Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2010, 08:55 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
I have found that only people who love to covet and who refuse to repent of coveting say what you said.
Intelligent and knowledgeable people say what I said. You espouse ignorant and dangerous beliefs and I pity your congregation (if you have one) and all who seek your counsel. Your lack of knowledge and understanding is more dangerous than a witch doctor's.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:57 PM

365 posts, read 511,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Purple Heart I will just say that just because your depression was caused by your coveting that does not mean that everyones is
God created human beings, God knew what He was talking about. He commanded we NOT COVET for a reason, because God knows it brings thoughts of being ungrateful and depressive thinking.

I suggest you all listen to God and REPENT OF COVETING!

Try it and see, you will be astounded of the power of repentance of coveting.

Retrain your thoughts, create a new habit of being grateful for everything in your life. Repent of coveting and you will see amazing results in your thoughts and will notice the constant depressive thoughts are gone.

Sure we all get depressive thoughts at times, it's like the seasons, we go through the bright and sunny summers and sometimes the rainy and gloomy winters. But once you repent of coveting, you will spend more time in the bright sunny summers.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
You are angry because the truth I shared has made you realise you covet!

You want to blame everyone and everything else on your misery and refuse to take full responsibility!

The day you repent of coveting and instead began thanking God for everything you already have, and begin being grateful and appreciating what you already have, on that day you will be a lot happier.

But in the meantime you love to be miserable and blame everyone and everything else for your own created misery
Judging the motives of others is un-Christian . . . when it comes from ignorance and self-hate (one of the real sources of some depression) . . . it is pure evil. Keep your self-hate to yourself and be silent in your ignorance.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:00 PM

365 posts, read 511,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Intelligent and knowledgeable people say what I said. You espouse ignorant and dangerous beliefs and I pity your congregation (if you have one) and all who seek your counsel. Your lack of knowledge and understanding is more dangerous than a witch doctor's.
I recommend people repent of coveting and encourage people to focus more on being grateful for what God has already given them, yet you claim my comments are dangerous.

Thus by their fruit we shall know them, Matthew 7:20.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Pharmaceutical, Doctors, Psychiatrists and various drug companies saw an opportunity to profit. So they gave names to and labeled COVETING behavior to words such as "depression, bi-polar" etc.

The fact and reality is that people are coveting more today then every in history. So no wonder the "depression and bi-polar" labels and medicines are at a record level.

REPENT of coveting and beginning thanking God for what you already have and miraculously you will no longer have "depression and bi-polar".
Find the source of your self-hate and you will no longer need the religious excuse to project your hate onto others using ignorant biblical interpretations. It assuages your own self-hate by focusing your hate on others under the pretense of promoting God's word.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:07 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Purple Heart I will just say that just because your depression was caused by your coveting that does not mean that everyones is
Exactly. I was wanting to give Purpleheart the benefit of the doubt ... I know that when you've been in the depths of the hell of depression for any amount of time, if you find something that is helpful you want others to know. Sometimes in one's zeal to help others, you may assume that what caused your depression MUST be what causes everyone else's. That's ignorant and extremely dangerous thinking, as Mystic has said, especially when presented in a judgmental and condemning tone. One thing those who suffer with depression have more than enough of is guilt. They don't need more heaped on them.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
You do not have an illness, you just have a bad habit of COVETING!
REPENT of your coveting and your life will improve!
Your projection of your self-hate for coveting onto others is a symptom . . . not a solution to your underlying self-hate. I suspect your primitive beliefs about God and His nature reinforces that because you probably believe God hates us and we deserve ET for our sinful nature. You do not know our loving God and therefore cannot love even yourself.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
I recommend people repent of coveting and encourage people to focus more on being grateful for what God has already given them, yet you claim my comments are dangerous.

Thus by their fruit we shall know them, Matthew 7:20.
Yes . . . by their fruit . . . and yours smells rotten and devoid of love because you do not love yourself. In complete ignorance you take it upon yourself to diagnose mental conditions on your own self-hate and coveting . . . that is dangerous.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:13 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Exactly. I was wanting to give Purpleheart the benefit of the doubt ... I know that when you've been in the depths of the hell of depression for any amount of time, if you find something that is helpful you want others to know. Sometimes in one's zeal to help others, you may assume that what caused your depression MUST be what causes everyone else's. That's ignorant and extremely dangerous thinking, as Mystic has said, especially when presented in a judgmental and condemning tone. One thing those who suffer with depression have more than enough of is guilt. They don't need more heaped on them.
I agree Pleroo,

For purpleheart the cause was coveting and for others it could a lot of other reasons e.g guilt, abuse, a medical or genetic cause or inability to handle a situation - for some people it can be a mix of those reasons.......

Purpleheart does have the right to an opinion, and in my opinion that opinion is only partly right and does sound very judgmental ....... JMO

Old 07-28-2010, 09:15 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I won't even bother.
I will!

Quote:
Ask any Doctor to provide you PROOF and they will admit they are unable to.
No, PurpleHeart, that is not the case! Trust me, I HAVE asked doctors, and was taught by doctors at Harvard and other universities who were sufficiently able to provide me with "proof."

~But more importantly, the patients, themselves, whom I have worked with over the years, and those I currently work with are living proof. Which, quite frankly, is "proof" enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart
Your post I found was poorly written because it was based on a lot of limited and incomplete assumptions with no solid medical and scientific bases.
Tell that to the physicians at Johns Hopkins, Harvard, and any major medical school.

P.S. As regards my "poorly written" post (which trust me, was sufficiently well written, by the way) I will kindly point out to you that "scientific bases" should actually be "scientific basis."

--Should I send you the articles that I have had published? Perhaps they are better written than my posts on a message board?

Quote:
I hope you do not ban me just because I disagree with your opinion. But I know you probably won't because that would be an abuse of Admin privileges if Admins banned everyone who dared disagree with their opinions.
Unless you violate the Terms of Service, I would have no cause to ban you or anyone else. --But please don't usurp the moderation of one who has done this long enough to know how to do her "mod job."

Quote:
Suffice to say, it all comes back to the commandment, "Thou shalt no COVET".
Suffice it to say that I am a long standing mental health professional, with the credentials to back it up. I have the education, the advanced clinical training, and the years of experience and respect of my colleagues to back up what I have written.

You have your own personal experience, from which you have seen fit to superimpose religious ideology in an inaccurate fashion and manner. While a part of me could chalk this up to semantics or ideological differences, nonetheless, far too much of what you have written is, quite frankly, inaccurate. I'm sorry, but unless you are willing to take on the scientific and psychiatric community, them's the facts, my friend!

Quote:
Coveting is a huge and main cause of all the "depression and bi-polar" and suicide we see today.
Perhaps you would like to inform the panel of experts who initially wrote, and who continue to revise the DSM of your "findings." An opinion is just that: opinion.

Ask the experts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity