Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2009, 09:18 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,814,516 times

Advertisements

Sheesh, close the thread already.
I see no relation between the recent comments and the topic.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:35 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,698,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Aight so check it. New jerseyans seem to have the idea that only manhattan is worth anything in nyc and all the other boroughs are fly-over. Which is laughable considering the state this accusation is coming from. That couldnt be any further from the truth however. The boroughs are more vibrant, more culturally relevant than every city in new jersey. As a bronxite i felt disrespected. In reality jersey is a identity-less state. Recieving any relevance whatsoever from New york and Philly

The bronx alone is more culturally relevant than any city in jersey through the yankees and hip hop. But theres four more boroughs.And there may be some jersey relevance that im not aware of

So what is it The Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island or New Jersey State. Who got da props
Of course The Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island takes the cake. These boroughs is what makes the city of NYC. New Jersey cannot be compared to NYC at all. Nothing compares to NYC. Lastly, New York is called the empire state for a reason..

Definition of empire: WordNet Search - 3.0

Lastly empire means having an emperor as chief of state. So NY is the emperor of the other states

Old 12-29-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
So u grew up in the bronx, but your doing everything in your power to tell me the boroughs dont attract attention. If your from ny why would this be an argument for you to pick up anyway.
Every borough attracts attention to the tourist. The Bronx have the largest metropolitan zoon in the whole US. Also it has the world's famous team which is NY Yankees, Manhattan has the skyscrapers etc...

Old 12-29-2009, 10:07 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,474,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Lastly, New York is called the empire state for a reason..

Lastly empire means having an emperor as chief of state. So NY is the emperor of the other states
Lol I guess since you use that logic then you must really believe the Cowboys are America's team since they named themselves that and all.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Lol I guess since you use that logic then you must really believe the Cowboys are America's team since they named themselves that and all.
Now why are we talking about the cowboys? This is off-topic.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:20 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,474,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Now why are we talking about the cowboys? This is off-topic.
So was naming NYC the "emperor of the other states" because it calls itself the empire state. Its a ridiculous statement and not at all relevant to what makes either the boroughs or NJ more culturally significant. So you're just as guilty as I am. I was only questioning your logic. You can't fault someone for going off topic if they are referring directly to words that you wrote yourself.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:56 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,865 times
Quote:
We all know thats really the yankees

Old 12-29-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
So was naming NYC the "emperor of the other states" because it calls itself the empire state. Its a ridiculous statement and not at all relevant to what makes either the boroughs or NJ more culturally significant. So you're just as guilty as I am. I was only questioning your logic. You can't fault someone for going off topic if they are referring directly to words that you wrote yourself.
Because NY is called the empire state silly...

Old 12-29-2009, 11:32 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,111 times
Quote:
We all know thats really the yankees
not really the cowboys play america's favorite sport and despite only playing 16 games a year (compared to 160+ in baseball) are worth 1.6 billion dollars and play in a much more obscene/larger sports venue
yankees rank #5 in terms of sports franchise values, at 1.3 billion.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:21 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
not really the cowboys play america's favorite sport and despite only playing 16 games a year (compared to 160+ in baseball) are worth 1.6 billion dollars and play in a much more obscene/larger sports venue
yankees rank #5 in terms of sports franchise values, at 1.3 billion.
That still doesnt make them more popular. The yankees symbol is probably the most internationally known sports symbol. Someone from tokyo or London would recognize the yankees before the cowboys. And the yankees were popular and historic before football even took off as a sport
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City