Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2016, 03:35 PM
Status: "Anyone who really wants the truth ends up at Jesus." (set 15 days ago)

20,526 posts, read 13,031,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I know you don't think that people who don't know the bible don't know love, joy, peace, etc., so it doesn't make sense for you to say that.
Has nothing to do with those (good) things. Has everything to do with Jesus and his mission being revealed through scripture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 03:41 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,144,928 times
And further, I would add that all those things have their equivalents in the carnal flesh of man, but that doesn't mean they originated with His Spirit, because those things are found IN THE HOLY GHOST. Peace

Old 09-01-2016, 03:50 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,564,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You would not even know that ^^^ about Him without scripture.
Jimmie, may I ask you to tell us what you believe about Jesus' nature/character, based on reading about Jesus in the bible?

Old 09-01-2016, 03:55 PM

64,266 posts, read 40,896,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are stating the obvious and pretending it is some catch-all defense of the Bible. How we know ABOUT Jesus has nothing to do with what we are supposed to do now that we know about Him. His message and instructions to us are more important than the source of the information. You are worshiping and revering the source and ignoring His direct instructions to His disciples to love God and each other every day and repent when we don't.
Quote:
Jimmie, if you know anything of love, mercy, peace, joy, patience, kindness, gentleness, self-control, etc. in your life, then you know the Christ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I see that you have been reading your Bible and learned about the fruits of the Spirit. This is a good start
She has always known about them, but unlike you, she actually believes the Holy Spirit and uses the fruits as the standard of God's truth to test the spirit of everything in the Bible.
Quote:
Has nothing to do with those (good) things. Has everything to do with Jesus and his mission being revealed through scripture.
I guess you don't realize you just rejected the fruits of the Holy Spirit. Could be dicey, jimmie, since we don't know what blaspheming the Holy Spirit actually means. No wonder you are so far from understanding God and Jesus in your obsessive reverence for the Bible.

Old 09-01-2016, 04:02 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,496,054 times
Quote:
Your reading comprehension is poor. Read again what I said earlier.
You said we (no one) would ever know Jesus without the bible. Ergo, we (everyone) would only know evil and hate...since those who know Jesus know (aka DO) good and LOVE....

Old 09-01-2016, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
You said we (no one) would ever know Jesus without the bible. Ergo, we (everyone) would only know evil and hate...since those who know Jesus know (aka DO) good and LOVE....
Yes
What?
Yes

Old 09-01-2016, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Jimmie, may I ask you to tell us what you believe about Jesus' nature/character, based on reading about Jesus in the bible?

Jesus said He was the bread of life and the living bread (Matt. 6:35, 48, 51). He was the light of the world (John 8:12). Jesus was the good shepherd (John 10:11, 14). Jesus outright claimed to be the Son of God (John 10:36). He also liked to call himself the Son of man (Matthew 20:28). He said He was the way, the truth and the life (John 14:6).

Old 09-01-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Jesus said He was the bread of life and the living bread (Matt. 6:35, 48, 51). He was the light of the world (John 8:12). Jesus was the good shepherd (John 10:11, 14). Jesus outright claimed to be the Son of God (John 10:36). He also liked to call himself the Son of man (Matthew 20:28). He said He was the way, the truth and the life (John 14:6).
Okay. That's not what I was asking you. I'm wondering if you can describe the nature/character of Jesus based on what you've read in the bible. In other words, what do you believe is true about what kind of person he was?

Old 09-01-2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Okay. That's not what I was asking you. I'm wondering if you can describe the nature/character of Jesus based on what you've read in the bible. In other words, what do you believe is true about what kind of person he was?
Yes, I know what you were asking. It's a trick question.

Old 09-01-2016, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Yes, I know what you were asking. It's a trick question.
It is? In what way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity