Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2016, 06:38 AM

4,765 posts, read 2,001,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Evangelicals are aware of the HATE, OPPRESSION and other tyrannical verses...I have no need to prove your version of the God I know is wrong...
If you make an accusation about God, you certainly do have to back it up. Maybe your problem is that you don't really understand the verses you are using.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 06:42 AM

4,765 posts, read 2,001,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

Even your version of God must be ACCOUNTABLE for temper tantrums...
When that Jew stood before God, he did not shake his finger at God and say, "you treated me unjustly." He fell on his knees and said, Thank you, now I understand."

Old 09-08-2016, 06:51 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,369,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Jesus did not forgive the sins of the woman caught in adultery, God did---Jn 14:10.

What can't be defended is that the Bible MUST always be taken literally---Jn 16:25.
Wow, who is this that forgives sins ? ...... you sound just like your forefathers, and you know who Jesus said they were of.

Old 09-08-2016, 06:52 AM

Quote:
I don't go by what was said, I go by what the Bible says.

The second death refers to the evil ones who did not accept Jesus as their Savior---Rev 21:8
You go by what the rest of the fundies go by...... what you have been taught.

Old 09-08-2016, 07:16 AM

Quote:
God holds our sins against us until we confess them That is the only way to be forgiven. Do you really think God overlooks our sins and says, "So what, everyone else is doing, have fun?"
Not at all, unforgiveness is of the flesh and if we sow to the flesh "FROM THE FLESH"(Not from God) we reap it's just reward......corruption..... read it it's in your bible. Have you ever seen someone who is riddled with unforgiveness and bitterness?...... they actually look corrupted.

Yes i do believe God over looks sin...... Do you want the scripture for it that says exactly that ?

I will give you this one first and if you want to be corrected i will share with you the New Testament verse that states exactly that which you deny.

Lord if YOU marked our transgressions who would stand? Psalm 130:3

It is you bible fundamentalists that hold the world over a barrel of unforgiveness NOT God, while you excuse yourselves with your beliefs about blood sacrifices and doctrines of men such as OSAS.

Old 09-08-2016, 07:24 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,834,460 times
Quote:
God can forgive sins without the shedding of blood.
Explain.

Old 09-08-2016, 07:26 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,834,460 times
Quote:
When that Jew stood before God, he did not shake his finger at God and say, "you treated me unjustly." He fell on his knees and said, Thank you, now I understand."
Exactly!

Job 40

Then the Lord said to Job,
“Will the faultfinder contend with the Almighty?
Let him who reproves God answer it.”
Then Job answered the Lord and said,
“Behold, I am insignificant; what can I reply to You?
I lay my hand on my mouth.
“Once I have spoken, and I will not answer;
Even twice, and I will add nothing more.”

Old 09-08-2016, 07:54 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,955,553 times
Quote:
The new command is very limited when we considered the whole Bible.

Fro your post it is obvious that we disagree on some things, How do you know that what the Spirit told me is not the truth?
The New Commandment is UNlimited as the basis for the New Covenant. You miss this because you try to shoehorn in the whole history of the development of that perception found in what we call the Old Testament. That won't work.

Once again, I know by the fruit of your doctrines.

Old 09-08-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Jesus is that God. If you criticize the God of he OT, you criticize Jesus as well.
ANYone who can't see the difference is deluding themselves for the sake of a doctrine concerning authority that makes no sense in itself, and flies in the face of the promised authority promised IN the book claimed as authority, but clearly not followed in THIS matter.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:00 AM

Quote:
That does not answer the question when we both have the Spirit of God within, but disagree on something.
If you both have searched your hearts and tried to understand each other but still disagree, then one of you does not have that Spirit and it will show in the fruit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity