Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2012, 05:54 AM

14,450 posts, read 20,630,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post
This week, HT changed their double coupon policy. They went from a 99 cent limit to $2.00 per coupon.

The 99 cent limit was frustrating because many coupons are $1.00 these days. Having 4 $2.00 coupons tonight, it was nice to get $16.00 off my bill.
That event, which is still under way until the 26th was a special promotion. During the same time period in 2010 and 2011 HT had Super Double coupons. This year they changed it to include any coupon up to $2.00 vs. $1.98.

I had a $2 coupon and it did not get doubled to $4.00. The items were on sale for 90 cents each.
The coupon was $2/3 items. So, 3 at the regular price was $2.70. So, only 70 cents of the $2.00 got doubled, but the items were still free = good.

They have not raised their coupon policy from 99 cents to $2.00, as far as I know. Their daily policy is still up to 99 cents, and the $2.00 this week was just a special event, that may or may not be repeated in coming months.

We HT loyals wonder what type of coupon promotions that Publix will have, to compete for our food dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 06:33 AM

714 posts, read 2,305,563 times
I have always loved HT's super and triple events. I've left the store paying less than a dollar for a couple of bags of groceries before! I've never run into issues with service or coupons at the Shoppes @ Ardrey Kell location. In fact, one of the managers took the time to explain some couponing tricks to me a couple of years ago.

I'll be interested in seeing what goes up in Indian Land, but having visited Publix locations in Loganville, GA and Fernandina Beach, FL I was not impressed with the store itself, nor the prices. This Publix would have to be something pretty special price-wise for me to drive 10 minutes out of my way to shop there.

I imagine that HT will start sending out their $10 and $20 off coupons soon, just as they did when Wal-Mart opened in Indian Land. That won't be a bad thing.

I'm more interested in what Harris Teeter is planning with the Lowes they just acquired, only a quarter mile away from their store at Ardrey Kell.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:39 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
I'm more interested in what Harris Teeter is planning with the Lowes they just acquired, only a quarter mile away from their store at Ardrey Kell.
Harris Teeter will likely add pharmacy departments in the stores acquired recently from Lowe's Foods. I know Lowe's Foods at Tega Cay did not have a pharmacy, and is a reason the chain struggled in the Charlotte area.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:39 AM

98 posts, read 200,422 times
Talking Publix....completion date?

Could not find the original post on Publix, but was curious if anyone had information on when either of the stores would be finished/opening??? I'm chomping at the bit and ready to roll right on down the street to shop my favorite place!! Cannot find any info in the news outlets regarding this timeline.

Thanks!!
J

Old 09-06-2012, 07:44 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,335,027 times
Tentatively late October

Dozens submit applications at Publix job fair in Rock Hill | www.wsoctv.com

Old 09-19-2012, 08:43 AM

930 posts, read 2,160,437 times
Default Publix - NC

I know there are a lot of people on here that love Publix. I just read that in early 2014 Publix will open a store in Ballantyne. Just thought that I would share.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:47 AM

372 posts, read 722,943 times
Just read the same.

Here's their news release:

Quote:
LAKELAND, Fla., September 19, 2012—Today Publix Super Markets Inc. announced it has signed a lease for a store in the Greater Charlotte, North Carolina area located at Providence Road West and Johnston Road in Ballantyne. The store will be part of a new division based in Charlotte. While Ballantyne marks Publix’s long awaited entry into North Carolina, the company is looking ahead to continued growth within the state and in its current operating areas of Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama and Tennessee.

Publix CEO, Ed Crenshaw, commented on the new market. "Our customers and associates have long asked us to come to North Carolina. We look forward to providing the Charlotte community with the high quality service and products that our customers have come to expect and that have earned us recognition throughout the industry. I am proud of our associate owners for their commitment to exceeding our customers' expectations, which has allowed Publix to continue to grow in new markets."

The grand opening date for the North Carolina location will depend on several factors, including permitting and completion of the store's construction; however, the opening is tentatively planned for early 2014.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:52 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Fine with me - love having choices, but having shopped at Publix many times over the years while staying in Florida, I don't think there is anything special about them. I will be checking this store out, though, and will happily allow them to prove me wrong, lol.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:45 AM

159 posts, read 335,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Fine with me - love having choices, but having shopped at Publix many times over the years while staying in Florida, I don't think there is anything special about them. I will be checking this store out, though, and will happily allow them to prove me wrong, lol.
The same for me...I'm in Florida like twice a year to visit family and Publix wasn't special to me. I only go to Publix to get orange roughy, which is the only store I know that has it, fresh or frozen besides special order from another place. I know eating orange roughy is looked down upon by some but whatever. I'm interested in their bakery section, if the bakery is the only thing they have the upper on Harris Teeter, then it's just whatever to me.

I know couponers love Publix because they allow competitors, their own store, and manufacturer's coupons and they always have buy one get one deals. I still think their coupon policy sucks compared to HT's, but there's no daily limit. I'm willing to try couponing there, just to for comparison sake. No wonder HT bought up those Lowes locations, three HTs are by that stretch of Johnston Rd.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:51 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle704 View Post
The same for me...I'm in Florida like twice a year to visit family and Publix wasn't special to me. I only go to Publix to get orange roughy, which is the only store I know that has it, fresh or frozen besides special order from another place. I know eating orange roughy is looked down upon by some but whatever. I'm interested in their bakery section, if the bakery is the only thing they have the upper on Harris Teeter, then it's just whatever to me.

I know couponers love Publix because they allow competitors, their own store, and manufacturer's coupons and they always have buy one get one deals. I still think their coupon policy sucks compared to HT's, but there's no daily limit. I'm willing to try couponing there, just to for comparison sake. No wonder HT bought up those Lowes locations, three HTs are by that stretch of Johnston Rd.
You know, maybe it is the couponing that has people in a froth about Publix.

I have heard others mention the bakery, too! I can't imagine what they will have that is so much better than what I can find already. I think Nova's bakery turns out some really good stuff and I am fine with buying it - if I am not making my own bread (which I often do).

As for orange roughy, surprised to hear that folks are negative about eating it - I like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte