Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 05:33 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,993,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
Yeah buddy! Notre Dame whooped Stanford....we really need to keep Rees at QB if we want to win against Oklahoma and USC...
I disagree. We have a good system now. Golson is the future at Notre Dame so starting and playing in these big prime time games is the only way he's going to get better and be able to learn. I realize we're kind of in a catch-22 because we're still building and developing young talent for the future, but we're also trying to make a run at the NCG. I'd continue to start Golson...he just brings so much potential to the table. Part of his struggles can be attributed to the coaching staff not calling plays to suit his strengths. For example, against an aggressive defense like Stanford, why not call a few draws and/or screen plays to mitigate that a bit? Golson, like RGIII, will have to learn to run out of bounds, slide, and throw the ball away quicker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 10:10 AM

1,403 posts, read 940,423 times
I see what you mean about Rees he was just mediocre yesterday we won but we do need both QB's to play to win these games...we better bring a better game if we are to beat Oklahoma.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
I see what you mean about Rees he was just mediocre yesterday we won but we do need both QB's to play to win these games...we better bring a better game if we are to beat Oklahoma.
Rees is decent in short spells and he's a good back up. But playing multiple quarters is too much for him and he can't do it with out making poor decisions.

Old 10-22-2012, 07:03 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,288,503 times
I definitely fear the Oklahoma game this weekend. Of course they are beatable, and their one loss came in Norman, but still, it's one thing to beat Stanford in Notre Dame Stadium. It's another thing to beat Oklahoma in Norman. If Notre Dame can get through OU, then they should go undefeated. USC is good, but they've struggled this year. We can't play against Oklahoma like we did against BYU or we'll get creamed.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:49 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,288,503 times
Notre Dame now has three consecutive seasons under Brian Kelly with at least 8 wins. It may not sound like much but ND hasn't done that since 1991-1993!

Old 10-30-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Notre Dame now has three consecutive seasons under Brian Kelly with at least 8 wins. It may not sound like much but ND hasn't done that since 1991-1993!
Yeah Brian Kelly is legit. His teams aren't winning with smoke and mirrors like they did under Ty Willingham and they're the not the mental midget cupcakes of the Cheeseburger Charlie Era either. Regardless of whether or not we win the MNC I feel great about our future. The ND program is finally looking up after a long wilderness of mediocrity. I really want ND in the MNC and I want to play Alabama, but all the Irish can do is take care of the teams on their schedule and hope the rest works itself out.

As a side note I want to play Alabama because they are the gold standard of CFB right now. To be the best you have to beat the best and win or lose I think our boys would give them a hell of a fight. Also I live in SEC land so it would be nice to beat a SEC team in the MNC just so I could shut some people up.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:39 PM

ABC Broadcast of Notre Dame-Oklahoma Most-Viewed College Football Game of Season « ESPN MediaZone
Quote:
ABC’s Saturday Night Football broadcast of Notre Dame defeating Oklahoma 30-13 on October 27 garnered the largest audience for a college football game this season across any network. The non-conference showdown –a 5.2 average rating, 8,627,000 viewers and 5,950,000 households – is also the highest-rated and most-viewed telecast involving Notre Dame among all of broadcast and cable since 2006 (Notre Dame at USC averaged a 9.0 rating, 14,647,000 viewers and 10,048,000 households on ABC).
In addition, the contest was the most-viewed program across all shows and networks on Saturday night among adults 18-49 (2.9 rating), men 18-49 (4.0 rating) and men 18-34 (3.4 rating).
ND moves the meters and fills the coffers...that's why we get some special BCS exemptions and what not.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
DALLAS (FWAA) - Any doubts about Notre Dame's place among the nation's top 10 teams were put to rest Saturday, as the Fighting Irish (8-0) won a 30-13 blockbuster at No. 8 Oklahoma to earn Tostitos Fiesta Bowl National Team of the Week honors for games of the weekend of Oct. 27. The announcement came exclusively on SiriusXM Radio's "College Sports Today," hosted by Mark Packer and Eddie George.
Notre Dame Named Tostitos Fiesta Bowl National Team of the Week - UND.COM - University of Notre Dame Official Athletic Site

Old 11-04-2012, 09:44 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,986,452 times
ND got lucky as Pitt choked away that game.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:09 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,900,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
ND got lucky as Pitt choked away that game.
I dont even know how Pitt stayed in so long. They are TERRIBLE this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football