Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 07:00 PM

365 posts, read 511,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I have been watching these posts on depression and it has touched me deeply because when you have come through depression it can be a long hard road. I speak from experience and that road can have setbacks. What we need is to hear is verbal support because when you are in the middle of it anything is hard to hear. Depression is real whether its from life events or a chemical imbalance.
If I gave you $10,000,000 I am sure you would not be depressed anymore. In fact, you may jump up and down for a few hours in total joy and excitement! So what changed? What made you not be depressed anymore? Could it have been a refocus of attention and thoughts away from negative areas into positive areas? I believe so.

You have to ask yourself and challenge yourself, why wouldn't you be depressed anymore if you were given $10,000,000? What changed and how has it affected your viewpoint on life.

Honesty and taking full ownership of your thinking is the first step to healing.

Last edited by PurpleHeart; 07-29-2010 at 07:14 PM..

Old 07-29-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Now,now, people, don't be so judgemental......it's possible PurpleHeart is/was a psychologist that suffered/suffers true depression and...uh....is out on...uh.... 'medical'..... leave .... and suffering Moderator cut: deleted.
Thank you. You are the very first person to show Christian love and not make false accusations against thy neighbor based on assumptions. You are the very first person to seems to want to empathise and realise I say what I say not to willfully hurt people, but to give them an alternative approach in how to deal with their depressive thinking, because I want people to be joyful in the Lord and cease from coveting which leads to depressive moods.

You are the first person who was willing to see my sincere motives and intent behind my statements. Sadly I have received a few very attacking, threatening and abusive messages from some people.

So thank you for your understanding.

Last edited by PurpleHeart; 07-29-2010 at 07:16 PM..

Old 07-29-2010, 07:03 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,521,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
We all covet to some degree sweetheart.
A Psychologist that demeans women by calling them sweetheart, when pigs fly . I suspect high school is likely the crowning achievement of your education background, even with out a diploma, but merely a certification of completion for hanging around 13 - 14 years.

You also seem stuck on the concept that money equals happiness, wow, that is an astounding level of ignorance speaking.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Wow..........I struggled with depression starting when I was 15, but I wasn't medicated until I was 21 when I started having panic attacks. I couldn't even leave my house. Coveting? Are you serious? I've never struggled with being jealous or coveting. ..
Every person has struggled with jealousy or coveting because we are all sinners. There is not a single human being who has never entertained these thoughts of jealous or coveting.

First step to healing is admittance and take full responsibility and ownership of your free thinking mind.

Self-denial keeps people trapped in the bondage of the spirit of depression.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:16 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,167 times
Quote:
Every person has struggled with jealousy or coveting because we are all sinners. There is not a single human being who has never entertained these thoughts of jealous or coveting.

First step to healing is admittance and take full responsibility and ownership of your free thinking mind.

Self-denial keeps people trapped in the bondage of the spirit of depression.
I am no longer depressed and no, I don't covet. Have I ever? Yes, but it's not something I struggle with. Everyone struggles with different sins...anger, dishonesty, impure thoughts, etc, but just because one struggles with a certain sin doesn't mean other people do. I'm very impatient and I struggle with that, but my husband doesn't. Again, we all struggle with different things in our lives so to make a blanket statement like you did about coveting and depression is ridiculous. If you notice from all the replies back to you that you are the only one who can't see that your blanket statement is wrong.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:17 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
Quote:
If I gave you $10,000,000 I am sure you would not be depressed. You have to ask yourself and challenge yourself, why not? What changed and how has it affected your viewpoint on life.

Honesty and taking full ownership of your thinking is the first step to healing.
Well we shall never know. Actually I do have a diagnosis and it has nothing to do with any of the things you have said in all your posts. it especially has nothing to do with coveting, or not taking ownership or not challenging myself.

It had to do with a chemical imbalance and medications healed that. Therapy helps with the other emotional issues with a competent therapist.

None of it would have happened on my own and you truly do not have a clue what you are talking about.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post

You also seem stuck on the concept that money equals happiness, wow, that is an astounding level of ignorance speaking.
Not at all, I am using that as an example to prove a point. I can approach a "depressed" person and give them $10,000,000 and then stand back and watch their facial reaction, psychological functioning, moods etc alter dramatically.

If I then ask them if they are feeling depressed, they are too excited and happy to reply.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I am no longer depressed and no, I don't covet. Have I ever? Yes, but it's not something I struggle with. Everyone struggles with different sins...anger, dishonesty, impure thoughts, etc, but just because one struggles with a certain sin doesn't mean other people do. I'm very impatient and I struggle with that, but my husband doesn't. Again, we all struggle with different things in our lives so to make a blanket statement like you did about coveting and depression is ridiculous. If you notice from all the replies back to you that you are the only one who can't see that your blanket statement is wrong.
Are you honestly claiming you never have thoughts of a better house, better circumstances, better job, more friends, more money, better health, etc? You never ever have any thoughts about that at all?

Secondly, why don't you have depression anymore? What changed?

Old 07-29-2010, 07:21 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
Quote:
Thank you. You are the very first person to show Christian love and not make false accusations against thy neighbor based on assumptions. You are the very first person to seems to want to empathise and realise I say what I say not to willfully hurt people, but to give them an alternative approach in how to deal with their depressive thinking, because I want people to be joyful in the Lord and cease from coveting which leads to depressive moods.

You are the first person who was willing to see my sincere motives and intent behind my statements. Sadly I have received a few very attacking, threatening and abusive messages from some people.

So thank you for your understanding.
It is to bad as a Christian you have been unable to do the same. You have made many false accusations against many folks on this thread. You have willfully hurt people even after those who are trained in the field pointed out the error of what you have been saying.

I am also sure all those who have spoken about their depression want to be joyful in life.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Well we shall never know. Actually I do have a diagnosis and it has nothing to do with any of the things you have said in all your posts. it especially has nothing to do with coveting, or not taking ownership or not challenging myself.

It had to do with a chemical imbalance and medications healed that. Therapy helps with the other emotional issues with a competent therapist.

None of it would have happened on my own and you truly do not have a clue what you are talking about.
Who made the diagnoses? Realise something important, we have never seen this amount of "depressed" people in Earths history as we do today! It's unprecedented.

And that is because in the last decade people are bombarded with materialism, self-image marketing and having celebrities on TV showing how "beautiful and successful" they are. This has caused people to COVET!

Also, realise that Pharmaceutical, Doctors, Psychiatrists and various drug companies saw an opportunity to profit. So today all sorts of behaviour and thinking problems is being medicalised and turned into a disease.

But in reality it all comes down to coveting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity