18-2007, 11:19 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,421,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Steve-o, my point exactly. If you were some poor inner-city kid what would you rather do. Go to Notre Dame and take hard classes or go to Miami and party it up with the brain dead masses?
I apologize. I thought you wrote that from a 1st person POV.

In that case, I couldnt agree with you more. You and I think alike.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:20 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,145,078 times
One I don't think it's the end, but the era of independent colleges is done and they do need to join a conference. I also think (and this is complete fantasy) that the NCAA and colleges needs to get their act together. Enough of the fake classes and cover ups etc etc. These students get an incredible opportunity and it's not taken seriously and adding to the insanity, colleges want top programs NOW. It is absolutely insulting to see what some coaches make

Old 10-18-2007, 03:56 PM

468 posts, read 1,637,891 times
absolutely not...

They have a huge tradition for football in West Bend. They will consistently recruit the top players in the nation until we all die, just because of the great reputation the school has. They will join a conference soon, and become dominant again. Yes, the academics are tough, but the university has always had a penchant for putting out an outstanding football team on the field. This was just a real unfortunate year for Charlie Weis. The whole Demitrius Jones transfer saga was ridiculous, leading him to start Claussen. Even though he was the #1 rated QB in the nation coming out of high school, I don't think people realized he played in Division 4 in the CIF...he wasn't playing against the likes of De La Salle, Long Beach Poly/Wilson, Helix or the other elite California schools. His inexperience is showing, but he has huge potential as a QB for the domers.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:55 AM

2,356 posts, read 3,480,435 times
I can't stand Notre Dame. However, they will be back, one day. They have too much money to suck this badly forever.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:27 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,643,285 times
Wow, they just lost 38-0 at home. They may as well not even field a team. They simply don't have an offense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football