Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2016, 03:09 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,504,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Now is all of the Bible true?
According to the various perceptions of men, which were not the thoughts of God.
However, there are some things that inspire us to move beyond the foolishness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 04:57 PM

76,959 posts, read 47,873,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Yes, Finn, it's about using the HS to deny the words the HS wrote. Get it straight, will ya? Peace
It's easy to say "the spirit told me the Bible is garbage".

Old 09-04-2016, 04:58 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,995,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He won't answer because he has tried and failed in the past. No one has been able to offer a valid answer. He said there is nothing in the Bible which condemns slavery, and I told him that Exodus 21:16 states, “Anyone who kidnaps someone is to be put to death, whether the victim has been sold or is still in the kidnapper’s possession.” Americans and Europeans kidnapped people from Africa and brought them here to work as slaves, and the bible condemns such behavior. I also told him it violates "love your neighbor" commandment. Thirdly I mentioned Paul said "do not become slaves of other people". He was against slavery.
And THEN you were shown that that does NOT condemn slavery and that other passages concerning how to treat slaves clearly support the institution itself, which you had to acknowledge, and THEN you said that the golden rule covers it.

You have an AMAZINGLY selective memory, Finn.

However, I will give you credit fpr one thing: you don't try to pass off the idea that there is really nothing wrong with slavery itself as some do when put into the same position.

Old 09-04-2016, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
And THEN you were shown that that does NOT condemn slavery and that other passages concerning how to treat slaves clearly support the institution itself, which you had to acknowledge, and THEN you said that the golden rule covers it.

You have an AMAZINGLY selective memory, Finn.

However, I will give you credit fpr one thing: you don't try to pass off the idea that there is really nothing wrong with slavery itself as some do when put into the same position.
Sorry Nate, but you lose when you claim there is nothing in the Bible which condemns slavery, and then someone proves you dead wrong by quoting some verses which condemn it.

It is what it is.

So, how do you know about the death of Jesus? Is his death an important event?

Old 09-04-2016, 05:32 PM

Quote:
So, how did you learn about the death of Christ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
He came to me when I was sleeping and in prison.

Quote:
So, the story about His crucifixion just popped into your head while you were in prison.
No, it was the light that revealed the darkness for what is.
And, the religious bondage of men could not hold me.

Old 09-04-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Apparently, you are the only one saying that?

Old 09-04-2016, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Is his death an important event?
The Pinnacle of Sin and Death is the highest culminating point of man’s Religion.

Old 09-04-2016, 05:52 PM

Quote:
No, it was the light that revealed the darkness for what is.
And, the religious bondage of men could not hold me.
I asked you how you learned about His death, so I guess you avoided answering once again. No surprise there.

Have a nice day.

Old 09-04-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Apparently, you are the only one saying that?
Ok, lets use the actual words then: ignorant, barbaric, superstitious.....etc, etc......

Old 09-04-2016, 05:56 PM

64,148 posts, read 40,492,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
it's about using the HS to identify the inspirations the HS gave to the ignorant men who interpreted them from the ideations of the men themselves and their religious leaders. Get it straight, will ya?
Quote:
Yes, it is easy to say. That must be why you say it and then attribute it to others who did NOT say it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity