Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2022, 06:44 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
It is written of Jesus in the volume of the book (Hebrews 10:7); that means, every word in the book (that I carry in my hand) is about Jesus in some way, shape, or form.

When I watch the move the Passion of the Christ, I recognize that Jesus died on that Cross to pay the penalty for my sin. And it evokes within me thoughts of love to think that He paid so high a price to pay a debt He did not owe; because I owed a debt that I could not pay.
So you believe that the cross is a demonstration of the wrath and love of God at the same time. The cross leaves us in no doubt that we are loved of God(always have been too) and in it takes faith to do so initially when your whole life time you have either not believed it, doubted it and held thoughts of being sent to hell because of what we had been taught. All beliefs about God being wrathful, vengeful and the great punisher were punished at the cross, absolutely everything contrary to the nature and character of God took a direct hit from God too. If you believe because you thought you would be going to hell if not, sorry, you believe for the wrong reasons, because if it wasn't true(and it isn't) you would not believe.

It has been said a few times on here, if we are all going to be saved, why don't we just live how we want to?, well, why would you when you have tasted that the Lord is good?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2022, 09:58 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,264,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Sin is unbelief. EVERYTHING that is not OF faith IS sin. Romans 14:23. Faith is not saying you believe in the Bible.
I get the impression from you that you don’t think that believing the Bible is necessary. Correct me if I am wrong.

Without the word of God, either by hearing or reading it for yourself, there can be no faith in Jesus, the Son of God. The Bible is where we learn about HIM.

Faith comes by hearing the word of God (Rom. 10:17)

John tells us, “And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.” (John 20:30-31).

Old 02-26-2022, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So you believe that the cross is a demonstration of the wrath and love of God at the same time. The cross leaves us in no doubt that we are loved of God(always have been too) and in it takes faith to do so initially when your whole life time you have either not believed it, doubted it and held thoughts of being sent to hell because of what we had been taught. All beliefs about God being wrathful, vengeful and the great punisher were punished at the cross, absolutely everything contrary to the nature and character of God took a direct hit from God too. If you believe because you thought you would be going to hell if not, sorry, you believe for the wrong reasons, because if it wasn't true(and it isn't) you would not believe.

It has been said a few times on here, if we are all going to be saved, why don't we just live how we want to?, well, why would you when you have tasted that the Lord is good?
What about those who reject Jesus? Do they get eternal life?

Old 02-26-2022, 10:07 AM

Back to the free will question…. I came across this passage in my daily reading this morning.

To the Jews who sought to kill Jesus, He said,

“You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. BUT YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO COME TO ME that you may have life. (John 5:39-40emphasis mine)

It seems pretty clear that man can choose His own eternal destiny.

Old 02-26-2022, 11:36 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
What about those who reject Jesus? Do they get eternal life?
We all get "age-during" life. But those who reject the agape love of Jesus will not like the consequences they have earned for themselves by what they have BECOME as Spirits.

Old 02-26-2022, 06:24 PM

248 posts, read 81,508 times
Well we make choices make the right one and choose God he will help and love thy neighbor and him.

Old 02-26-2022, 09:57 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We all get "age-during" life. But those who reject the agape love of Jesus will not like the consequences they have earned for themselves by what they have BECOME as Spirits.
So, life is not everlasting for the believer in your theology.

Old 02-27-2022, 02:57 AM

4,627 posts, read 1,171,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Answer the question...
Where's the scripture that says man has a freewill? Rom 10-9-10ff certainly says nothing about man has freewill like you posted!

Old 02-27-2022, 02:59 AM

4,627 posts, read 1,171,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
Back to the free will question…. I came across this passage in my daily reading this morning.

To the Jews who sought to kill Jesus, He said,

“You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. BUT YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO COME TO ME that you may have life. (John 5:39-40emphasis mine)

It seems pretty clear that man can choose His own eternal destiny.
Actually God chooses a persons eternal destiny !

Old 02-27-2022, 03:55 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Actually God chooses a persons eternal destiny !
BF I have a question. You have stated in the past God does not love those who He does not choose for salvation and they are vessels of wrath. Here is my question. Are WE to love these people since God does not and if the answer is yes, why should we love the lost when God doesn't? I know your will answer will be - we don't know who the elect are and we should love all people but why then? If God doesn't forgive or even love the lost, why should I forgive the person that just acted like a devil and cut me off in traffic on purpose?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity