Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2022, 12:44 PM

248 posts, read 81,451 times

Advertisements

Jesus Truth, brightframe isn't twisting the scripture he said it you cannot obey fully god and not be children of obedience becuase when your born you do not kow God your saved by him and salvation, calm down. Were here because we have the power to love and save us by God's love over us. And Brightframe saying you can't be obeying fully if your are not bron in baptizing of water beside water their is fire know you saved and those who did not know Jesus are also saved if they couldn't have the chance and were good in the eyes of the lord.

Salvation to king lechisedek that even though he was no originally in the tribes of Israel and high priest collected tithes of Abraham he will be in heaven even he was not baptized he was good and did service to the lord. other who are not of tribes of Israel and gentiles will be in hwaven but still now that you are known to Jesus you cannot be saved and obey if your not born in his way and obey. Try to be saved by your works you cannot no matter how glamarous they are your own efforts cannot but you don't understand brightframe do not accuse of him until you know all of the information their will be no burning of the stake !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2022, 02:34 PM

4,627 posts, read 1,170,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
No scripture says we can't obey. You still have not given any such scripture, but only scriptures false teachers twisted it to say. It should bother you to believe in something that no scripture anywhere says. We have to believe God and not man.
By nature we are children of disobedience ! Eph 2:2

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

You have to be born again to obey God !

Old 09-02-2022, 03:27 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Default Do we have freewill or is it biblical ?

It is the height of irresponsibility to blame God for our decisions and choices! Thjat is NOT how Dominion works and we have been given Dominion here on earth by God's Sovereign Will!!! Stop trying to pretend you have nothing to do with who and what you are BECOMING!

Old 09-03-2022, 07:27 AM

4,085 posts, read 872,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelgabriel88 View Post
Jesus Truth, brightframe isn't twisting the scripture he said it you cannot obey fully god and not be children of obedience becuase when your born you do not kow God your saved by him and salvation, calm down.
It is from your imagine that I am not calm.

There is no scripture anywhere that says what Brightfame and you teach.

You will have to give the scripture that says what you claim, and not just give scripture you think adds up to what you believe.

I only believe what God says and not what preachers of any sect says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelgabriel88 View Post
Salvation to king lechisedek that even though he was no originally in the tribes of Israel and high priest collected tithes of Abraham he will be in heaven even he was not baptized he was good and did service to the lord. other who are not of tribes of Israel and gentiles will be in hwaven but still now that you are known to Jesus you cannot be saved and obey if your not born in his way and obey. Try to be saved by your works you cannot no matter how glamarous they are your own efforts cannot but you don't understand brightframe do not accuse of him until you know all of the information their will be no burning of the stake !!!
Looks like you falsely accused me of something you need to do, and that is to calm down.

Give the scripture for what you say, for if what you teach is not in the Bible then the Bible says it is not from God.

Old 09-03-2022, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
By nature we are children of disobedience ! Eph 2:2

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
That does not mean we can't believe and obey God when we hear His gospel.

Give the scripture that says what you claim and not scriptures that don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
You have to be born again to obey God !
No such thing in the Bible that says you have to be born again to obey God.

Jesus tells us we have to repent and believe.

Old 09-03-2022, 08:03 AM

248 posts, read 81,451 times
No, no, no, Jesustruth ! Do not mix with what brightframe and me I have not read all the post he posted and secondly I agree with you what you say about those who were not born before Jesus are saved even if they were not baptized they are saved. Do not mix what we say that is what scandoulos people and liars do mixing one thing with another and saying we say the same thing whici I started the question of freewill and discuss about it !

No way i'm starting A religion niether, your mixing things up. People who dind't know god before Jesus would be saved if they were good in the eyes of the lord ! but that now that the world knows Jesus people cannot be saved unless baptized simple. We do not decide who is and not you or me or brightframe will. You cannot be saved on your own efforts only thru Jesus when your baptized and it is done ! Will write more later !

Old 09-03-2022, 11:22 AM

Quote:

Give the scripture that says what you claim and not scriptures that don't.

No such thing in the Bible that says you have to be born again to obey God.

Jesus tells us we have to repent and believe.
Yes it is, you have to be born again to repent, obey, believe. None of those spiritual actions can be performed by the unregenerate natural man in the flesh. They are dead to God !

Old 09-03-2022, 11:24 AM

jesus truth

Quote:
Yes it does mean that. Apart from new birth we are as the children of disobedience. Man cannot reverse that !

Old 09-03-2022, 12:27 PM

9,895 posts, read 1,263,470 times
Quote:
We have to obey.
Our Calvinist friends on this forum say different. They claim obedience is works. You can show them plainly written verses where Jesus says we must obey, and they will deny His words.

Honestly, it’s a waste of time to argue with these people. When you show them a Scripture that a fifth grader can understand, the Calvinist will twist it to mean something completely different.

Sometimes we simply need to take Jesus’ advice and shake the dust.

Old 09-03-2022, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
Our Calvinist friends on this forum say different. They claim obedience is works.
Obedience is works. It just isn't the works Paul is speaking against.

Quote:
You can show them plainly written verses where Jesus says we must obey, and they will deny His words.
I am trying to help them from the snare of the devil.

Quote:

Honestly, it’s a waste of time to argue with these people.
To me it is never ever a waste of time to talk about God's truth, for even if I am the only one benefiting right now. I can't say no one else is benefiting, for many come to read and might not say.

There is nothing I would rather do than contend for the faith and talk about God and the Bible.

Quote:

When you show them a Scripture that a fifth grader can understand, the Calvinist will twist it to mean something completely different.
They might hear something and believe though.

Quote:

Sometimes we simply need to take Jesus’ advice and shake the dust.
They want to discuss with me, so I see no reason to stop.

Matthew 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

It is not like they are trying to throw me out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity