Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2010, 09:46 PM

4 posts, read 12,924 times

Advertisements

My father-in-law will be 93 in Sept. We are going to come back there as a family. His grandmother is buried at the Wolf Creek Baptist Cemetary and he would like to change her head stone. Can any one help. I can't find any contact info for the church or cemetary. He thinks the church has been moved up to the highway? Wathever that means. He wants to attend a church service while we are there 9/19/10 Also his mother ( Docia Holland) worked for Laura Ingalls Wilder. She drove the book mobil, was a libraian and teacher in the areas of Hartsville, Mansfield and Wright County. We would really like to make this a memorable trip so I would apprciate an info we can get.
Some of his family nanes are: MacIntosh,Coday,Williams, Holland. If you know of anyone in thoes areas with thoes names please let me know at kholland@londonproperties.com
Happy to hear from anyone
Thanks
Kathi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 06:54 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
There is a Wolf Creek Church (looks like fairly recent construction) on Highway 5 between Mansfield and Hartville. Not sure if that's the one you're looking for. There is a State Farm insurance group in Mansfield that has an agent, named David Coday. (417) 683-4141. I tried information to get the number of Wolf Creek Baptist Church, but there is no listing.

Last edited by tambre; 05-25-2010 at 07:07 AM..

Old 05-25-2010, 07:37 AM

12,540 posts, read 2,138,983 times
I found this information...hope it is current:
Wolf Creek Cemetary Association, 3989 Hwy AB, Mansfield, MO 65704
Wolf Creek Baptist Church, 3330 N. Highway 5, Mansfield, MO 65704
Pastor Brandon McIntosh, 221 W Columbus St, Mansfield, 417-726-3119
Hope this helps you.

Last edited by graytabbie; 05-25-2010 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: link did not appear

Old 05-26-2010, 11:18 PM

Thanks to all. I think the Pastor my be related to my father-in-law

Old 05-29-2010, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,289 times
Kathi, I think there are 2 Wolf Creek Cemeteries near Mansfield, in Wright County. I also think that both of them had a church. I'm currently trying to find out some information on these cemeteries. My great-great uncle, Henry (Henderson) Brazeal started the Wolf Creek Primitive Baptist Church, near Mansfield. However, I'm not certain which church is it. One is located north of Mansfield, on Wolf Creek Road. The church has recently been torn down there. The other is located on Hwy 60, east of Mansfield. Both are within 5 miles of Mansfield. I was told that one of the Wolf Creek Church's had about 10 members in 2006, and they did not allow instruments to be played in their worship. Right now, I believe the the church on Hwy 60 is the Primitive Baptist one, started by my family. Good luck in your research and have a wonderful vacation.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:27 PM

could not get hold of Pastor Brandon McIntosh at Wolfe Creek Free Will Baptiost Church. Near Mansfeld or Hartville Mo. If anyone knows him or anything about him, please let me know or maybe give him my contact info
kholland@londonproperties.com 559-681-0081

Old 07-15-2010, 06:14 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,655,663 times
Kathi, it was great chatting with you this afternoon. Please be sure to come back and tell us how your visit went! I'm so excited for your father-in-law and bet you will all have a blast with a warm reception from his family there!

Just to go over the links and numbers we discussed:

Ozarks Genealogical Society:
Ozarks Genealogical Society

Wright County Library in Hartville and Laura Ingalls Wilder Library:
Contact Us (http://wrightcountylibrary.org/contact/contact.htm - broken link)

To find family still in area:
White Pages, Yellow Pages, Maps and Directions on AnyWho
(Just put in a last name along with the city and state.)

Another one I thought of was the chamber of commerce. After what you told me someone said about all the McIntosh in all the businesses, I looked at the names o the officers on the chamber board and found that the treasurer named Coday!
Officers & Board : Mansfield Area Chamber of Commerce (http://www.mansfieldchamber.com/officers-board/ - broken link)
He's a State Farm Insurance agent and his website is State Farm Agent David Coday -- Ava,MO . Kewl, huh? You'll be able to see if he looks like family, too!

I also found a link for the Mansfield Historical Society:
Mansfield Area Historical Society & Museum - Welcome
They have a self-guided museum staffed with people you might want to talk to!

Okay, that's it. I can't think of anything else. Be sure you come back to this site so you can tell us about your trip. I pray your father-in-law will continue in excellent health and will be blessed by your generous gift!

Old 07-17-2010, 08:48 PM

Can't thank yu enough. I will certainly share all the happens when we get back
Thanks
Kathi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area