Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 02:30 PM

155 posts, read 733,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I don't see how I was disrespecting the OP's question. I made a comment about there being decent shopping that doesn't have to be upscale. How is that disrespectful? What exactly was so offensive about what I said?
I'm not accusing you of being rude or anything, but if someone starts a thread comparing upscale shopping, there's nothing wrong with that either. Just because you don't like upscale stores and can't afford them doesn't mean that it's not worth discussing. It's kind of like if someone started a thread comparing the Yankees to the Red Sox, and then I post a message saying I don't like baseball and prefer basketball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 03:12 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,961,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
Even with those 2 Atlanta still has more upscale shopping options than Both and barton creek looks like northpoint mall i wouldnt even compare that one to perimeter
You obviously don't know Barton Creek then.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:02 PM

251 posts, read 710,691 times
What makes it different?

Old 12-27-2008, 06:13 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,753,850 times
Quote:
...i think Austin retail is better than charlottes
Really??? Better??? I would say similar, but better is not the word I would use.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:55 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,228,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
Really??? Better??? I would say similar, but better is not the word I would use.
not it's better

Old 12-28-2008, 03:29 AM

1,303 posts, read 2,095,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
You obviously don't know Barton Creek then.
I know barton creek i been there and you need to look at perimeter and check out the stores and dept stores perimeter has bloomindales and nordstoms and the domain cant compete with lenox let alone compete with phipps

Old 12-28-2008, 08:09 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,961,448 times
Quote:
I know barton creek i been there and you need to look at perimeter and check out the stores and dept stores perimeter has bloomindales and nordstoms and the domain cant compete with lenox let alone compete with phipps
Barton Creek Square, the mall in Barton Creek, has a Nordstrom. And the Domain can compete with Lenox or Phipps (if they were combined, then maybe not). The Domain has Neimans, Dillard's, and Macy's, with a Saks and Nordstrom coming in 2011. Also, Barton Creek, the actual area in Austin (and what I was talking about at first), has a median income of $158,623.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
Barton Creek Square, the mall in Barton Creek, has a Nordstrom. And the Domain can compete with Lenox or Phipps (if they were combined, then maybe not). The Domain has Neimans, Dillard's, and Macy's, with a Saks and Nordstrom coming in 2011. Also, Barton Creek, the actual area in Austin (and what I was talking about at first), has a median income of $158,623.
Right But in total upscale stores Nothing in Austin competes i can list at list 20 upscale stores that austin doesnt have that Atlanta has Not to mention Streets of BUckhead coming in 2010 and lenox and phipps alone bring in 1 billion in sales a year and the Domain can not compete with Phipps yeah Lenox maybe plus you have to remember we have perimeter mall also which offers upscale shopping to and alot of the those stores we havemultiple locations So no austin needs to compete with charlotte or something

Old 12-28-2008, 01:00 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,847,219 times
When I was living in Austin, I always thought the retail shopping (both quantity and quality) was, well, lame compared to Houston and Dallas.

So unless something has changed drastically, this just seems like a silly question to even bring up.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
When I was living in Austin, I always thought the retail shopping (both quantity and quality) was, well, lame compared to Houston and Dallas.

So unless something has changed drastically, this just seems like a silly question to even bring up.

They are talking about upscales stores who offer more upscale stores for as names And all i was saying was Atlanta has more to offer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City