Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 10:16 AM

638 posts, read 929,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandata View Post
European-Africans cause plenty of problems. They riot and light cars on fire in France, and London's crop of Jamaican-Brits aren't much different from our blacks. Parts of Malmo are no-go zones etc. There is endless information on it all. Recall that when London was 98% White the bobbies didn't need to carry guns. As far as academia goes, the target of hate is White Christendom. That's why bigots use science to attack Christianity, and then deny science to attack the White Western world using the false doctrine of egalitarianism. It's shameful hypocrisy and clearly ideological.
LOL and yet London produced some of the first serial murderers in the world, white men. Be careful when making sweeping generalizations about race. Additionally to the above post, yes African Americans immulate pop stars, but so do white, hispanic, and asian children.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:38 AM

5,288 posts, read 8,879,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deechee View Post
How about we all calm down and return to the original topic:

SEGREGATION IN THE CITY OF CHICAGO
IMO crazy off-the-chart racist rantings are a BIG part of why we have segregation. when you have people in 2009 that honestly believe that black folks are genetically pre-determined to commit crimes at a level higher than white ones, you find that those people are both unwilling to move to areas that aren't all white, and are also hostile to black folks moving in.

One of the more interesting studies I've seen showed how for a large sample of white people, the "ideal" racial makeup of their neighborhood is usually like 75-80% white, 20-25% black/minority (or something like that), whereas for black folks, it was more like 50/50.

Last edited by Chi-town Native; 09-14-2009 at 11:30 AM..

Old 09-14-2009, 10:47 AM

1,070 posts, read 2,920,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
IMO crazy off-the-chart racist rantings are a BIG part of why we have segregation. when you have people in 2009 that honestly believe that black folks are genetically pre-determined to commit crimes at a level higher than white ones, you find that those people are both unwilling to move to areas that aren't all white, and are also hostile to black folks moving in.

One of the more interesting studies I've seen showed how for a large sample whte people, the "ideal" racial makeup of their neighborhood is usually like 75-80% white, 20-25% black/minority (or something like that), whereas got black folks, it was more like 50/50.
Yeah, I must say I'd prefer the 50/50 model myself.

I cannot imagine a black person's ancestors being more inclined to commit crimes. It sounds kinda Neo-Nazi for someone to say something as off the wall as that. If that was the case (as it is in evolution) then why hasn't the black race turned into absolute animals? Why aren't they all dead if this is so true. I'm really angry at those kinds of statements, so sorry if I sound weird, but I just don't understand.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:01 PM

27 posts, read 140,487 times
The denials of nature here are astounding. I think this subject is the only one where science (DNA, genome decoding, etc.) is thrown out the window because it produces results that some people don't like. On the flip side, these science deniers sure are fast to flip-flop to use science when it helps them attack religion. Self-segregation is NORMAL, you see it an many CPS high schools where Latinos and blacks don't share the same lunch tables, and you can't blame their behavior on neo-nazism or can you? I wonder what Kanye West and Serina Williams think about all of this stuff? LOL!!

Old 09-14-2009, 03:18 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,920,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbros View Post
The denials of nature here are astounding. I think this subject is the only one where science (DNA, genome decoding, etc.) is thrown out the window because it produces results that some people don't like. On the flip side, these science deniers sure are fast to flip-flop to use science when it helps them attack religion. Self-segregation is NORMAL, you see it an many CPS high schools where Latinos and blacks don't share the same lunch tables, and you can't blame their behavior on neo-nazism or can you? I wonder what Kanye West and Serina Williams think about all of this stuff? LOL!!
I've never witnessed that, and most of my education (around 11 years of it) was in the CPS. I do understand your point. Why do these children do this? If someone even remotely has the answer to this, I will greatly appreciate it

Old 09-14-2009, 05:18 PM

896 posts, read 1,399,937 times
Quote:

One of the more interesting studies I've seen showed how for a large sample of white people, the "ideal" racial makeup of their neighborhood is usually like 75-80% white, 20-25% black/minority (or something like that), whereas for black folks, it was more like 50/50.
I prefer 80/20 racial makeup and I am black

Old 09-14-2009, 07:06 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,879,802 times
it was an average of course, I don't think any two people think exactly the same way, much less a large group.

this is pretty interesting:

Even Babies Discriminate: A NurtureShock Excerpt. | Newsweek Life | Newsweek.com

I'd be curious to hear opinions, it addresses some of the things we're talking about, without resorting to the pseudo-science the racists love to tout (while of course never actually being able to explain scientifically).

Old 09-14-2009, 07:38 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,265,438 times
Here is a statewide dissimilarity chart. Chicago is not numero uno.

CensusScope -- Segregation: Dissimilarity Indices

Old 09-14-2009, 08:22 PM

68 posts, read 215,158 times
Quote:
it was an average of course, I don't think any two people think exactly the same way, much less a large group.

this is pretty interesting:

Even Babies Discriminate: A NurtureShock Excerpt. | Newsweek Life | Newsweek.com

I'd be curious to hear opinions, it addresses some of the things we're talking about, without resorting to the pseudo-science the racists love to tout (while of course never actually being able to explain scientifically).
So, you are saying that Black and Latino babies discriminate against each other? just like their high school age kids do? I wouldn't doubt it either.

PS It's not pseudo-science to understand very simple things like bone marrow transplants, organ donation, etc are heavily dependent on RACIAL factors for their success. Race deniers are up there with the Creationists as the most silly people around.

PS again, Newsweek is a horrible source for the news, their recent articles about race were viciously anti-White, and I'm happy to report that Newsweek is going down the tubes, they can't attract any advertisers and for good reason. Intelligent people are getting their news from the Real News Network (internet) and not stale Leftist propaganda outfits like Newsweek.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:44 PM

68 posts, read 215,158 times
The liberal Newsweek article is rife with White-guilt, stereotyping, making Whites look like racists etc. blah blah blah yawn...but there were a few nuggets, maybe Chi-Town Native could discuss with us:
Quote:
Minority parents are more likely to help their children develop a racial identity from a young age.
Quote:
Moody found that the more diverse the school, the more the kids self-segregate by race and ethnicity within the school, and thus the likelihood that any two kids of different races have a friendship goes down.
Quote:
a 2007 study in the Journal of Marriage and Family found that out of 17,000 families with kindergartners, nonwhite parents are about three times more likely to discuss race than white parents; 75 percent of the latter never, or almost never, talk about race.
and then this gem which exposes Newsweek's pathetic bias:
Quote:
That leads to the question that everyone wonders but rarely dares to ask. If black pride is good for African-American children, where does that leave white children? It's horrifying to imagine kids being proud to be white.
Being proud to be white is horrifying. There you have it. It is a pleasure to stand up and expose anti-White bigots each and every time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago