Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2014, 05:54 AM

16,668 posts, read 15,663,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganthid View Post
Has anybody been to or heard anything about the new restaurant called "Boomer's" just down past CAMC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
I haven't. Which hospital specifically, General, Memorial, or Women's and Children's? If its Memorial, then are you talking about where Murade's used to be?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I haven't heard of a "Boomer's," but it might help if you said WHICH CAMC facility you mean. Memorial, General, Women's and Children's, or Teay's Valley?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganthid View Post
Sorry, It's CAMC general, I think. Boomer's is near The taco bell in Kanawha City. Not sure what used to be there because I haven't been in Charleston for that long.
Quote:
I guess he means "Boom's." It is in the building that used to be Shoney's at 36th Street in Kanawha City. Of course, that's only a few blocks up from CAMC Memorial, and just one block from Taco Bell. I haven't been in Kanawha City for a couple of months, so I'm guessing that Boom's just opened.
These posts go back to March, and we finally have our answers.

Old 09-19-2014, 06:50 AM

6,074 posts, read 9,098,885 times
Quote:
These posts go back to March, and we finally have our answers.
That was a long process!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 06:57 AM

1,946 posts, read 4,071,775 times
Well done Mensa, now I have another place to check out when I'm down that way.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:55 PM

Just some updates from the Charleston area. Having not been in WV for the last couple of years has left me out of the loop, but I know of a few things going on around the area which have been neglected.

Dunkin Donuts in Hurricane is open (I believe it opened in September) and the manager says that expansion into Charleston is going to eventually happen. Combination Little General Store, Dunkin' Donuts Opens In Hurricane - WCHS - ABC

Energy Corporation of America has built and completed their new Eastern Division HQ at Northgate Business Park. I don't even know if this has been made known on here, but I've seen a few pictures and it is a very beautiful and contemporary looking building. (SORRY NO LINK)

Eagle View (once to be a top tier subdivision) has been developed into condos/apartments. Actually probably Charleston's largest complex of its type, with outstanding views of the city and valley as a whole. Eagle View: Apartments & Town Homes in Charleston, WV

MVB Bank's four story office building in downtown is complete (or at least on the outside). Not my favorite building.
corny video extra I found if anyone is interested
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmNYojQty7k&safe=active

Courtyard by Marriott in downtown is almost complete and is scheduled to open very soon. Of course, we all know how that kind of stuff goes.

Wendy's is building a new location in Saint Albans to replace their old one.

Krogers at Ashton Place has been finished for a while, and the last time I was in tow I went in at it was the bomb! They remodeled the Teays Valley location as well, but I haven't seen it personally.

Taco Bell is opening locations in Winfield and Belle. No idea what there status is.

Aldi is under construction in Scott Depot. Should be a nice and bigger store.

Things I have little or no clue about.

CVS on Oakwood Rd. construction update...
Sheetz in South Charleston progress/ lack of progress?
Five Guys in Teays Valley under construction?
Five Guys in Kanawha City?

Old 11-03-2014, 08:04 AM

16,668 posts, read 15,663,359 times
Today's Gazette said that Laury's is opening a restaurant in the building that formerly housed the Vandalia Grill.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:54 AM

Another of Charleston's fine eating establishments is getting a remodel
The Charleston Gazette | Chop House to add outdoor patio

Old 11-06-2014, 08:06 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,420,628 times
Quote:
Another of Charleston's fine eating establishments is getting a remodel
The Charleston Gazette | Chop House to add outdoor patio
Looks like they want to capitalize on the al fresco scene and the Civic Center renovation. Good move.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elewis7 View Post
Looks like they want to capitalize on the al fresco scene and the Civic Center renovation. Good move.
That will become a very high energy street when the civic center remodel is complete. I can see the lot where Fifth Quarter is, developing into several restaurants/businesses.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:06 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,420,628 times
Quote:
That will become a very high energy street when the civic center remodel is complete. I can see the lot where Fifth Quarter is, developing into several restaurants/businesses.
I just want to buy Fifth Quarter and the Beni Kedem temple and go to town on that area. A nice idea would be to build a new Municipal Auditorium on that site. At the very least, that parcel and where the Sears Auto Center is can be reworked to better tie the Civic Center, Mall, and current Auditorium together much better.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:33 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,149,217 times
Unless they remodeled the Teays Valley Kroger location in the last 5 days, it hasn't been remodeled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston