Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2022, 03:00 PM

4,627 posts, read 1,171,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Baloney. Let's think about this without using scripture for a minute. This is just common sense and a reality...I can do ANYTHING I want to right now, anything. If that isn't free will , what is?
Thats what it is, human wisdom !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2022, 08:55 PM

248 posts, read 81,508 times
People the scripture uses the word "will"
בצוואה
and "free"
But to describe a person as free, as in not a slave, you’d say בֶּן/בַּת חוֹרִין (ben/baht hoh-REEN

Old 02-27-2022, 09:04 PM

248 posts, read 81,508 times
Free and will do exist but to make in concept it is need the thing of freedom and good and evil the conscience to be able in hebrew in writting but they cuould not explain they did not have the experience of government,freedom of women, freedom of slavery, and concept of theology were needed but still the base is that choice by God to be with him in doing good or evil but consequence is death for evil or eternal life for good.

Their is gray area and that is Elijah's error, Moses Error, and Huldah as prophets that they made mistakes and change the destiny of the plan of God but God cover it with forgivness and let them learn from thier errors for A purpose and all purpose being good or evil will be in the end A happy ending in revelations. Put things in God hands and put love they God and nieghbor and he will do the rest ;D.

Old 02-27-2022, 09:11 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times
Two verses on free will in holy scripture:

Jos 24:15, And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Rev 22:17, And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

This is by no means exhaustive; there are other scriptures also.

Old 02-28-2022, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Two verses on free will in holy scripture:

Jos 24:15, And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Rev 22:17, And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

This is by no means exhaustive; there are other scriptures also.
Nothing about having a freewill in any of those verses !

Old 02-28-2022, 07:50 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
I believe God's love for us is beyond human understanding. I also believe because of this same love, He has given us free will. Free will to spend eternity in heaven with Him or not. He does NOT force Himself on anyone, EVER. When I read near death experiences I am always amazed at the interaction between God/Jesus and the person having the NDE. Time and time again, God only wants what we want. "Do you want to stay or go back?" God asks. What a loving God.

However, I also believe this free will forces 'Scoundrels' to rather hide under a rock than face any all-powerful God/Light. But when anyone in this dark place (their own making) call out to God, He comes quickly.

Psalm 139:8 sums it up.

If I ascend to the heavens, You are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, You are there.

The choice is always ours. We are defined by the decisions we make.

Last edited by Zero 7; 02-28-2022 at 09:15 AM..

Old 02-28-2022, 11:33 AM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Nothing about having a freewill in any of those verses!
You cannot "choose" if you have no free will in the first place!

Old 02-28-2022, 12:20 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times
Quote:
Blind as a bat (see 2 Corinthians 4:3-4).

Old 02-28-2022, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I believe God's love for us is beyond human understanding. I also believe because of this same love, He has given us free will. Free will to spend eternity in heaven with Him or not. He does NOT force Himself on anyone, EVER. When I read near death experiences I am always amazed at the interaction between God/Jesus and the person having the NDE. Time and time again, God only wants what we want. "Do you want to stay or go back?" God asks. What a loving God.

However, I also believe this free will forces 'Scoundrels' to rather hide under a rock than face any all-powerful God/Light. But when anyone in this dark place (their own making) call out to God, He comes quickly.

Psalm 139:8 sums it up.

If I ascend to the heavens, You are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, You are there.

The choice is always ours. We are defined by the decisions we make.
You sound like you in fantasy land friend.

Old 02-28-2022, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You cannot "choose" if you have no free will in the first place!
A person may have a will but its not free. Mans will isnt free from sin, a evil heart. So your statement is unwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity