Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 01:17 PM

300 posts, read 525,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Let's not act like Midtown Midhattan is the norm in NYC. This is how many area's in NYC look. It's built denser than DC but who said it wasn't?

Manhattan, New York, NY - Google Maps

Manhattan, New York, NY - Google Maps
You said there were three floor buildings on Central Park. Where, exactly?

These are 5-7 floor buildings, and not on Central Park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 01:19 PM

13,743 posts, read 15,819,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis Street View Post

Are you serious right now. Do I really have to go and post all the three story buildings in Manhattan? Why don't you do it for me if you have free time. And I said around central park meaning north of Midtown. I was talking about everything to the east and west.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:

Since you want to knit pick, I will play your game. I'll do even better than 3 stories. Here is a two story building in Manhattan.

manhattan - Google Maps

and

Three Story with a basement like most of DC rowhomes in the core.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=manhat...2.63,,0,0&z=15

and

Even One Story
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=manhat...,,0,13.23&z=15

Look, I know manhattan is miles ahead of DC in everyway, you are the one who will not beleive what I just said in this very sentence. I think you want to beleive I don't think that or otherwise, you would have left this alone a long time ago when I told you DC is nothing like Manhattan.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:39 PM

Here's another major change coming to the southern Downtown in DC

SW Eco District
SW Ecodistrict | National Capital Planning Commission

Old 08-02-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Since you want to knit pick, I will play your game. I'll do even better than 3 stories. Here is a two story building in Manhattan.
You said there were tons of three floor buildings on Central Park. I'm still waiting, and you keep posting random 3-floor buildings in other parts of NYC.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
You said there were tons of three floor buildings on Central Park. I'm still waiting, and you keep posting random 3-floor buildings in other parts of NYC.
I posted buildings in Manhattan. I could do the same thing in area's north of Midtown too but why should I waste my time? It doesn't prove anything. NYC is far and away the most urban place in America and I never disputed that. Get over it.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:44 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,179,750 times
Quote:

You said Kalorama had single family homes?

Old 08-02-2012, 11:47 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,453,290 times
Why are we comparing to DC to some of the most urban areas on the planet? I'm confused.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
You said Kalorama had single family homes?
Yes, most of Kalorama consists of single family, detached homes with yards and driveways. Some streets don't even have sidwalks. Check out any of the streets.

kalorama, washington dc - Google Maps

This is typical Kalorama. It's the same on Belmont Rd., Tracy Place, Wyoming Ave., Kalorama Rd., California St., etc. etc.

You're comparing an area that looks like a nice, older suburb, with Manhattan of all places. This is why everyone is challenging the comparison. It's crazy. It's like comparing Greenwich, CT to K Street in downtown DC.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Yes, most of Kalorama consists of single family, detached homes with yards and driveways. Some streets don't even have sidwalks. Check out any of the streets.

kalorama, washington dc - Google Maps

This is typical Kalorama. It's the same on Belmont Rd., Tracy Place, Wyoming Ave., Kalorama Rd., California St., etc. etc.

You're comparing an area that looks like a nice, older suburb, with Manhattan of all places. This is why everyone is challenging the comparison. It's crazy. It's like comparing Greenwich, CT to K Street in downtown DC.
Who said anything about Kalorama? When I was talking about Downtown DC, I wasn't talking about anything north of the actual Dupont Circle and definetly not north of Florida Ave. NW. Do you have any idea how large the area I named is? Why are you still talking about Kalorma? Once again, you are nitpicking the edges of my boundary and I have yet to see you talk about anything south of these areas or east of these areas. Why don't you bring up NOMA, Capital Riverfront, SW Waterfront, SW Eco District, Mt. Vernon Triangle, Northwest One, or the Atlas District?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City