Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2022, 11:32 AM

4,627 posts, read 1,171,293 times

Advertisements

dave

Quote:
We were all sinners, hated by God.
Half truth. We were/are all sinners thats true, all hated by God, thats false, for God Loved some sinners Rom 5:8

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2022, 11:38 AM

dave

Quote:
He elected us from the same miserable lump as the reprobate unless you are Supralapsarian.
I agree that the elect are sinners like the reprobate, by nature, children of wrath !Eph 2:3

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

But notice in Vs 4 even then the Elect were Loved by God Eph 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

You see that ? He had Great Love for the elect even when they were dead in sin. Not hate them !

Old 09-08-2022, 12:39 PM

4,085 posts, read 872,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post
God wants his elect to repent, which they always do.
God elects those who obey Him.

Notice these people believe in Jesus and they obey, and if they keep obeying then they are really his disciples.

This scripture rebukes Calvinism and his teachings that no one can believe and obey unless already saved first.

John 8:31To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post
But he hates sin and the sinner, appointing them to destruction. “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” John 3:36 (KJV 1900)

Jesus is the author and finisher of the true believer's faith.
Jesus is the author and finisher of those who believe and obey.

Old 09-08-2022, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
jesus truth

God doesnt hate all sinners, He Loves some of them, and sent Christ to die for them Rom 5:8

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Now that cant apply to these sinners Ps 5:5

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Thats clearly two different groups of sinners !
God loves repentant sinners. I explained that to you before.

Old 09-08-2022, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
God loves repentant sinners. I explained that to you before.
God Loves unrepentant sinners when they are His Chosen in Christ. He Loved them with an everlasting Love.

Old 09-08-2022, 01:36 PM

Quote:
God elects those who obey Him.

Notice these people believe in Jesus and they obey, and if they keep obeying then they are really his disciples.

This scripture rebukes Calvinism and his teachings that no one can believe and obey unless already saved first.

John 8:31To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.

Jesus is the author and finisher of those who believe and obey.
Those who obey God were elected to that obedience.

Old 09-08-2022, 02:05 PM

Quote:
God Loves unrepentant sinners when they are His Chosen in Christ. He Loved them with an everlasting Love.
You even gave scriptures that say God hates sinners. Now you are confused because you can't make it fit with the false things you were taught.

God loves His creation, the world, He loves 'us' in general, but He doesn't love and know you personally unless you believe and obey Him.

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me,

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Psalm 91:14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Psalm 145:20 The LORD watches over all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy.

James 1:12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

Did you read what James says? That rebukes Calvinism.

The Bible tells us plainly that God KNOWS personally those who OBEY Him.

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God

No obey no known by God.

Old 09-08-2022, 02:06 PM

Quote:
No such thing.

No obey no known by God.

You say we are saved first then obey.

God says you aren't known until you obey.

Old 09-08-2022, 06:07 PM

Quote:
No such thing.

No obey no known by God.

You say we are saved first then obey.

God says you aren't known until you obey.
Election is unto Obedience 1 Pet 1:2

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

See that, Elect unto obedience. The prep unto eis:

a primary preposition; to or into (indicating the point reached or entered), of place, time, or (figuratively) purpose (result, etc.);

Election is unto results in obedience.

Old 09-08-2022, 09:42 PM

Quote:
They were elected because they obeyed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity