Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2016, 01:06 PM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No it is not a put down at all, that is just you being sensitive because you know all you have is a belief system that somehow you think is a free ticket to heaven. The more i read and see this free pass to heaven belief the more ridiculous it appears.
That is more than amusing. Eph 2:8 says salvation is a GIFT. Gifts are FREE.

Rom 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death, but the FREE GIFT of God is eternal life.

The Holy Spirit is a gift---Acts 38.

Being justified is a gift of grace---Rom 3:24
Righteousness is a gift---Rom 5:17
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
So i have already answered this question and you have already acknowledged that i did, why are you asking me to answer the same question again. Are you going to keep your end of the deal and answer my question ?.
You are right you did answer part of it, but your answer was wrong.

Old 09-24-2016, 01:14 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You have endless patience, but as you can see from the responses they have not understood a single thing you have said. Or maybe they pretend they cannot understand
Oh, we understand it alright, but it is NOT going by what scripture says, it is reading into it what you WANT to believe. You are saying thgat those people who have claimed Jesus as Lord are trying to lie to him in the judgement...... not likely is it? MUCH more likely that they really believed that they had done the things they said, but with bad motives, as in "Having the form of religion but denying its power." If you don't know of people who sincerely believe they are prophesying and receiving guidance from the Spirit, but demonstrate an absolute failure of love in their lives and teaching, I do.

The simple fact that some people profess faith in Christ but fail to show the fruit of the Spirit is demonstrated in this passage and refusal to understand that is simply based on a desire to uphold failed theology.

Old 09-24-2016, 01:18 PM

Quote:
So you make up the rules as you go along. You demand answers from me to a question you never asked, then i answered you when you finally did ask me the question, then promised you would answer my question as a result of answering yours, which i am still waiting then you expect me to answer another question. Atheists put you fundamentalists to shame in the way you debate. They never shy away from answering anything and don't wet their knickers when you disagree with them.
Why don't you learn to discuss without your snotty remarks. Stick to the subject or forget hearing from me.

Your reading comprehension of the scriptures is out of whack, Jesus was telling his disciples, even though they are not of us, if they were not against him, they were for him. You fundamentalist cannot accept this, you want everyone to be of you, believing exactly what you do, and if they don't they do not have a free pass to heaven[/quote]

God back and read tee verse and if you read it slow enough you see that it is your reading comprehesion that is our of whack. Jesus did not say he was not of Him. In facct His answer implied they were..

It would be a great benefit for you if you would read what Jesus says, instead of what men say.

Old 09-24-2016, 01:19 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Oh, we understand it alright, but it is NOT going by what scripture says, it is reading into it what you WANT to believe. You are saying thgat those people who have claimed Jesus as Lord are trying to lie to him in the judgement...... not likely is it? MUCH more likely that they really believed that they had done the things they said, but with bad motives, as in "Having the form of religion but denying its power." If you don't know of people who sincerely believe they are prophesying and receiving guidance from the Spirit, but demonstrate an absolute failure of love in their lives and teaching, I do.

The simple fact that some people profess faith in Christ but fail to show the fruit of the Spirit is demonstrated in this passage and refusal to understand that is simply based on a desire to uphold failed theology.

Old 09-24-2016, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
And you ALWAYS stop with that verse as if it were the whole story. Read the passage through to the point that it is a characteristic of "those who earnestly seek Him."
The characteristic of those with faith, does not change the definition.

Old 09-24-2016, 01:24 PM

Quote:
I really should not be answering this question considering you demand answers(Finn Jarber trait) without lifting a finger to answer the ones put to you, then you claim 4 pages later that you have. How do you live with yourself. You remind me of an Irish friend of mine who when we played golf, who always cheated on his numbers when playing golf, he was only cheating himself.

Salvation is when we hit the mark instead of missing it. It is victory over the hold missing the mark has had over us. It's got nothing at all to do with going to heaven

Luke 1
Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

That we should be saved from our enemies( not eternal hell,our enemies), and from the hand of all that hate us

Your enemy is not eternal, it is not flesh and blood, it is everything from the spirit realm that rises up against YOU to cause you to stray from the way that Jesus Christ set before us. This is the way walk in it, be of good cheer i have overcome and defeated that enemy that wars against you and causes you to stray.
Re-post this without you nasty remarks and I will respond.

Old 09-24-2016, 01:26 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
It shows that there is more to "faith" than you are willing to admit.

Old 09-24-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
But the old testament saints did not receive a grace gift, they lived by the faith that we all possess. Again you are showing you are a closed shop when it comes to being reasonable and having the capacity to read the scriptures beyond what you have assumed and determined to be right.

Ps 84:11 - For the Lord God is a sun and a shield. The Lord give grace and glory...

Learn to do a little research befor you pop off.

Not only that, there are example sof grace throughout the OT, if you can understand the Bible.

Old 09-24-2016, 04:04 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
The greatest test of faith is that of love, where you don't get what you want; but you are still able to say, I love you. It is through love that faith reveals and proves itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity