Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2016, 01:45 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,813,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
If you know the Christ, then you know about Jesus, right?
You & I know about Jesus the Christ because of the scriptures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You are missing the point it's about the Life not the man with the beard. Jesus would never have you falling at his feet worshipping him like he was a graven image. He( Jesus) said seek the kingdom of God, he also told us where to find it...... It is God that we all seek and the Life that HE demonstrated is the road whereby we seek God.

Fundamental christianity that you subscribe too is total gibberish, not thought through by those of who us gave ourselves to it, is totally unwilling to answer questions, especially questions that exposes gaping holes and flaws in its belief systems.
You would know nothing about Jesus without the Bible, which you dis regularly.

Old 09-01-2016, 01:52 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,334,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Lies Lies Lies, i dis fundamentalism and its need to worship the bible, and the need to worship it over what Jesus actually taught.

Old 09-01-2016, 01:54 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,221,051 times
Quote:
The entire Jesus Revolution was based on people having a personal experience with Jesus Christ. The so-called Jesus Freaks experienced Christ outside the Bible. It's a pity you somehow missed it.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Lies Lies Lies, i dis fundamentalism and its need to worship the bible, and the need to worship it over what Jesus actually taught.
You would know nothing about what Jesus taught without the Bible.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:41 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,411,850 times
Quote:
You & I know about Jesus the Christ because of the scriptures.
Quote:
You would know nothing about what Jesus taught without the Bible.
Jimmy, let me put it this way. I assume that you believe that Jesus embodied the Christ nature, and that he was the epitome of love, joy, peace, etc. So, if you know and recognize that Christ nature (even if you don't know to call it "Christ") then you do know the essence of who Jesus was AND what he taught about those things, even if you don't know that you know.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Jimmy, let me put it this way. I assume that you believe that Jesus embodied the Christ nature, and that he was the epitome of love, joy, peace, etc. So, if you know and recognize that Christ nature (even if you don't know to call it "Christ") then you do know the essence of who Jesus was AND what he taught about those things, even if you don't know that you know.
You would not even know that ^^^ about Him without scripture.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:53 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,411,850 times
Quote:
You would not even know that ^^^ about Him without scripture.
I know you don't think that people who don't know the bible don't know love, joy, peace, etc., so it doesn't make sense for you to say that.

Old 09-01-2016, 03:08 PM

63,903 posts, read 40,178,831 times
Quote:
That has nothing to do with my point. You would know nothing of Jesus without the Bible. You can't refute that, so you post this ^^^ gibberish.
You are stating the obvious and pretending it is some catch-all defense of the Bible. How we know ABOUT Jesus has nothing to do with what we are supposed to do now that we know about Him. His message and instructions to us are more important than the source of the information. You are worshiping and revering the source and ignoring His direct instructions to His disciples to love God and each other every day and repent when we don't.

Old 09-01-2016, 03:27 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,706,109 times
Quote:
Jimmie, if you know anything of love, mercy, peace, joy, patience, kindness, gentleness, self-control, etc. in your life, then you know the Christ.
I see that you have been reading your Bible and learned about the fruits of the Spirit. This is a good start
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity