Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2015, 01:01 PM

6,071 posts, read 9,095,810 times

Advertisements

Steak Escape on Capital will be interesting to see. There is certainly nothing like it there, and I also glad that this is not the Cafe de Paris project. My friend says that his relative is putting in the restaurant in downtown, but doesn't know if it will be there at Cafe de Paris location. It will have a bar and grill type atmosphere.

Also curious to see what the mall will do with the vacated Steak Escape as well as the empty space beside of it. Maybe a larger restaurant would take both slots. That will be hard considering the attractiveness of having larger restaurants near the mall entrances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 03:56 PM

The Charleston Gazette | Restaurant moving into Cafe de Paris space downtown

Old 01-06-2015, 08:21 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,420,209 times
I guess I just don't understand the secrecy. If things are this far along, then it's inevitable that the restaurant is a go. Why not announce what's going in there and start drumming up a following and getting good press?

But it does lay out that this won't be the Steak Escape. So that's good!

Old 01-12-2015, 10:22 AM

16,665 posts, read 15,660,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
Where in South Charleston is Sheetz looking to build?

I remember hearing before that the lack of available flat land was the biggest hurdle for Sheetz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Beside Thomas Memorial between McDonald Street and Park Ave.

Here is one of the articles:
| Sheetz gas station, store in works for South Charleston

That recent article didn't mention it, and I also noticed some wrong information on there. For example; they said that there was around 20 Sheetz stores in WV, when in fact there is over 40.
Well, it's finally going to happen. Sheetz is indeed building on that lot near Thomas hospital.

Sheetz to Open South Charleston location Next Year

Old 01-12-2015, 12:11 PM

You beat me to it. I saw that buzzing on facebook today. Looks like last winters weather delayed Sheetz in other projects, and now they are able to move on with this one. That article says it is from Sept.

Old 01-14-2015, 07:27 AM

The Charleston Gazette | Josef’s Cup, the newest coffee shop in Charleston

Old 01-14-2015, 12:24 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,039,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Well, it's finally going to happen. Sheetz is indeed building on that lot near Thomas hospital.

Sheetz to Open South Charleston location Next Year
Seems to me Sheetz is positioning itself to be the dominant factor in the gasoline/quick shop market in the whole state. They seem to be pretty successful, so it's good to be recognized as a growth market.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:01 PM

Update on Cafe de Paris space:

Caitlin Cook ‏@caitlincookWV 10 seconds ago
Tony Harmon, of the Charleston building commission, confirmed The Wine Valley is remodeling the Cafe de Paris space in downtown Charleston.

The Wine Valley

I've never been (they're out in Teays Valley), but that sort of restaurant (wine, tapas) would be a phenomenal addition to that area.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:25 PM

82 posts, read 120,149 times
You beat me to it. This is an exciting development, as a wine & tapas bar has been (IMO) one of the most glaring holes in Charleston's otherwise-decent-and-improving culinary scene. I've actually been saying for years that Cafe Paris is the perfect location to do this, I just never had the capital to do it myself haha. A wine bar will be a nice complement to the Charleston Brewing/Black Sheep brewpub next door.

My wife and I have been to The Wine Valley's original location out in Scott Depot several times, and I can say it's a VERY well-run operation. The owner is an extremely nice guy, and seems to know his wines and cheeses. It's a nice place to go on one of their regular jazz nights and relax with a few friends, a bottle (or flight) of wine, and a meat & cheese board. I'm looking forward to this.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:46 AM

Construction Underway Soon on New Panera Bread in Teays Valley, W.Va.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston