Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2022, 09:47 PM

4,085 posts, read 872,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Election is unto Obedience 1 Pet 1:2

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

See that, Elect unto obedience. The prep unto eis:

a primary preposition; to or into (indicating the point reached or entered), of place, time, or (figuratively) purpose (result, etc.);

Election is unto results in obedience.

The Bible tells us plainly that God KNOWS personally those who OBEY Him.

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God

No obey no known by God.

You say we are saved first then obey.

God says you aren't known until you obey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2022, 04:24 AM

923 posts, read 237,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post

No obey no known by God.

Of course He knows them. He wrote their names in the book of life before time began, from eternity. They always had eternal life as Jesus says.

Old 09-09-2022, 08:24 AM

4,625 posts, read 1,170,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post

No obey no known by God.

Again election is unto obedience, not because of obedience.

1 Pet 1:2

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Obedience follows and is resultive of election. This also proves that election isnt because of obedience. If it was, Petr no doubt would've wrote, Elect because of obedience instead of unto obedience !

Old 09-09-2022, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post
Of course He knows them. He wrote their names in the book of life before time began, from eternity. They always had eternal life as Jesus says.
Hi Dave, so did they have eternal life before they were regenerated and believed ?

Old 09-09-2022, 08:34 AM

jesus truth

Quote:

He does, since He caused their obedience. Ezk 36:27

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Thats causing obedience ! And notice its after He puts His Spirit in us. This confirms obedience is after regeneration, sanctification of the Spirit 1 Pet 1:2

However He doesnt know them personally that dont obey Him, since He never caused them to obey Him and since Christ didnt die for them !

Old 09-09-2022, 02:20 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
jesus truth
He does, since He caused their obedience. Ezk 36:27
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Thats causing obedience ! And notice its after He puts His Spirit in us. This confirms obedience is after regeneration, sanctification of the Spirit 1 Pet 1:2

However He doesnt know them personally that dont obey Him, since He never caused them to obey Him and since Christ didnt die for them !
This type of magical thinking is anathema to understanding God and the guidance of His Holy Spirit. Spirit refers to our state of mind guiding our thoughts, attitudes, and actions, NOT some magical mysterious "God thing" that happens to select people chosen by God for being good obedient believers or whatever! You can always know your state of mind so you can always know whether or not God's Holy Spirit is actually guiding you! If you are NOT in the states of mind associated with God's Holy Spirit as described, revealed, and demonstrated personally by Jesus on the Cross, you are NOT being guided by the Holy Spirit, period! Anyone who can hear about (or better yet, watch the movie "The Passion of Christ") and NOT have the Holy Spirit states of mind evoked within them is a Spirit in danger, IMO!

Philippians 2:5-30 King James Version
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

The Holy Spirit IS the True Nature of God revealed, described, and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. He IS agape love, kindness, mercy, compassion, gentleness, unconditional acceptance, empathy, sympathy, tolerance, long-suffering, decency, friendliness, peacefulness, joyfulness, understanding, care, concern, solicitude, solicitousness, sensitivity, tender-heartedness, soft-heartedness, warm-heartedness, warmth, love, brotherly love, tenderness, gentleness, mercifulness, leniency, lenience, consideration, kindness, humanity, humaneness, kind-heartedness, charity, benevolence, and He is non-judgmental.

Old 09-09-2022, 04:09 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,915,310 times
Quote:
My teacher is Paul, who wrote Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Guess who taught Paul his Gospel ?

Yes made righteous by them repenting and turning around( Acts 3:19)-washing their robes white--Each one must do that.
That is accomplished by living now to do Jesus Fathers will over our own will-Matt 7:21

Old 09-09-2022, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Yes made righteous by them repenting and turning around( Acts 3:19)-washing their robes white--Each one must do that.
That is accomplished by living now to do Jesus Fathers will over our own will-Matt 7:21
The verse tells us how the many shall be made righteous. Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Old 09-09-2022, 05:18 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Quote:
The verse tells us how the many shall be made righteous. Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
And ‘the one’ is made up of many parts

1Co 12:12**For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
1Co 12:13**For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
1Co 12:14**For the body is not one member, but many.
1Co 12:15**If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
1Co 12:16**And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
1Co 12:17**If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
1Co 12:18**But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
1Co 12:19**And if they were all one member, where were the body?
1Co 12:20**But now are they many members, yet but one body.

Joh 14:1**Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
Joh 14:2**In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3**And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Mat 6:9**After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10**Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Mat 6:11**Give us this day our daily bread.
Mat 6:12**And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Mat 6:13**And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Mat 6:14**For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
Mat 6:15**But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Old 09-09-2022, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
And ‘the one’ is made up of many parts

1Co 12:12**For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
1Co 12:13**For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
1Co 12:14**For the body is not one member, but many.
1Co 12:15**If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
1Co 12:16**And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
1Co 12:17**If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
1Co 12:18**But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
1Co 12:19**And if they were all one member, where were the body?
1Co 12:20**But now are they many members, yet but one body.

Joh 14:1**Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
Joh 14:2**In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3**And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Mat 6:9**After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10**Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Mat 6:11**Give us this day our daily bread.
Mat 6:12**And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Mat 6:13**And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Mat 6:14**For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
Mat 6:15**But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Tell me, why spam up scripture like that friend ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity