Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 12:39 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
The man in the mirror has sad eyes.
I've been there. It's a horrible darkness and feeling of hopelessness. I never thought I'd come out of it either. I actually thought my depression could and would kill me (literally). The worst of it started back in 1989 after the birth of my 2nd child. The root of it was from being terrified as a child about God. I can't easily tell you the details in this public place of how I got to such a low place, but I just wanted to let you know that it is possible to be delivered from such a place. Despair is a terrible experience, but the last thing anyone should try to put on someone who feels despair is guilt. In fact, I think those who have experienced deep, deep despair have experienced something of what Christ felt as he was nailed to the cross. Such people are often the ones who wind up being the closest to God when the darkness has passed because such suffering works mercy into one's soul. Please feel free to send me a private message if there is anything I can do to help you.

Heartsong

Old 07-26-2010, 12:44 AM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I've been there. It's a horrible darkness and feeling of hopelessness. I never thought I'd come out of it either. I actually thought my depression could and would kill me (literally). The worst of it started back in 1989 after the birth of my 2nd child. The root of it was from being terrified as a child about God. I can't easily tell you the details in this public place of how I got to such a low place, but I just wanted to let you know that it is possible to be delivered from such a place. Despair is a terrible experience, but the last thing anyone should try to put on someone who feels despair is guilt.
The absolute last thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
In fact, I think those who have experienced deep, deep despair have experienced something of what Christ felt as he was nailed to the cross. Such people are often the ones who wind up being the closest to God when the darkness has passed because such suffering works mercy into one's soul. Please feel free to send me a private message if there is anything I can do to help you.

Heartsong
And people were still mocking him; "if you are who you say you are"......

"Father, forgive them."

He saw the light at the end of the tunnel for everybody.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:47 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
The absolute last thing.

And people were still mocking him; "if you are who you say you are"......

"Father, forgive them."

He saw the light at the end of the tunnel for everybody.
Wow - so beautifully stated! Yes, I believe he did.

Heartsong, moved in spirit -

Old 07-26-2010, 01:20 AM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I do believe he meets us many of us at "Wits end corner".

He's the God who really sees
"Your servant is in your hands," Abram said. "Do with her whatever you think best." Then Sarai mistreated Hagar; so she fled from her
The angel of the LORD found Hagar near a spring in the desert; it was the spring that is beside the road to Shur.
She gave this name to the LORD who spoke to her: "You are the God who sees me," for she said, "I have now seen the One who sees me."
Paul ... that is so true

Old 07-26-2010, 01:44 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,227 times
Try to understand that being down or depressed at times is normal .

It is a difficult thing.

Being kind can help relieve the nightmare.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:57 AM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Try to understand that being down or depressed at times is normal .

It is a difficult thing.

Being kind can help relieve the nightmare.
Maybe, no truer words have been said, although a very difficult thing to do when you are in the middle of a black hole.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:58 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,227 times
The sadness of depression is a result of cruelty and a lack of kindness, directed at our lives.

To be cut off from the natural need to share with goodness is the root of the low feelings.

The black hole is caused by our interpetation of unavoidable cruelty suggesting that we cannot
participate in the comfort of giving and recieving with our deserving, self worth.

Therefore, negate the suggestions of a worthless self and give more where you see fit regardless.

Each day be the person you, "really are" and find a sorrow to relieve in others .

Being who you "really are" will relieve your pain !

Last edited by stargazzer; 07-27-2010 at 02:10 AM..

Old 07-27-2010, 06:10 AM

13,613 posts, read 10,020,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Some of us do a lot of muddling through. It can be exhausting. Depression is hard enough, but it seems to be even worse when things are going well and you still feel overwhelming sadness. I really don't know how to explain it. Feeling sad even in the good times makes me feel even worse.

I hope you get a bit of light soon.
You don’t need to explain, I understand entirely.
The darkness is now lifting.
Thank you.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:32 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
You don’t need to explain, I understand entirely.
Thank you.
That's great Beclazone....glad you're starting to feel better.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:13 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity