Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2022, 07:52 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
The only option for a dead sinner is that God mercifully makes them alive, other than that, they will remain dead to God, and there is no freewill to change that.
When the Holy Spirit draws a man to Christ it is not the same thing as regeneration.

The person who is thus drawn has the option of rejecting Christ.

Thus, in the moments that they are being drawn, they have free will.

Jos 24:15, And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Rev 22:17, And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2022, 08:53 AM

4,627 posts, read 1,171,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
When the Holy Spirit draws a man to Christ it is not the same thing as regeneration.

The person who is thus drawn has the option of rejecting Christ.

Thus, in the moments that they are being drawn, they have free will.

Jos 24:15, And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Rev 22:17, And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
Drawing to Christ is making them alive, they are no longer dead in sin. However prior to drawing or making alive, man is dead in sin, his will is dead in sin.

Old 03-11-2022, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Drawing to Christ is making them alive, they are no longer dead in sin. However prior to drawing or making alive, man is dead in sin, his will is dead in sin.
Drawing to Christ only provides the opportunity for a soul to be made alive.

If the person being drawn to Christ actually surrenders their heart to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, it is at that point that they are made alive.

Old 03-14-2022, 11:33 AM

Quote:

If the person being drawn to Christ actually surrenders their heart to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, it is at that point that they are made alive.
That's where you wrong, drawing to Christ is the New Birth and making alive, giving the new heart that desires Christ.

Old 03-14-2022, 01:48 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
The drawing to Christ is the sowing of our Spirit by the Father. But what we sow is NOT quickened except we die (1Cor 15:35-36). We are growing and developing "in Christ" but we are not "born aain" until we physically die.

Old 03-14-2022, 08:54 PM

Quote:
That's where you wrong, drawing to Christ is the New Birth and making alive, giving the new heart that desires Christ.
I'm sorry but if you have not surrendered your heart to Christ, you are not born again; not even if you have felt inclinations towards believing in Christ.

It is surrender that brings a man to cross over from death unto everlasting life.

If someone is drawn to Christ, i.e. they feel an inclination towards faith and / or they are sitting in a church and their heart is beating faster during an altar call; they are not born again until and unless they actually confess Christ before men by going forward and surrendering their life to Christ.

If they are drawn to Christ but do not make a decision to surrender their lives to Him, I'm sorry, they are not born again.

Old 03-14-2022, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The drawing to Christ is the sowing of our Spirit by the Father. But what we sow is NOT quickened except we die (1Cor 15:35-36). We are growing and developing "in Christ" but we are not "born aain" until we physically die.
A person is born again (has passed from death unto everlasting life) from the moment of first genuine faith (John 5:24).

If a person dies they do not have any more opportunity to be born again; for their being judged is the next thing on their plate (Hebrews 9:27).

Old 03-14-2022, 10:18 PM

Quote:
A person is born again (has passed from death unto everlasting life) from the moment of first genuine faith (John 5:24).

If a person dies they do not have any more opportunity to be born again; for their being judged is the next thing on their plate (Hebrews 9:27).
Virtually everything you believe and have been taught is wrong, brother. You believe in a War God, NOT Jesus Christ. You will regret it mightily, brother.

Old 03-15-2022, 07:28 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry but if you have not surrendered your heart to Christ, you are not born again; not even if you have felt inclinations towards believing in Christ.

It is surrender that brings a man to cross over from death unto everlasting life.

If someone is drawn to Christ, i.e. they feel an inclination towards faith and / or they are sitting in a church and their heart is beating faster during an altar call; they are not born again until and unless they actually confess Christ before men by going forward and surrendering their life to Christ.

If they are drawn to Christ but do not make a decision to surrender their lives to Him, I'm sorry, they are not born again.
drawing to Christ is the New Birth and making alive, giving the new heart that desires Christ and follows Christ.

Old 03-15-2022, 12:01 PM

Quote:

This is entirely human imagination based on human ignorance and superstition. We BEGIN our life "in Christ" as an embryo begins its life as a human when we are drawn in love to Christ. We are never "born again" while still alive in physical form(1Cor 15:35-36).

Faith in Jesus is justified because He DID save us. But our salvation does NOT depend on it because we have nothing to do with our salvation. Jesus did it 2,022+years ago and it is finished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity