Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 10:46 PM

92 posts, read 317,899 times

Advertisements

I just bought a milk cow and am looking towards breeding cattle for meat...got some hens too....

Okay, just kidding, I don't own any cow or hens, but my husband can bring some deer meat home now...how 'bout yeeeee!! he....he....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 11:04 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,583,894 times
Are you serious??

Bloom has a policy that if the price is wrong at the register they will refund the amount for 1 item of its kind.

We bought grouper (1lb/11.99)...and we purchased only 1/2lb.
They charged us 11.99..so we went to customer service..and they refunded us the the whole 11.99.

We love Bloom because they always at least one item that has a wrong price.
So we always get something for free.

I miss the cuban bread from Publix....

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
Bllom is nothing but a dressed up Food Lion. I have been there 3 times to the new one in Fort Mill. The prices, which are even higher than Harris Teeter, always come up wrong when checking out; then the people working are rude about. A 9 oz bag of Kettle Brand chips is 3.40 at HT and Earth Fare; it's 3.49 for a 5 oz bag at Bloom and I know Belhize or however you spell it has more buying power than Earth Fare.

I have noticed though that a lot of things in Ballantyne are expensive just because it's Ballantyne. On average the Subway there is about $2 more for a 12 inch combo meal than the 3 Subways near where I work.

Old 12-16-2007, 11:22 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banker0679 View Post
Are you serious??

Bloom has a policy that if the price is wrong at the register they will refund the amount for 1 item of its kind.

We bought grouper (1lb/11.99)...and we purchased only 1/2lb.
They charged us 11.99..so we went to customer service..and they refunded us the the whole 11.99.

We love Bloom because they always at least one item that has a wrong price.
So we always get something for free.

I miss the cuban bread from Publix....

The mgmt, which I have spoken to 2 of the 3 times, did not mention that to me, so they apparently are not eager to honor that which would be another reason to stay away. Not only was the price of the chips high, but the regular price for the itme which scanned wrong was 5.99 when that same item is 5.29 at Bi-lo and 5.39 at HT. Look at the ads for Bloom and Food Lion; they are nearly identical.

As far as bread being shipped from NJ, I think I'll stay with Nova's Bread made in Charlotte which you can buy at Earth Fare and a few other places. Baker's Blessing in Matthews is also good. The fresher the bread the better obviously.

Old 12-16-2007, 11:27 AM

The signs are on every register.

It's a black sign with white letters.

Maybe the new stores dont have this policy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
The mgmt, which I have spoken to 2 of the 3 times, did not mention that to me, so they apparently are not eager to honor that which would be another reason to stay away. Not only was the price of the chips high, but the regular price for the itme which scanned wrong was 5.99 when that same item is 5.29 at Bi-lo and 5.39 at HT. Look at the ads for Bloom and Food Lion; they are nearly identical.

As far as bread being shipped from NJ, I think I'll stay with Nova's Bread made in Charlotte which you can buy at Earth Fare and a few other places. Baker's Blessing in Matthews is also good. The fresher the bread the better obviously.

Old 12-16-2007, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banker0679 View Post
The signs are on every register.

It's a black sign with white letters.

Maybe the new stores dont have this policy?

I didn't see at the self check out lanes.

Old 12-16-2007, 11:33 AM

i dont think it's there....i have used the regular lanes.

Old 12-16-2007, 11:58 AM

It should be...it's all the same scanners and barcodes.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:39 PM

540 posts, read 1,705,433 times
i think you'll spend more in gas, than ther savings from driving to publix...
however, there's one in spartenburg, about 20 miles closer...look up publix.com for the
closest one...also, there are some near columbia, down i-77, not sure which is closer.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:06 AM

146 posts, read 451,487 times
I have been really disappointed with the selection of both meats and produce in both Lowes and HT. I realize that it differs between stores and I don't mind driving a little further, but so far have had no luck finding the same quality as I had up north. Are there any higher end grocery stores comparable to a Whole Foods market or Wegmans?

With family coming in for the holidays I have been really trying to find a better source for food shopping then my local markets.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:24 AM

Pa Family, where do you live again? There isn't anything really comparable to a Wegman's here. I would say Harris Teeter is the closest you will find to that. Earth Fare is very similar to Whole Foods, except their stores on average are about 1ok sq foot smaller. There's one close to South Park Mall, one in Ballantyne at 485 and Johnston Rd, and one opening in Rock Hill next year. There are some smaller natural foods stores such as Home Economist Market (the sore on South Blvd is actually a decent size and there is one on Independence and one in Davidson), and there is Talley's Green Grocery on East Blvd. There are also some Fresh Markets in the area, one on Hwy 51 around Pineville/S. Charlotte. The newer Earth fare at south park has a big selection of natural and organice meats and both stores have a decent slection of local, natural, and organic produce.

Last edited by groove1; 12-19-2007 at 07:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte