Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 09:44 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,617,045 times

Advertisements

With this schedule, Notre Dame football could possibly win 9 games. If they do win 9, and they continue with their annual 30 plus point blowout to USC, should they qualify for a BCS game?

Sept. 5 NEVADA
Sept. 12 at Michigan
Sept. 19 MICHIGAN STATE
Sept. 26 at Purdue
Oct. 3 WASHINGTON
Oct. 10 Open Date
Oct. 17 USC
Oct. 24 BOSTON COLLEGE
Oct. 31 vs. Washington State (at San Antonio, Texas)
Nov. 7 NAVY
Nov. 14 at Pittsburgh
Nov. 21 CONNECTICUT
Nov. 28 at Stanford
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 10:00 AM

8,804 posts, read 10,247,883 times
No, but I doubt they'll win nine games this year anyway.
What's with them playing Wash. St. in San Antonio?

Old 04-20-2009, 10:13 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,228,371 times
not a chance they make a BCS game - they will make it to a bowl game though - I see them winning 7-8 games, most of them in not so impressive fashion against a schedule full of cupcakes

Old 04-20-2009, 10:18 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,617,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
No, but I doubt they'll win nine games this year anyway.
What's with them playing Wash. St. in San Antonio?

For recruiting purposes, they want to "showcase their program" aound the country where they plan to try to recruit. I guess they want to recruit heavily in Texas. They will they will plan on doing this more often around the country.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:42 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,292,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
For recruiting purposes, they want to "showcase their program" aound the country where they plan to try to recruit. I guess they want to recruit heavily in Texas. They will they will plan on doing this more often around the country.

UGH, everyone wants Texas guys, I can't imagine if we were able to keep more of our guys at UT.

As far Notre Dame I don't know much about some of the teams and how much talent they have this year. Like Boston College, Michigan St or Pitt. I think they should beat Nevada, Wash, Wash St., Navy and Stanford. Im sure as you said in the OP they will get whooped by USC again so thats a loss.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:01 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,845,143 times
haha, please. what does that say about the state of florida? they are the state winning all the championships! schools like notre dame have to go out of state to recruit. texas, cali, and florida are hot spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
UGH, everyone wants Texas guys, I can't imagine if we were able to keep more of our guys at UT.

As far Notre Dame I don't know much about some of the teams and how much talent they have this year. Like Boston College, Michigan St or Pitt. I think they should beat Nevada, Wash, Wash St., Navy and Stanford. Im sure as you said in the OP they will get whooped by USC again so thats a loss.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:14 PM

137 posts, read 294,815 times
Notre Dame went 7-6 last year - including the bowl win. They're not even worthy of BCS talk.

Matter of fact, you said it yourself Just One of the Guys...a 30 pt blowout loss to USC. That would be their BCS experience.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:38 PM

8,981 posts, read 17,297,321 times
If Notre Dame is 10-2 at the end of the season, with a 52-14 loss to USC and a 31-21 loss to Pitt; they WILL get a BCS berth.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:26 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,292,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
haha, please. what does that say about the state of florida? they are the state winning all the championships! schools like notre dame have to go out of state to recruit. texas, cali, and florida are hot spots.

I wasn't bad mouthing other states, I'm just saying Texas has a ton of talent in it and if we kept more players in state to go to Texas we'd be pretty dang good. Look at some of the QB's who are from Texas. Colt McCoy, Chase Daniel, Matt Staford, Todd Reesing, Graham Harrell.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:07 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,460,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I wasn't bad mouthing other states, I'm just saying Texas has a ton of talent in it and if we kept more players in state to go to Texas we'd be pretty dang good. Look at some of the QB's who are from Texas. Colt McCoy, Chase Daniel, Matt Staford, Todd Reesing, Graham Harrell.
Doesn't UT's football team have something like 95% of their players from Texas? UT couldn't keep all the talent anyways. With the scholarships down to 85, highly rated Texas talent have to look elsewhere. The days of Texas, USC, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Bama, Oklahoma, etc. stocking up on blue chips 3 deep ended in 1978. Since then, scholarships have continued to be reduced. I think it has been great for the game. Heck, back in the 70s, the Floridas and FSUs where just "wee youngins" in the powerhouse program family. That sure has changed, huh?

But we sure have some high school talent here in Texas. There is a running back named Lache Seastrunk from Temple, TX that is highly rated and I would love to see him end up at Oregon, but to "out recruit" UT (as well as LSU, UF, USC, Oklahoma, Miami, Nebraska...)would be difficult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football