Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2009, 12:31 AM

1,060 posts, read 1,557,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
Mannhattan is 24 sq miles. My man, NYC is 330 miles! You just don't get this for some reason, NYC is more than Mannhattan!

Are you trying to tell me that bars don't lock their doors, and let the patrons keep on drinking til 6, 7, or 8am?.... If so, you REALLY have NOT done any SERIOUS drinking in NYC! And they CERTAINLY won't broadcast it in a newspaper. Guess what, SMOKING is outlawed in NY. Guess what, ALOT of bars in the outerboroughs let you SMOKE!... SHHHHH....don't tell anyone.....

NYC ain't all uptight like the Midwest city of Chicago is!.....
Article's about the NY State Liquor Authority, not the Manhattan Liquor Authority.

Pixburgh has house parties, so I guess it's a 24/7 city too. Apparently it doesn't matter what time the bars close because you can keep moving the goal posts. What's next..."There's a bar in Queens that sells weed, so it's a better party city than Amsterdam." I bet every city has bars that break the rules and risk heavy fines. These places are the exception, and do not a nightlife make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 12:32 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
The Brew City...I mean come on can't we get some love here!

My 600th post!

Old 03-22-2009, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
The Brew City...I mean come on can't we get some love here!

My 600th post!
You get extra credit for the Lakefront Brewery tour/sampling. Best $6 I've ever spent.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:38 AM

1,437 posts, read 3,072,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
Article's about the NY State Liquor Authority, not the Manhattan Liquor Authority.

Pixburgh has house parties, so I guess it's a 24/7 city too. Apparently it doesn't matter what time the bars close because you can keep moving the goal posts. What's next..."There's a bar in Queens that sells weed, so it's a better party city than Amsterdam." I bet every city has bars that break the rules and risk heavy fines. These places are the exception, and do not a nightlife make.
Chicago is beyond lame. I was just thinking about those LAME, and I can't stress how LAME Chicago's bar scene is. It's not even worth a hangover!

You keep thinking that NYC bars are all closing at 2am (like beat Chicago)! Unless they're dead, they stay open to ATLEAST 4am! I guess you think all those Asian bars close at 4am too?... Shows you never partied in one of those either!.........

You don't have a clue about anything you're talking about here, at all. It's embarrassing how much people from Chicago envy NYC.......

Old 03-22-2009, 12:41 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
My Top Ten in My preference:

1.Miami
2.LA
3.New York
4.Chicago
5.San Diego
6.Boston
7.Milwaukee
8.Fort Lauderdale
9.Houston
10.San Fran

Old 03-22-2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:
OK, tell me that the bars don't close at 4am in NYC (though a lot of them close at 2 actually). Or keep bringing up Chicago to deflect the fact that you're wrong.

2 a.m. Closing Time Becoming Norm for Manhattan Bars - Gothamist: New York City News, Food, Arts & Events
Did you even read that article you posted?... 58% of the bar business is earned during, what did they call it, "The magical hours of between 1am and 4am". In five years they won't be issueing anymore 4am liquor license. Where did your article say ALL of NYC? I seen Mannhattan nabes, no others though?...

Could that 58% be earned in Chicago's 'go to bed early city'?... I think not. Your article (which I just read now), just proved my point about how NYC is a 24/7 city. Last call (so you say), is at 4am, finish up at 4:30Am, head to get something to eat (unlike Chicago, more than Mc'Donalds), then hit the sack!

Old 03-22-2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
Chicago is beyond lame. I was just thinking about those LAME, and I can't stress how LAME Chicago's bar scene is. It's not even worth a hangover!

You keep thinking that NYC bars are all closing at 2am (like beat Chicago)! Unless they're dead, they stay open to ATLEAST 4am! I guess you think all those Asian bars close at 4am too?... Shows you never partied in one of those either!.........

You don't have a clue about anything you're talking about here, at all. It's embarrassing how much people from Chicago envy NYC.......
Been to Asian bars there, and it's very hit or miss...but being locked in a tiny bar with 5 other people is not my idea of fun. Obviously you don't like being proven wrong, which is why you keep trying to change the argument. No big deal to me (insert emoticon here).

Las Vegas 24/7. NYC no. Hence, #1 by a lot....and a distant #2. Now if we want to go international... (insert another emoticon for good measure)

Old 03-22-2009, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Been to Asian bars there, and it's very hit or miss...but being locked in a tiny bar with 5 other people is not my idea of fun. Obviously you don't like being proven wrong, which is why you keep trying to change the argument. No big deal to me (insert emoticon here).

Las Vegas 24/7. NYC no. Hence, #1 by a lot....and a distant #2. Now if we want to go international... (insert another emoticon for good measure)
Locked in a tiny bar? lol lol lol What if the other 4 were woman?...Or maybe 4 other guys? You would probably enjoy the West Village!... Those Asians bars are not hit or miss, they ALWAYS stay open! They got private rooms that you party in with girls.

You've never been to NYC, you know you haven't!

Your article that you posted, was talking about "NEW" liquor license. And it was about Mannhattan. I guess you didn't realize (cause you don't know NYC), all those nabes they named, are in Mannhattan. They're not in Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, or Staten Island........

I feel bad for you that you have to party in Chicago....I'll say a prayer for you......keep your head up and come to NYC some day.....

Old 03-22-2009, 01:11 AM

Quote:

I just noticed you joined a few days ago. I'm done responding to your post. You are either a former banned memeber (most likely) or you're doing the "T" thing. Either way, I ain't responding anymore.....

Old 03-22-2009, 01:21 AM

Ha. Won't feed the troll any longer. There's a Japanese bar on I think 8th Street close to the Astor Place subway stop - it'll be middle-aged guys with young trophy girlfriends singing karaoke, but they might let you stay late if they have enough patrons. My favorite bar in NYC is a total dive bar on 1st St. & 2nd Ave.; the jukebox is hilarious if you can read the handwritten track lists...which don't always correspond with the actual songs. Look for Dirty Old Town by the Pogues. Yinz should check it out next time you're there...see I even threw in a little Pixburghese for ya. Don't think they serve Imp 'n Arn though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City