Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2022, 05:27 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Perfectly stated. I have to be brutally honest, that was my initial experience too. It is as if the moment you join a church and you are all new to it all, it is all about the Bible and their interpretation of it, by the time you know it, you are indoctrinated and the Bible becomes your life and the only use of the Spirit is to teach you the Bible.
Praise God, you escaped from the indoctrination, Pcamps. There is no substitute for knowing Jesus and God as they actually are instead of as our primitive ancestors thought they were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2022, 05:27 PM

248 posts, read 81,451 times
People the question do we have freewill ? is it biblical ?

Their is no word in hebrew that is freewill you need to put 2 hebrews for that and the concept is that they have A decision and choice to do good or evil and God gave it. Question did the enemy had A choice becaus of his rebellion. I don't like the devil and do not want to say but he ahd A choice and he did bad and good. The nature of good and evil or conscience of existence the choice ? People just make things more simple just do good and put htings in God's ahnds and he will make your choice over the apth he agve the power to move it and do good not bad.

Old 02-24-2022, 07:34 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You have misidentified your Savior as the Bible when your Savior is actually Jesus Christ, God Himself. You were brought to the Bible when you were most receptive to whatever in it resonated with your Spirit. That was God, NOT the Bible. As long as you believe Jesus is our Savior, it does not matter why you think so because IT IS TRUE. I admire your zeal and knowledge of the scriptures.

I wish you would interpret the scriptures using the God of agape love and forgiveness Divinely Revealed by Jesus (God Himself) on the Cross instead of the interpretations of our primitive ancestors using their wrathful and vengeful War God. With your knowledge, you would be an awesome evangel of Christ instead of an accuser of the brethren.
The scriptures are they which testify of Jesus (John 5:39-40).

It is written of Him in the volume of the Book (Hebrews 10:7).

I am no accuser of the brethren. It is the Holy Spirit's job to convict the world of sin and of righteousness and of judgment.

Jesus has not saved those who do not believe in Him; such are not among the brethren.

Old 02-24-2022, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
The scriptures are they which testify of Jesus (John 5:39-40).
It is written of Him in the volume of the Book (Hebrews 10:7).
You draw so many WRONG implications from these verses that simply inform us that there are scriptures that testify of Jesus. It does NOT imply that EVERYTHING testifies about Jesus that MEN decided was scripture or that the Holy Spirit inspired everything that MEN decided was scripture. Nor does it mean that any scripture that was inspired by the Holy Spirit was interpreted using the Holy Spirit.
Quote:
I am no accuser of the brethren. It is the Holy Spirit's job to convict the world of sin and of righteousness and of judgment.
Jesus has not saved those who do not believe in Him; such are not among the brethren.
The Holy Spirit comprises specific states of mind that are evoked when they hear about the passion of Christ. It is those states of mind that convict us, NOT some mysterious magical wrathful and vengeful judgment of sin. You have seen the states of mind that are associated with the presence of the Holy Spirit as Divinely Revealed by Jesus.

If you have ever watched the movie The Passion of Christ, you would also know firsthand what states of mind are evoked. You have no excuse for continuing to pretend that the wrathful and vengeful interpretations and warnings of scripture are compatible and consistent with the Holy Spirit because as you say, that would be a lie from the (nonexistent) pit of Hell and Satan.

Old 02-24-2022, 08:35 PM

640 posts, read 449,063 times
Default It's not that difficult to grasp

We have free will, absolutely. At the same time, God already knows what we will choose to do, because He is not constrained by time. So, you do your choosing, but everything is already arranged to fit with what you will decide. Not that complicated.

Old 02-25-2022, 01:02 PM

4,627 posts, read 1,170,418 times
Quote:
Your not answering the question is what is evasive...

If you answer the question we can go from there.
Where's the scripture that says man has a freewill? Rom 10-9-10ff certainly says nothing about man has freewill like you posted!

Old 02-25-2022, 01:06 PM

4,627 posts, read 1,170,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik33 View Post
We have free will, absolutely. At the same time, God already knows what we will choose to do, because He is not constrained by time. So, you do your choosing, but everything is already arranged to fit with what you will decide. Not that complicated.
Please show me the scripture that says man has a freewill. Man is dead spiritually and a slave to sin by nature. God is not constrained by time but man is constrained by sin naturally.

Old 02-25-2022, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Where's the scripture that says man has a freewill? Rom 10-9-10ff certainly says nothing about man has freewill like you posted!
Answer the question...

Old 02-25-2022, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You draw so many WRONG implications from these verses that simply inform us that there are scriptures that testify of Jesus. It does NOT imply that EVERYTHING testifies about Jesus that MEN decided was scripture or that the Holy Spirit inspired everything that MEN decided was scripture. Nor does it mean that any scripture that was inspired by the Holy Spirit was interpreted using the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit comprises specific states of mind that are evoked when they hear about the passion of Christ. It is those states of mind that convict us, NOT some mysterious magical wrathful and vengeful judgment of sin. You have seen the states of mind that are associated with the presence of the Holy Spirit as Divinely Revealed by Jesus.

If you have ever watched the movie The Passion of Christ, you would also know firsthand what states of mind are evoked. You have no excuse for continuing to pretend that the wrathful and vengeful interpretations and warnings of scripture are compatible and consistent with the Holy Spirit because as you say, that would be a lie from the (nonexistent) pit of Hell and Satan.
It is written of Jesus in the volume of the book (Hebrews 10:7); that means, every word in the book (that I carry in my hand) is about Jesus in some way, shape, or form.

When I watch the move the Passion of the Christ, I recognize that Jesus died on that Cross to pay the penalty for my sin. And it evokes within me thoughts of love to think that He paid so high a price to pay a debt He did not owe; because I owed a debt that I could not pay.

Old 02-25-2022, 08:27 PM

Quote:
It is written of Jesus in the volume of the book (Hebrews 10:7); that means, every word in the book (that I carry in my hand) is about Jesus in some way, shape, or form.
That is your fallible human interpretation probably taught to you by other fallible humans but that is NOT what it says. You operate on a lot of fallible human assumptions about the Bible and Jesus that have no basis in anything Jesus taught, described, divinely revealed, or unambiguously demonstrated about God's True Nature of agape love and forgiveness on the Cross.
Quote:
When I watch the move the Passion of the Christ, I recognize that Jesus died on that Cross to pay the penalty for my sin. And it evokes within me thoughts of love to think that He paid so high a price to pay a debt He did not owe; because I owed a debt that I could not pay.
I am saddened that your state of mind from watching the Passion of the Christ is all about YOU and YOUR LIFE! I am not happy about the prospects for your Spirit if that is the state of your soul. If you would save your life you will lose it, brother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity