Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2019, 10:00 PM

275 posts, read 330,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvillejb View Post
Just saw this sign on the old Rucker Johns. Looks like another seafood restaurant is moving into the area.
Attachment 213312
Don't Winterville have enough seafood restaurants?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 08:36 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,288 times
https://www.witn.com/content/news/Jo...514552831.html

Quote:
GREENVILLE, NC (WITN) Husband and wife Kimberly Kulers and Jeremy Law have owned and operated their restaurant SOCO for the past ten years in Wilson and will now be moving the business to the recently relocated Jones Lee House in Greenville.

The couple says they were looking for a new opportunity when they stumbled upon the house.

"The opportunity arose for us to look at that house and we immediately fell in love with it," says Law.

After purchasing the historical Jones Lee House, the couple changed their original vision of a steak house, to an upscale southern comfort feel.

"It's still going to be a personal experience. Here at SOCO in Wilson, it's been very personal. Jeremy and I are always in the restaurant if it's open. So, it's still going to be personal and cozy," says Kulers.

​Kulers says it's exciting to have this opportunity for the restaurant to open and to add to the uptown district.

"Anytime we can bring a new business especially with different variety is great. It's great exposure for Greenville, for our surrounding area to get more people in the uptown area" says Melissa Coxe who plans to attend the restaurant once it opens.

Bianca Shoneman of Uptown Greenville says over 35 restaurants and breweries have opened in the area in the past six years.

"It creates density and creates awareness that this is a great district to park your car, get out, walk around, and eat around the globe," says Shoneman.

Shoneman adds the restaurant is going to be a wonderful addition to Uptown Greenville as it continues to flourish.

The restaurant is expected to open sometime in December.

Old 08-06-2019, 02:08 PM

217 posts, read 236,036 times
Still need a $10 sandwich place on Dickinson. Watch how much foot traffic a reasonably-priced lunch spot brings in there. We've got how many upscale dinner places now? Rare that those end up saturated but we're getting close.

Old 08-06-2019, 04:20 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,597,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikepedguy View Post
Still need a $10 sandwich place on Dickinson. Watch how much foot traffic a reasonably-priced lunch spot brings in there. We've got how many upscale dinner places now? Rare that those end up saturated but we're getting close.
Yes please. Jimmy Johns and Sup Dogs get old after awhile.

Old 08-06-2019, 11:36 PM

4 posts, read 5,487 times
I just found out that the second location for Villa Verde is having a soft opening this Wednesday Aug 7th on West Arlington Blvd right beside the Which Wich restaurant. (Across from the hospital) The owner said the format will be like a create your own bowl meal much like Chipotle and Moes. They will also have cuban sandwiches. Fast lunch for around $10 is a good idea for that area. I like Dominican food and if it's like their original restaurant on 10th street I'm sure it will be good.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:05 PM

192 posts, read 281,068 times
I don't think it's been posted yet but the shiny all chrome building, the Sweet Karolina Diner, has been torn down. It's Next to Sam Jones and Walgreens on Fire tower. It has had a Marabella's coming soon sign in it for like two years. No idea if that is finally coming to fruition but it's nice to see that space being utilized or at least cleaned up since it's been vacant for 10 years or more.

Old 08-07-2019, 01:08 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,821,351 times
I don’t know if any in Greenville are affected, but Walgreens just announced that they’re closing 200 stores across the US.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/06/walg...res-in-us.html

Old 08-07-2019, 02:19 PM

4 posts, read 5,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bret Wickstrom View Post
I don't think it's been posted yet but the shiny all chrome building, the Sweet Karolina Diner, has been torn down. It's Next to Sam Jones and Walgreens on Fire tower. It has had a Marabella's coming soon sign in it for like two years. No idea if that is finally coming to fruition but it's nice to see that space being utilized or at least cleaned up since it's been vacant for 10 years or more.
I saw that as well. I'm hoping that area can be utilized for something good. Also, I heard they are building another Cook Out between the Zaxby's and the DQ across from PCC. The area is fenced off and ground work is being done. I haven't seen that listed here before. Lot's going on in that area.

Old 08-07-2019, 07:00 PM

217 posts, read 236,036 times
notes from the city bike/ped meeting this evening:

--75 more sidewalk intersections throughout Greenville will be upgraded to ADA-compliant ramps with funds obtained from a grant;
--Street resurfacing project continues, but Arlington Blvd between Evans and Hooker will be delayed "beyond the start of the high school calendar";
--South Tar Greenway Phase III (Greene St. to Nash St.) is out for re-bid and the city expects its 20% to be further covered through NCDOT or Federal money.

Albemarle & 5th Street (W. Greenville, near the fraternity houses) has a badly damaged portion of the sidewalk. The damage is due to a utilities issue beneath the surface and falls on a DOT-owned portion of the road. The DOT is investigating the proper long-term solution to this issue, but expect a solution in the coming months.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:19 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,821,351 times
Annexation, rezoning top City Council agenda - Daily Reflector
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina