Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 09:00 PM

760 posts, read 1,271,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisklaw View Post
The liberal Newsweek article is rife with White-guilt, stereotyping, making Whites look like racists etc. blah blah blah yawn...but there were a few nuggets, maybe Chi-Town Native could discuss with us: and then this gem which exposes Newsweek's pathetic bias: Being proud to be white is horrifying. There you have it. It is a pleasure to stand up and expose anti-White bigots each and every time.
Don't these clowns every say anything original. Seems like every single comment they parrot is lifted from a Limbaugh/Beck/Hannity/Savage, aka hate radio show. Come up with your own ideas instead of getting them from ex drug addict partisan corporate shills.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:04 PM

68 posts, read 215,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyPants View Post
Don't these clowns every say anything original. Seems like every single comment they parrot is lifted from a Limbaugh/Beck/Hannity/Savage, aka hate radio show. Come up with your own ideas instead of getting them from ex drug addict partisan corporate shills.
Hey, I read the article, did you? Sorry, that putting everything in quote boxes wasn't easy enough for you to follow. Newsweek is partisan corporate shill, and it's going bankrupt, ha ha. Good riddance.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:24 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,269,957 times
Is Chicago segregated, say by income, real estate location and conveniences, or is it self-segregated by say neighborhoods and conveniences? I think it is hard to pin down one cause or one answer. . .

Old 09-15-2009, 08:02 AM

5,288 posts, read 8,883,929 times
I'm proud to be Irish. White - decidedly NOT. That's an identity the man forced on my people a few centuries ago to drag us down the tubes with them in terms of guilt/responsibility for plundering the planet.

Q: Why did the sun never set on the British Empire?

A: Because God didn't trust them in the dark.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:36 AM

1,070 posts, read 2,921,158 times
The basic thing everyone is scooting around is each different race has some grudge against the other, it will continue this way for a long time. Until people of other races stop being scared of unity, there will always be segregation. I admit I self segregate because I don't feel welcome in all white, or all hispanic areas.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:29 AM

68 posts, read 215,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
I'm proud to be Irish. White - decidedly NOT.
But you're not Irish, you live in Chicago, USA and you're a Chicago native and that makes you White American whether you like it or not. Your enemies, and people who hate you based on your skin color don't give a darn about whether you are irish or german or polish, and they most certainly don't think enough about this subject to discern that those three countries were never colonial powers that enslaved blacks and browns.

Wake up, you are white. I think that 45 years of culturally marxist brainwashing has worked on you. That Newsweek article that you posted uses the term White tens of times in it, yet you dislike the term?

Most White kids these days in Chicagoland are mixed European anyway, not specifically Irish, Polish, Italian or German, etc. Why should they say they are Irish when they are more than that? They are White. White. Say it a few times it won't hurt you.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
Is Chicago segregated, say by income, real estate location and conveniences, or is it self-segregated by say neighborhoods and conveniences? I think it is hard to pin down one cause or one answer. . .
It's super that you try to make things sound nice, but in reality they aren't. The reasons people segregate is mostly class and race.

If it wasn't, why would whites move way out to places like rural Grundy and DeKalb counties where there are no conveniences? What neighborhoods?

Old 09-15-2009, 12:37 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,883,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisklaw View Post
Why should they say they are Irish when they are more than that? They are White. White. Say it a few times it won't hurt you.
Because being white is being LESS than that. that's why you call bland things "white bread"

and I am a mutt and I am American - but unfortunately, being "White" in America means being lumped in with racist jamokes like you, who confuse one's ethnic background with some sort of genetically pre-ordained superiority (usually because said person has no real skills or talents)- and that I refuse to submit to.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:40 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,621,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deechee View Post
...The reasons people segregate is mostly class and race.

If it wasn't, why would whites move way out to places like rural Grundy and DeKalb?
Because they are sick of crime and getting taxed through all orifices of their bodies?

You are over simplifying things a bit too much.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Because they are sick of crime and getting taxed through all orifices of their bodies?

You are over simplifying things a bit too much.

Nope. I'm a realist. They only worry about those things after they think about the race and class of those around them.

Why did my building in Beverly become almost entirely black after I moved there? It wasn't taxes....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago