Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2016, 03:16 PM

63,977 posts, read 40,262,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why ask, when everyone already knows I believe He died for our sins, and it was done according to God's plan.
That is sufficiently ambiguous that I can accept it as well, Finn. I would use the alternate definition of "for" as "because of" but otherwise I agree it was part of God's plan but NOT demanded by Him to appease Him. Jesus simply accomplished what none of us COULD and therefore connected all of us to God permanently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 03:23 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,369,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
You err in not understanding that the One who was standing there speaking only what He heard His Father speak, was not Jesus the son of man, but the Christ Seed son of G-d, who was slain from the foundation of the world, already, and the Father, who was IN CHRIST reconciling all men unto Him. Yet it PLEASED THE FATHER, that He bruise Him for ALL MEN IN ALL AGES to see and understand via the cross. Which is why it's foolishness to them that perish. Peace
In other words Jesus was and is a walking bible ?

Old 09-05-2016, 04:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,426,926 times
Quote:
You err in not understanding that the One who was standing there speaking only what He heard His Father speak, was not Jesus the son of man, but the Christ Seed son of G-d, who was slain from the foundation of the world, already, and the Father, who was IN CHRIST reconciling all men unto Him. Yet it PLEASED THE FATHER, that He bruise Him for ALL MEN IN ALL AGES to see and understand via the cross. Which is why it's foolishness to them that perish. Peace
There is no doubt that he was slain from the foundation of humanity, as most are in opposition. And their only desire is to use him as a scapegoat without taking any responsibility for their own thoughts and actions. Now, let me see if you can bruise yourself with a little humility without the foolishness. Nowhere does he say that "he paid your debt as a substitute," except within the minds of those who would crucify him as their ultimate sacrifice.

Beware of the fig-tree that has an abundance of leaves, but no fruit.

Last edited by Jerwade; 09-05-2016 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: Font

Old 09-05-2016, 04:15 PM

Love has no boundaries, it does not aspire to control; and it is not oppressive.

You cannot love God, if you do not love your neighbor as yourself.
And, No One is above anyone else, unless they exalt themselves.

Old 09-05-2016, 04:42 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,955,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why ask, when everyone already knows I believe He died for our sins, and it was done according to God's plan.

It is somewhat ironic that you demand answers while refusing to answer any yourself How did you learn about His death, and do you consider it an important event? How many times do I have to ask?
Apparently as many times as you refuse to accept the answer you have been given.

Old 09-05-2016, 04:45 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,064,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
There is no doubt that he was slain from the foundation of humanity, as most are in opposition. And their only desire is to use him as a scapegoat without taking any responsibility for their own thoughts and actions. Now, let me see if you can bruise yourself with a little humility without the foolishness. Nowhere does he say that "he paid your debt as a substitute," except within the minds of those who would crucify him as their ultimate sacrifice.

You do err, not knowing the scriptures....

John 11: 49 And one of them, [named] Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all, 50 Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not. 51 And THIS SPAKE HE NOT OF HIMSELF: but being high priest that year, he PROPHESIED THAT JESUS SHOULD DIE FOR THAT NATION; 52 AND NOT FOR THAT NATION ONLY, BUT THAT ALSO HE SHOULD GATHER TOGETHER IN ONE the children of God that were scattered abroad.

From WHOSE Spirit does prophecy come?

Heb. 9: 7 But into the second [went] the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and [for] the errors of the people: 8 The HOLY GHOST this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the FIRST TABERNALCE WAS YET STANDING:

His body WAS the first tabernacle yet standing....and Who was it above that came on the day of Pentecost to take us into the Holy of Holies?

Heb 9: 12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal REDEMPTION [for us]. ...

Redemption means, redeemed from SIN, an offering which requires BLOOD

14 How much more shall the BLOOD of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit OFFERED HIMSELF without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? 15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that BY MEANS OF DEATH, FOR THE REDEMPTION OF THE TRANSGRESSIONS [that were] under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

16 For where a testament [is], there must also OF NECESSITY be the death of the testator. ...

22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and WITHOUT SHEDDING OF BLOOD. 23 [It was] therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

Like it or not, the gospel IS, the DEATH, burial and resurrection of Christ, and we are told if any man, even an angel of light comes preaching another gospel, from such turn away.

A fig tree that has no fruit is cursed and withered, and no more leaves are possible, yet one that is not cursed thrives and flourishes with new leaves despite men's inability to see the fruit with their carnal reasoning and lust of the eyes. Peace

Old 09-05-2016, 04:53 PM

Quote:
And, You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal or everlasting life.
Or, some kind of special knowledge, which isn't present from what I have been reading.

Old 09-05-2016, 05:03 PM

63,977 posts, read 40,262,899 times
Quote:
You do have a poetic streak, Jer!
Quote:
Quote:
And, You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal or everlasting life.
Or, some kind of special knowledge, which isn't present from what I have been reading.
Amen!!!

Old 09-05-2016, 05:07 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,757,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Apparently as many times as you refuse to accept the answer you have been given.
You have given me zero answers, except that you do not think it is important.

I have seen enough of your chicken-dances, so I won't bother again.

Old 09-05-2016, 05:09 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,757,078 times
Quote:
And you search them until you find some ignorant, barbaric, supersticious nonsense to quote.

Why bother?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity