Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2022, 05:08 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You really don't get it, do you? You are NOT to accuse, imply, suggest, probe, or do anything else about someone's sins because God is NOT counting them against us. Your focus on the fear of Hell and convicting people of their sins is the work of the accuser, NOT God and certainly not the Holy Spirit who IS infinite agape love and forgiveness.

You are playing for the wrong team, brother. Come join the agape love team. You would be an awesome evangel of God instead of a destructive and counterproductive accuser. Paul tried to point out that it makes no sense for a Christian to follow "the precepts and doctrines of men."

Colossians 2:19 King James Version
. . . If you have died with Christ to the elements of the world, why, as if still living in the world, do you lay down the rules . . . Things that must all perish in their very use? In this, you follow the 'precepts and doctrines of men.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
It is the Holy Spirit's job to convict the world of sin and of righteousness and of judgment (John 16:8).

God does hold against the sinner, his sins, when he rejects the gospel that Jesus died for his sins (John 3:17-21,36).

Take all of scripture into account, not just the isolated verses that are pleasing to you.
You do NOT know the Holy Spirit because you accuse Him of wrath and vengeance and being the accuser of the brethren. But the Holy Spirit is the infinite agape love and forgiveness of God Himself as Divinely Revealed personally by Jesus on the Cross. There are NO inspirations or interpretations of prophets needed!!!! Heed Him, brother!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2022, 06:41 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,840,257 times
The Holy Spirit is not "the accuser of the brethren" while it is His job to convict the world of sin and of righteousness and of judgment.

Of sin, because they believe not on Jesus.

And it is the Father who has wrath and vengeance against sin; which is testified to by the Holy Ghost (1 Peter 1:10-11, Nahum 1:2-3).

Old 03-01-2022, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
According to Jesus was Lazarus dead ? Yes or No
According to Jesus was Lazarus sleeping (John 11:11)?

Yes or No?

Old 03-01-2022, 07:17 PM

Quote:
You do NOT know the Holy Spirit because you accuse Him of wrath and vengeance and being the accuser of the brethren. But the Holy Spirit is the infinite agape love and forgiveness of God Himself as Divinely Revealed personally by Jesus on the Cross. There are NO inspirations or interpretations of prophets needed!!!! Heed Him, brother!!!
Quote:
The Holy Spirit is not "the accuser of the brethren" while it is His job to convict the world of sin and of righteousness and of judgment.
And it is the Father who has wrath and vengeance against sin; which is testified to by the Holy Ghost (1 Peter 1:10-11, Nahum 1:2-3).
Reconcile the contradiction that God is NOT counting our sins against us with your silly belief that the Holy Spirit (who IS God) is supposed to convict us of sin and judgment of sin that God is NOT counting against us?????

Old 03-01-2022, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Reconcile the contradiction that God is NOT counting our sins against us with your silly belief that the Holy Spirit (who IS God) is supposed to convict us of sin and judgment of sin that God is NOT counting against us?????
When God made the decision to come and die for us He did not count our sins against us so that He would make the decision not to come and die.

The Bible says that the Holy Spirit's job is to convict the world of sin and of righteousness and of judgment; it even says that Jesus said it.

You don't believe Jesus' words?

Here is an instance in which you favour what is in the epistles over what was written in the gospels.

Whereas up to this point you have favoured the gospels over what is written in the epistles.

Therefore I say that with you it is smorgasborg religion; you pick and choose what you want to believe and what you don't want to believe.

Your belief is not bibllical Christianity;

And I would say that biblical Christianity is the only kind of real Christianity.

Old 03-01-2022, 08:29 PM

Quote:
When God made the decision to come and die for us He did not count our sins against us so that He would make the decision not to come and die.

The Bible says that the Holy Spirit's job is to convict the world of sin and of righteousness and of judgment; it even says that Jesus said it.

You don't believe Jesus' words?

Here is an instance in which you favour what is in the epistles over what was written in the gospels.

Whereas up to this point you have favoured the gospels over what is written in the epistles.

Therefore I say that with you it is smorgasborg religion; you pick and choose what you want to believe and what you don't want to believe.

Your belief is not bibllical Christianity;

And I would say that biblical Christianity is the only kind of real Christianity.
There is no such thing as biblical Christianity. There is only the Christianity of CHRIST!!! I am completely consistent and accept ONLY what is compatible with and consistent with God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as Divinellly Revealed personally by Jesus (God Himself) on the Cross. Your smorgasbord theology is all over the map with inconsistent, incompatible, and incoherent beliefs that require massive twisting and spinning to rationalize.

They are NOT compatible with the God of Jesus Christ. None of your so-called Holy Spirit-inspired scriptures as YOU interpret them can be reconciled with God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as Divinely Revealed personally by Jesus (God Himself) on the Cross. That will never change no matter what you read in the Bible.

Old 03-01-2022, 10:18 PM

Quote:
There is no such thing as biblical Christianity. There is only the Christianity of CHRIST!!! I am completely consistent and accept ONLY what is compatible with and consistent with God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as Divinellly Revealed personally by Jesus (God Himself) on the Cross. Your smorgasbord theology is all over the map with inconsistent, incompatible, and incoherent beliefs that require massive twisting and spinning to rationalize.

They are NOT compatible with the God of Jesus Christ. None of your so-called Holy Spirit-inspired scriptures as YOU interpret them can be reconciled with God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as Divinely Revealed personally by Jesus (God Himself) on the Cross. That will never change no matter what you read in the Bible.
Unfortunately, your Christianity is based on what you saw in a movie rather than the source of Christian doctrine over the centuries.

Old 03-02-2022, 03:50 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,283,016 times
Quote:

They are NOT compatible with the God of Jesus Christ. None of your so-called Holy Spirit-inspired scriptures as YOU interpret them can be reconciled with God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as Divinely Revealed personally by Jesus (God Himself) on the Cross
. That will never change no matter what you read in the Bible.

Old 03-02-2022, 04:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You both will see on the day of judgment how wrong you were in everything.

Rejecting the testimony of holy scripture is to reject the gospel of Jesus Christ...

And to reject the gospel of Jesus Christ is to reject salvation.

Old 03-02-2022, 04:48 AM

614 posts, read 172,863 times
Quote:

Yes, why wouldn't God be angry at what people do? I'm unhappy with people all of the time, but that doesn't mean I don't still love them. My love for them will always, and I mean always, result in me giving them a break. The break I give them is the one they need.

I am going to use a real world example to get my point across about the difference of our two approaches. I am going to use the example of the war on drugs. Because I am going to use that example, I hope that the moderators don't flippantly see that what I am talking about looks off topic, and delete this post.

I was watching a series about the war on drugs the other day narrated by Samuel L. Jackson. It made the point about how people don't take drugs out of some moral failure. They take drugs in order to try to get, or replace, something they need. They didn't necessarily get too far into that, but I say it is the love that I have been trying to tell you about. They made a specific example of cannabis, saying it was better at imitating the natural chemicals present in the brain, when people feel loved enough that their brains are orchestrated accordingly, than other substances, like alcohol.

Well, in country after country drugs are illegal. People go to jail. People have their lives messed up with compliance sentencing. People get addicted. The program went into the extreme lack of success in dealing with this sort of thing that programs like AA have had. They only help a small percentage. They make you confess you are a sinner every time you stand up in a meeting. They are your people. They come with lots of promises, but are not really any help.

This only gets worse as whole economic regions succumb to poverty, or strictures implemented by people like you. That's when people are really oppressed in their souls and need more help. That's when they need love more. That's when you judge them more!

Seems like there is an answer. Portugal had a terrible problem with drugs, until they decided to legalize all drugs. I mean all drugs. Guess what, the country did not descend into a drug induced coma. They found they had trouble with the same small group of people that you might expect, about 5 percent of the population, but that trouble with the rest of the people went away. You see, they got what they needed, without having to go to some illegal source for it. It didn't mushroom into the fantasy that the right wing imagined in their need to judge others. It did not indulge the right wing's panic.

I have been telling you that the root problem we are dealing with has to do with the knowledge of good and evil. We are not judged by God for indulging in it, we are judged by ourselves. God put the tree in the garden so that we could learn not to use the knowledge of good and evil. It was not as you say, that it was a test that we failed. We are not polluted by sin. We are polluted by our need for love, if you will. We will commit all sorts of atrocities to get it. We will abuse. We will hurt and kill. It happens every day. It isn't that we need to end our need for love. It is that we need to find out how to actually get it. Many of us think we have it, but we are deluding ourselves because what we do to others to gain that confidence can be appalling.

Don't you realize what you are saying when you say these things about judgment? You know, that we have to satisfy some arcane arrangement before God before He will love us. Before He will save us. That just tells us how unloved we are. What you are really talking about, and should be happy about, is what it is like to spend time with God rather than without Him. That's admirable, but the wall you put up toward others isn't.

The concept of right of way is the answer. It does not indulge in the knowledge of good and evil. It respects all persons equally. I have talked about this before. It's too much to get into now, on the end of such a post as this, but it is capable of distributing resources as people act to need them without limiting others who may want the same. It is the opposite of the legal approach that all of mankind is currently taking. Because there is no such thing as good and evil, not as you and your ilk profess. As I said in a previous post, He does want to stop us from how we seek the wrong ways of getting love, that distort and misshape us. He does not want that contorted reality for us, the one of conforming to legality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity