Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2016, 07:25 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,716,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Should we show those who believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster respect?
I said all we can do is hope for even a fraction of respect, but in many cases it is too much to ask for.

You proved my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2016, 07:46 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,174,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I said all we can do is hope for even a fraction of respect, but in many cases it is too much to ask for.

You proved my point.
Define respect? My beef is not with those who silently practice religion. It can be a way to cope with uncertainty. My beef is with those that publically espouse their religion as evidence based and only presents the warm fuzzy parts. The fact that you are offended when someone challenges the evidence and assertions of your religion, is your fault. You have your church and relationships for unchallenged comfort. Here, you should expect the challenges and condemnation of religions in the public sector. While I'm new here, you personally, seem like a decent person. Try not to take criticism of your God so personally, though I know personally, it is difficult.

Old 09-07-2016, 08:01 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,261,976 times
Quote:
Define respect? My beef is not with those who silently practice religion. It can be a way to cope with uncertainty. My beef is with those that publically espouse their religion as evidence based and only presents the warm fuzzy parts. The fact that you are offended when someone challenges the evidence and assertions of your religion, is your fault. You have your church and relationships for unchallenged comfort. Here, you should expect the challenges and condemnation of religions in the public sector. While I'm new here, you personally, seem like a decent person. Try not to take criticism of your God so personally, though I know personally, it is difficult.
I am wondering how they define FRACTION?

Old 09-07-2016, 08:02 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,261,976 times
Quote:
Should we show those who believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster respect? As far as I'm concerned, I'm not attacking your God, he does not exist, I'm exposing what the bible really says about this mythical being, so many mistakenly claim to be a righteous being.

Equally mindboggling is that many now attempt to distance Jesus from this being in order to disassociate him from the horrific character he really is.
Why would one NOT respect the FSM disciples? There is just as much "proof" the FSM exists as here is proof any other god exists..

Old 09-07-2016, 12:39 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,817,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Hear the voice of Jesus And LISTEN to the Holy Spirit...
Yeah, I've done that and still disagree with you.

Old 09-07-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Rubbish, Your lying evangelical Fathers taught you that. Jesus forgave without the shedding of blood. This is another case of a fundamentalist not using the bible literally only when it does not defend the false beliefs that they were nurtured on.
I'm done with you, not because of your argument, but because of your anger and rudeness.

Old 09-07-2016, 12:43 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,942,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Yeah, I've done that and still disagree with you.
And what is the fruit of that listening?

Old 09-07-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
My are you not judgmental.

If you knew the God I serve, you would experience life more abundantly...
You mean Jesus, who spoke of the Father we read about in the OT?

Old 09-07-2016, 12:48 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,341,225 times
Quote:
You mean Jesus, who spoke of the Father we read about in the OT?
You mean the Father who spoke through him a little over 2000 years ago ?

I and the Father are one."

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

Old 09-07-2016, 12:51 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,341,225 times
Quote:
I'm done with you, not because of your argument, but because of your anger and rudeness.
No anger Jimmie, just telling you like it is. Jesus forgave a man without the shedding of blood and told him go in peace, yet you conveniently refuse to see it, but embrace what you have been taught that a future shedding of blood was applied to the man forgiven at that present moment. There is no scriptural support for that.

God gave Jesus Christ up to carnal minded man knowing he needed blood shed, because that was the system that carnal minded man put in place to appease their own conscience. They couldn't believe the seventy times seven system(the more excellent way)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity