Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2010, 01:30 PM

77 posts, read 291,432 times

Advertisements

Hey y'all! I live very near SW end of the South Creek Greenway. The other day I was walking the dog on the greenway and I saw a young man a few hundred yards or so ahead of me carrying a fishing pole, etc... In not wanting to look like a fool (even more than I do naturally) and go chasing after him, dragging the dog along, I opted not to chase him to ask if he has ever caught anything on that creek. Does anyone know if there are fish in this creek? I've sat and stared at the water before and never seen any fish, but... Also, I've heard that the pond at Golden and Republic does have fish, but have yet to get there--same question applies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 11:48 AM

57 posts, read 165,949 times
Yes, they do have fish. My dad grew up off Golden and used to ride his bike up to that pond every day and bring home tons of fish. This was back when he'd walk outside his house and it was all fields around that area.

I don't know what condition it is in now that all the construction has happened.

Before they built all the apartments etc we went there once as a kid and all we could catch was sunfish. My dad was disappointed and said he used to catch many bass and catfish out of that pond.

He also told me stories of catching bass and catfish out of the South Creek. Nothing over a pound usually.

You can always try
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area